Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk6 Triple Deck Stereo Removal

TheWaddler

hi guys,

im having trouble removing the triple deck stereo from my 03 mk6 fiesta, specifically the heating controls under the stereo.

i have been following this guide: http://www.fitaudio.com/?View=entry&EntryID=69

and i am stuck at step 4 (here's the tricky part)

the problem is i can't seem to detach any of the heating controls, though the green one on the right for the distribution control seems to be partially detached and the control now doesn't work.

could someone explain to me how to detach the controls properly or let me know how to reattach the distribution control properly as i cannot even get the console back together properly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

hi guys,

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Fear not Brother,

Welcome to the Forum,

Click Here thats how you remove the controls mate, any more trouble just reply. i know thats a focus in the guide but the method for removing yours is the very same,

dont forget to use a cloth or a dash wipe to cover the controls, when pulling,

and pull straight not at an angle,

and in the worst case Solaria Click Here Mate

but rest asure my guide wont have you buying a new control unit, but what has been done already, may lead you to,

im on here till 12 - 1am tonight if you need more advise mate.

Thanks for the reply Lenny, however im not sure this will help me remove the stereo. I am having trouble disconnecting the wires and whatnot from the back of the heater controls behind the fascia, as it states in the guide i posted.

I am going to take a trip to my local motorist's centre to see if they can help, and i will let you know how i get on, but any other help would be much appreciated :)

Thanks for the reply Lenny, however im not sure this will help me remove the stereo. I am having trouble disconnecting the wires and whatnot from the back of the heater controls behind the fascia, as it states in the guide i posted.

I am going to take a trip to my local motorist's centre to see if they can help, and i will let you know how i get on, but any other help would be much appreciated :)

No problem,

I just thought if you removed the knobs and unscrewed the heater controls at the rear of the Fascia, then you wouldnt have to disconnect the cables at the back of the heater controls :huh:

No problem,

I just thought if you removed the knobs and unscrewed the heater controls at the rear of the Fascia, then you wouldnt have to disconnect the cables at the back of the heater controls :huh:

Ah i see where your coming from but i can't actually get to the back of the fascia which is the problem, so i couldn't unscrew the controls anyways. the guide says the wires should just "pop off" but they don't seem to be able to :(

Update: My Local Motorist's Centre was no help lol. But since then we have fixed the problem on the distribution control and have successfully put the dash back together .... for now ;)

All i need to know now is how to detach the cable from the back of the middle control, the temperature control. According to the guide in my first post the cable should just unhook, which i can do, and im not meant to pull too hard on the green cable stop because it might snap. however i can't seem to detach the green cable stop from "its home" behind the temperature control.

the part im referring to can be seen in the picture:

headunit6.jpg

it is the green bit below the "M" at the bottom of the picture, in the centre

Again, any help would be much appreciated :)

• 2 weeks later...

ive just done this with mine....on the bigger part of the green bit (back bit) there is 2 green bits that stick out...it looks as though its all one mould but you can actually push them in...if you push them in it comes free from the heater control. when you put it back together it just pops back on easily :)

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I'm also having trouble removing my triple deck stereo. I can't take the dashboard off fully as I can't work out how to take it off the heating controls. How did you do it?

Also, do I need to get a new stereo if I want to fit a sub into the car?

Thank you :)

hey,

the left one (speed) has a 'button' on the underside of the connector, squeeze it and it should just wiggle free. the central one (temperature) is the one i had trouble with. first you remove the cable from the gear so it gives you some slack to work with, the silver end bit should just pop out. it is helpful if you have a pair of long nose pliers because next part is the tricky bit. the green cable stop (the green bit below the "M" in the picture above) has two very stiff clips on the side closest to you, which must be squeezed in so the cable stop can push through the hole backwards (toward the engine), it will require some force as it is made of very stiff plastic. finally, the rightmost one should just wiggle free :mellow:

hope that helps, i tried to be as thorough as possible because i know how difficult it is :)

as for the sub, i would assume the new stereo you are putting in has a sub output on the back, if not then im not sure if it is possible. though i am not good with electricals, someone else would have to assist with that :(

let us no how you get on :)

I fitted a new aftermarket stereo to my friend's 04 plate fiesta a few years ago, I remember having the same problem with refitting the heater controls, i got it to go back after some hassle.

You can cut the dividing bars out of the original stereo surround bezel, making it possible to fit either a double Din stereo or a single Din stereo unit.

We decided to go to a local scrap yard and get another stereo surround bezel, so we had a spare one if he had to sell the car in the future. You can pick them up for about £5.

You will also need to get a triple dash facia, to hold the new stereo system, this is screwed in place to hold the new stereo. They average at about £7/£8 off the internet.

As for the stereo itself, always check that it has either a rear/Sub output before purchasing one, as you need this to get the correct connections to link the amplifier for the sub to the head unit. Make sure the stereo has a cage with it as you will need this to stop the stereo moving about, if it is a new stereo you are buying, then it will come supplied. (also make sure the stereo comes with a ariel adaptor so that the radio works, or alternatively you can buy one for about £3 from a car accessory shop)

Another item you will need to get is a Wiring Harness Adaptor, to allow you to connect the aftermarket head unit into the standard ford wiring, its just a case of clipping it on to the standard plug that goes into the back of the Ford stereo, then plugging the other side into your new stereo.

Here are a few links for the items i have mentioned,

http://www.google.co...sh+fascia&hl=en

http://www.google.co...5l662l0.3.1l4l0

I hope this helps, if you have any other questions, just ask :).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys I have just bought my first car and I have a triple deck cd player in my ford fiesta finesse 52 plate.am just wondering if I can remove this so I can put a cd player that has a AUX socket so I can plug my I phone in?I would be very great ful of any help.pls

of course you can mate, as long as you buy one with an AUX input, then just follow the guide mentioned above, simples ;)

• 6 months later...

Hi All,

This is my first post ever on this forum, I've been following excellent instructions on this page for the removal of my triple deck stereo. Just a bit of daft question. I lost a couple of screws into the centre console area when I was putting it all back together. They are now owe here to be found. Just curious to know if they can do any damage if I just leave them inside or if I need to take more of the car apart to be sure of getting them out.

Any advice would be great

Thanks

Rich

• 5 months later...

I followed this for my Mrs' Fiesta triple deck stereo. Perfect guide and simple to execute.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IOiEoUjYo8

Few complications:

1) Heater control cable pinches off but the clip is quite firm; with a gentle but firm tug it will come out of the bracket.

2) The Fan Control plug is fidely.. Connect this to the Fascia first then feed the other end of the cable into the slot and the back which you can't really see. God the hours I spent trying to do it the other way...reduces a grown man to tears!

Ive stripped mine down and taken the standard unit out. Just got to buy the fascia adaptor now, then a cd player and harness adaptor. Does any 1 know if these adaptors just simply plug and play, or do the wires require cutting? If its the later I think ill just end up popping to Halfords lol.

Hi,

They are indeed plug and play, no cutting at all. The CD player you buy will come with the corect harness, this wire will go into the auto leads adapter below.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001JP1LNU/ref=pe_217191_31005151_3p_dp_1

Look at the frequently bought together for the fascia and adapter.

Nice 1 for that cheers :) ill save 30quid by doing it myself then. Did yours need an aerial adaptor too though?

• 1 month later...

Hey guys!

Looking to add a new stereo to my Fiesta but I'm confused - won't these black strips that seperate the CD player / controls / radio get in the way of any new facia??

dashka4.jpg

If so, how have people got around it? Or am I missing something?

Cheers!

Hey guys!

Looking to add a new stereo to my Fiesta but I'm confused - won't these black strips that seperate the CD player / controls / radio get in the way of any new facia??

dashka4.jpg

If so, how have people got around it? Or am I missing something?

Cheers!

Hi SCR

You need to remove the whole fascia, heater controls etc. Link below. Should take you a couple of hours.

Once followed must cut off the bars.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IOiEoUjYo8

Cheers

If you are wanting to fit an aftermarket single or double din radio then eBay has loads to do the job, at least then you'll have the original fascia to put back on the car if you sell it on.

How do you mean put on the original fascia when you have to cut it. You would have to have a fascia which wraps around the heater controls and stretches to the glove box etc. Look at the video.

You will still need to cut the trim to fit this. I have this installed. This goes in place when the black bars are cut away.