Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 1.25 Purchase Advice

tomo2001

Just contemplating replacing a 2003 1.4 TDCI Fez with a new 1.25 Petrol. Loved the diesel but won't replace like for like due to DPF's (only do 5.5k per year).

I am at the point where I need convincing its the right thing to do so come on all you 1.25 owners tell me why I should/should not buy one - Autoexpress rate it as the best car/engine match for Average Joe.

Additionally any dealers reading this forum want to make me a crazy offer on a MY12 car ?

Thanks

go for either a Style+ 1.25 or Zetec trim, Do not get the basic "Style 60 engine". its been downtuned. A lot of people will tell you to get a bigger engine but i find the engine to be fine for day to day life and it handles motorways fine.the new mk7 is just a wonderful car. i love my Style+

go for either a Style+ 1.25 or Zetec trim, Do not get the basic "Style 60 engine". its been downtuned. A lot of people will tell you to get a bigger engine but i find the engine to be fine for day to day life and it handles motorways fine.the new mk7 is just a wonderful car. i love my Style+

Thanks Briggsy, looking at a 3dr Zetec in white with privacy glass, BT & USB and its a MY12 so got the new alloys and interior trim changes

I'd say it's definitely the right choice for you. If you're only doing 5.5k miles per year, to buy a diesel would be a bit silly.

As above go for the 82ps 1.25l rather than the 60ps 1.25l (I don't think you can get the 60ps version in a zetec trim anyway)

They're both the same tax band and insurance group... makes you wonder why Ford are still offering the 60ps

Options sound good too, and those alloys should look nice. Good luck

I'd say it's definitely the right choice for you. If you're only doing 5.5k miles per year, to buy a diesel would be a bit silly.

As above go for the 82ps 1.25l rather than the 60ps 1.25l (I don't think you can get the 60ps version in a zetec trim anyway)

They're both the same tax band and insurance group... makes you wonder why Ford are still offering the 60ps

Options sound good too, and those alloys should look nice. Good luck

Cheers MRC89, deciding factor is its for £10,500. What do you think ?

new i take it?

Not even built yet, production slot next week.

Bonjour,

Haggle hard with these dealerships, I just bought the new 2012 White Fiesta Zetec and for £10,600 I got them to chuck in:

* DAB/ bluetooth Radio

* Privacy Glass

* Spare Wheel

* Rear View Camera (also includes P/Sensors, Auto Lights/ Wipers and Auto Dim Mirror)

* Car mats

* Tank of Petrol

Bonjour,

Haggle hard with these dealerships, I just bought the new 2012 White Fiesta Zetec and for £10,600 I got them to chuck in:

* DAB/ Bluetooth Radio

* Privacy Glass

* Spare Wheel

* Rear View Camera (also includes P/Sensors, Auto Lights/ Wipers and Auto Dim Mirror)

* Car Mats

* Tank of Petrol

Hi mate 3 or 5 door ? Where you get it from, which dealer ?

Hi mate 3 or 5 door ? Where you get it from, which dealer ?

It's a 3 door, I think they look sportier.

I got it from Dagenham Motors (last week) but to be honest I had about 3 different dealerships trying to beat each other.

It's a 3 door, I think they look sportier.

I got it from Dagenham Motors (last week) but to be honest I had about 3 different dealerships trying to beat each other.

Whats the lead time on that mate ? Do you have a Dagenham contact ?

Whats the lead time on that mate ? Do you have a Dagenham contact ?

Lead Time?

The guy that I bought it from was called Warren at Dagenham Motors, Gillingham, Kent.

The DAB Radio/ CD Player is the upgraded Sony Unit which looks and sounds so much better.

Lead Time?

The guy that I bought it from was called Warren at Dagenham Motors, Gillingham, Kent.

The DAB Radio/ CD Player is the upgraded Sony Unit which looks and sounds so much better.

Lead time = how long you got to wait for it or was it in stock ?

Can I use you as a reference ? Do you receive anything if I was to buy from there ?

Do you have a copy of the quote that you could share ? Minus your personal details of course ;)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Paul

Lead time = how long you got to wait for it or was it in stock ?

Can I use you as a reference ? Do you receive anything if I was to buy from there ?

Do you have a copy of the quote that you could share ? Minus your personal details of course ;)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Paul

Oh sorry, I ordered it beginning of August and picked it up last Friday although I did have a longer wait as they only started building the MY12 Zetec beginning of September.

The new 15" wheels are identical to the 17" ones off the Zetec S and are so nice and the rear view camera is a nice extra.

I saw your post and thought I would just let you know you could get more for your money as I would be gutted.

If you drop me a mail with your email address and phone number, I will get Warren to call/ mail you. I think a referral is like £20 for me, nothing special.

In the mean time it might be a good idea to drop a email to each of your local dealerships with what you can get and how much and see if they will match it. They will bite your hand off for the sale.

Thanks

what about a centura? it has the 1.25 engine and loads of goodies (inc some great LED DRLs) and with it being a special edition it might hold its value better.

it also has the reversing camera (i have it on my tdci titty and can vouch for how quickly it becomes indispensable)

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/271150/ford_fiesta_centura_special_edition.html

road tax free for 1st year too, if you're buying new, which is always good!

Oh sorry, I ordered it beginning of August and picked it up last Friday although I did have a longer wait as they only started building the MY12 Zetec beginning of September.

The new 15" wheels are identical to the 17" ones off the Zetec S and are so nice and the rear view camera is a nice extra.

I saw your post and thought I would just let you know you could get more for your money as I would be gutted.

If you drop me a mail with your email address and phone number, I will get Warren to call/ mail you. I think a referral is like £20 for me, nothing special.

In the mean time it might be a good idea to drop a email to each of your local dealerships with what you can get and how much and see if they will match it. They will bite your hand off for the sale.

Thanks

Cheers

Appreciate it, sending you a PM now :D

what about a centura? it has the 1.25 engine and loads of goodies (inc some great LED DRLs) and with it being a special edition it might hold its value better.

it also has the reversing camera (i have it on my tdci titty and can vouch for how quickly it becomes indispensable)

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/271150/ford_fiesta_centura_special_edition.html

road tax free for 1st year too, if you're buying new, which is always good!

Hate Black cars - too high maintenance for me :angry:

Don't just don't.

Mines an '09 plate I've owned it a month and I CANNOT WAIT TO GET RID!!

Its shocking on fuel (56 mph on a motorway returns 38mpg!! WTF?!?!?!?!)

Its got a broken drive shaft (they think after 3 different things have been tried to fix a terrible wobble in the car on the motorway)

The interior trim looks nice but when your doorcards are unclipping and causing a rattling with the stereo on you realise that maybe theyre not really.

If I am honest. Go and buy something else. I cant wait for mine to be gone I'm trying to get the garage to take it back because they have now had their legally required 3 attempts.

Also Ford customer service are hopeless they're trying to avoid replacing a drive shaft on a car with manufacturers warranty remaining that I have only owned a month and made them aware of the fault the day after I picked it up. I worked for Arnold Clark and left because I refused to treat customers with the contempt you're expected to do to make a sale but tbh I think Arnold Clark are made to look good by this amateurish outfit that is Ford Retail Group (Polar Ford in this instance)

I'd avoid because, all in all, its crap on fuel and clearly not as reliable or as well made as people make out. I mean theres loads on here about leaks etc.

Go buy a Clio because, seriously, they're probably better and I wish I had.

Failing that if insurance isnt a huge driving factor for you buy a Corsa but be warned theyre just as bad on fuel.

I got rid of a Peugeot 107 for this car and I regret it. Maybe a 107, C1 or Aygo is an option? Id suggest it right now.

Everyone risks the chance of getting the 'lemon' when buying a new car. I have this at the moment with my New Focus (Company Car).

It's a risk I'll take hula89, looked at Clio but all reviews say heavy fuel economy on that also !!

Cheers

Appreciate it, sending you a PM now :D

Sorry to be a pain but did you receive the PM ?

Everyone risks the chance of getting the 'lemon' when buying a new car. I have this at the moment with my New Focus (Company Car).

It's a risk I'll take hula89, looked at Clio but all reviews say heavy fuel economy on that also !!

35 MPG on the motorway bad?

Its not just me either someone at work has one and he said his is just as bad on fuel he said if he'd known I was getting it he would have told me before I got it.

if there is one thing that disapoitns me with the petrol fiesta its the MPG.

Its ridiculous. I expected to spend more on fuel than my 107 but not nearly double!

• Like 1