Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Some Questions About The Mk7's Please

KaFez

Hi All,

Im new so hope people dont mind me asking a few questions (that probably obvious).

Im currently have a Fiesta MK6 Ghia (5dr) and loving it, but i like to change after 5+ years so wanted to know more about the MK7's, i was thinking of the 5dr Titanium has that has the same feature sets as the GHIA.

1. How is the Electric Power Steering.. it felt so much different to the Power steering in my car. I found it quite loose at low speed, it reminded me how mine feels in snow. So question is how does it handle in snow at low speed, eg let say reversing.

2. Voice Control... what bluetooth standards are supported?

3. Any PDF user manual.. only ones i found are US versions.

ta

Arite dude, sorry cnt answer you question about the blue tooth as my car doesn't have it unfortunately. And sorry I nt know about user manuals either. However iv had my fiesta for over a year now n the steering on it is pretty spot on. Initially when I got in the car for a test drive I was surprised at how light the steering was. Never the less I gotta say the steering is pretty good. Like u say light at low speed so good for manoeuvring and what not. Having getting my car when it was snowy weather last year I found it fine to drove in the snow. To answer your question, ues it handles well in the snow. Much better than my Mk6 polo anyways haha :D

Hope this helps somehow!

not sure there is a pdf aywhere, probably will be... in the snow it handles as well as any other FWD car, the light steering works a treat, and for voice control with bluetooth, you can use it for calls if you pre-set it to learn names, and you can just say the number if you know it...

I've just got my Zetec S and the steering is pretty good, although I believe it is slightly different to the other models in that it is heavier. It's not a patch on the hydraulic set up in the MINI's that I've had in the past, but then not much is. It is better than other cars in the same segment though.

The voice control has surprised me in the fact that it works well. I've set up a directory for all the numbers that I am likely to use a lot to make it even easier. I have no connectivity with my HTC at all. The only thing I don't get is the name of a song if I stream music to my car. I found a website where you can check the connectivity; I'll try and find it later and post the link up.

I've just got my Zetec S and the steering is pretty good, although I believe it is slightly different to the other models in that it is heavier. It's not a patch on the hydraulic set up in the MINI's that I've had in the past, but then not much is. It is better than other cars in the same segment though.

The voice control has surprised me in the fact that it works well. I've set up a directory for all the numbers that I am likely to use a lot to make it even easier. I have no connectivity with my HTC at all. The only thing I don't get is the name of a song if I stream music to my car. I found a website where you can check the connectivity; I'll try and find it later and post the link up.

www.ford-mobile-connectivity.com is the official ford site for checking compatibility with phones. it's very up to date (even includes the new Samsung Galaxy-S-II). and tells you which features work with which phone.

i have the bluetooth and it works fine with my nexus one. the voice control works a treat, one thing i found is it works better if you speak at normal pace than slowly (when dialling a number for example, literally read it at normal pace. going slowly number by number just confuses it. and say "zero" instead of "naught" as "naught" is translated to "hash"...

as for the snow - not sure, ive not had it long enough for it to snow ;)

the snow... lets just say on a closed car park it was a hoot sideways ;)

Fiesta in the snow...mine got stuck last year for a week! It's that annoying ESP what can't be turned off in my Titanium

Fiesta in the snow...mine got stuck last year for a week! It's that annoying ESP what can't be turned off in my Titanium

It's not the ESP as I drove all winter with it on last year and never once got stuck, it's your tyres ;)

Oh, and it can be turned off, buy the button from Ford for £35.

thanks for the infos :)

Yeah, Snow is our curse, although last year i made the mistake of picking someone up at the bottom of a hill, and then realised i had to get back up,lol ...oops.. lets just say for 20mins i wasn't going anywhere and then i found a technique that amazingly got me up in mins.. even a few residents came our and clamped saying they've never seen a fiesta do that before. (they all drive 4x4 on that estate).. that was my lovely current 55plate Ghia..

I hear nightmare stories of ESP in bad weather, so its good to know if theres an option to atleast turn it off even for a short while.

Also with MP3 on a usb stick, what voice control levels are they.. is it just select track 5 or can you select by artist. also if you have many different subfolders, how do you navigate around that or is the consesus is after a while the voice novity wares off and you just us the control panel instead.

Also anyone got the Reverse Camera, saw that on a show room car and it does look ace, and very much needed give the less visible rear windows.

Yeah, Snow is our curse, although last year i made the mistake of picking someone up at the bottom of a hill, and then realised i had to get back up,lol ...oops.. lets just say for 20mins i wasn't going anywhere and then i found a technique that amazingly got me up in mins.. even a few residents came our and clamped saying they've never seen a fiesta do that before. (they all drive 4x4 on that estate).. that was my lovely current 55plate Ghia..

I hear nightmare stories of ESP in bad weather, so its good to know if theres an option to atleast turn it off even for a short while.

Also with MP3 on a usb stick, what voice control levels are they.. is it just select track 5 or can you select by artist. also if you have many different subfolders, how do you navigate around that or is the consesus is after a while the voice novity wares off and you just us the control panel instead.

Also anyone got the Reverse Camera, saw that on a show room car and it does look ace, and very much needed give the less visible rear windows.

You can select folders via the menu on the screen, or simply shuffle all folders. Can't help you on the voice commands because I keep forgetting them (apart from the phone). It does work well though, and makes using the phone much easier when driving.

You can turn ESP off ;)

Here's a link for the manual Link

That's true, in a Zetec S. If like me, you have a Titanium you will need to buy and install the button as iNath said.

I've got the reverse camera on my Fiesta Centura, gotta say it is extremely useful! The fiesta isn't a big car by any means but I've found when using the camera and reverse parking sensors which come as part of it are brilliant, had no issues getting into spaces I wouldn't have tried before.

The bluetooth is also fantastic, I have my most frequently used numbers saved, although it can get confused on occasions which I would expect. If I try to dial my friend Charlie, it thinks im saying cancel, and cancels the command... :)

But for streaming audio, hooking up your phone for calls, or generally impressing friends with you Knightrider car it's brill!

I found mine to be pretty good in the snow, handled pretty well, my area has a few small hills which it managed pretty well, it didn't like the little curb ramp to my drive though which is like cobbled, found that a tad of a challenge in the snow/ice.

Brilliant little car all around!!

you can take the fuse out to stop the esp on the titanium cant you? I found the fiesta to be a pain in the snow but where i live every car was a pain in the snow.

The Fiesta has EPAS (electronic power assisted steering) which is light at slow speeds to help make manoeuvres easier. Then it get's heavier at speed to give precise steering when you want it to turn, and help prevent weaving when you don't. The weight of the steering gradually increases the faster you go, and vice versa. It's pretty good I'd say.

my titty has the reversing camera, its surprising how quickly it becomes indispensable. it also means you can get really close to the objects behind when reversing without hitting them - makes what would have been a 5 point turn into a 3 point turn. only gripe is that you can't switch it on permanently to see how close the audi is following you

you can take the fuse out to stop the esp on the titanium cant you? I found the fiesta to be a pain in the snow but where i live every car was a pain in the snow.

No, there's a major malfunction when you remove the fuse, and it says to take it for service, then clears pretty quick when you put it back in!

I have to ask......what was the technique?lol

I have to ask......what was the technique?lol

Someone sat on the bonnet? :D

Haha, genius. I hope you checked for buttons and zips that may scratch the car :P

I was just guessing btw, I'm intrigued to know myself!

haha i dont think asking my girl passenger to sit on the bonnet would have gone down well with her.

it was more pot luck than anything else.. but i stucking it straight into 2nd and then did kepted tapping the accelerator as i wiggled the steering from left to right.. ie one tap to the left and another tap when steering to the right. and every so often a long tap so as not to stall.

Pretty sure this Morse code technique was spelling out S.O.S... :)