Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Car (Zetec S Tdci)

Sam C

My 2012 model Zetec S TDCi finally arrived (well, three weeks early which I was quite happy about). I ordered the car with leather, bluetooth, interior pack one and keyless start. Today I washed it, clayed it, applied two coats of Dodo Juice Purple Haze, gave the wheels two coats of Poorboys wheel sealer, dressed the tyres, hoovered it and cleaned the interior. Here are a load of pics that I took of it....

Contents of my deliver from I4Detailing....

IMAG0085.jpg

IMAG0086.jpg

The car..

DSC03472.jpg

DSC03474.jpg

DSC03475.jpg

DSC03476.jpg

DSC03480.jpg

DSC03481.jpg

DSC03483.jpg

DSC03484.jpg

So far, I am really happy with the car. It drives nicely and seems to be loosening up nicely and will get a few more miles added this week with another trip to Chester as well as Preston and possibly York. The ride is much better than expected - a lot of people on this site mention how hard the ride is on the Zetec S, but I think its fine and the seats are good, offering more support than those in the Edge that I had previously.

I have been really impressed with the technology on the car; the bluetooth works will with my HTC Desire for both calls and streaming music to the stereo. What I have found really good so far is voice control (for the commands that I can remember) and I find myself using it more than I thought I would. The DAB radio is great as well, especially being able to see what song is playing by pressing the info button.

I have already added some red LED Bulbs to the footwells, but it was too light for them to show up in my attempt to take some pictures.

Some more pics...

DSC03485.jpg

DSC03486.jpg

DSC03488.jpg

DSC03489.jpg

DSC03491.jpg

And typically, following cleaning my car its raining!

Some more pics...

DSC03486.jpg

And typically, following cleaning my car its raining!

I love the above picture mate,

looks like its doing 500Mph its great,

and the cars well spec'ed out inside and out,

have you been on to DMB Graphics for some Gel Overlays Click Here finish it off nicely.

your hands and back must be killing you after all the waxing,

well worth it though it looks beautiful a perfect example mate,

quality thread B)

Cheers Lenny, I'm pretty pleased with it. Judging by the weather, I'll be posting up some beading pictures tomorrow!

I'm am knackered (and I skipped the polishing and sealing stages), especially after doing a tough 14 mile walk in Wales yesterday with work.

I've got a few little plans for it over the coming months including Philips Blue Vision bulbs, clear indicator bulbs, led number plate bulbs, colour coded washer jets, sub marine lighting, arm rest and brodit holder for my phone. I've thought about the DMB overlays but am not 100% sure. We'll see.

Cheers Lenny, I'm pretty pleased with it. Judging by the weather, I'll be posting up some beading pictures tomorrow!

I'm am knackered (and I skipped the polishing and sealing stages), especially after doing a tough 14 mile walk in Wales yesterday with work.

I've got a few little plans for it over the coming months including Philips Blue Vision bulbs, clear indicator bulbs, led number plate bulbs, colour coded washer jets, sub marine lighting, arm rest and brodit holder for my phone. I've thought about the DMB overlays but am not 100% sure. We'll see.

Wow busy weekend,

just to add when purchasing led's for your car ensur that they are Can-Bus error Free bulbs as regular leds wont work, they need to be Can-Bus leds to work with the car's electrical system.

Looks fantastic mate :) I love the colour! Great choice :)

Cheers chaps, white is definitely one of the best (if not the best) colours for the Zetec S. The leather lifts the interior nicely and the new darker dash is really nice.

So far, very happy. Have put 600 miles on it in a week! The fuel economy is going up and up all the time which is good.

Hi,

Ive been looking for a suitable place to ask these questions and since a few of you on this thread have the 1.6 TDCi, here goes:

First round a bout I came to with this car I nipped out in front of a lorrie in first, short shifted to 2nd and the unexpected hesitation

must have scared the lorrie driver as much as me, I thought it had cut out and was almost T Boned by the lorrie.

I've never driven anything that hesitates like that, petrol or diesel.

Is this normal with the Fiesta 1.6 TDCi ?

I was thinking is getting a chip box thingy to iron out this flat spot, but thats drastic to have to spend £400 to sort out the power

delivery on a brand new car.

Another thing I notice is that I don't have the metal pedals, its a Zetec S 2012 spec car but should it not still have came with them ?

Fist Post, sory if Ive blabed on a bit!!!

Thought I'd better post a pic, if it works.

I see my attemp to put my picture in my profile has failed.

NoNo.jpg

Hi,

Ive been looking for a suitable place to ask these questions and since a few of you on this thread have the 1.6 TDCi, here goes:

First round a bout I came to with this car I nipped out in front of a lorrie in first, short shifted to 2nd and the unexpected hesitation

must have scared the lorrie driver as much as me, I thought it had cut out and was almost T Boned by the lorrie.

I've never driven anything that hesitates like that, petrol or diesel.

Is this normal with the Fiesta 1.6 TDCi ?

I was thinking is getting a chip box thingy to iron out this flat spot, but thats drastic to have to spend £400 to sort out the power

delivery on a brand new car.

Another thing I notice is that I don't have the metal pedals, its a Zetec S 2012 spec car but should it not still have came with them ?

Fist Post, sory if Ive blabed on a bit!!!

First of all welcome to FOC.

Secondly that power loss is to do with the fact that in the 1.6 TDCi the Turbo does not kick in until around 1500 revs, below that it feels like there is no power and you really have give it some welly if you're going to jump out at a roundabout like that..

Don't worry they're all like that..

Thirdly I would have though the Alloy Pedals would be in there as they have always been..they must have missed them off..take it back to the dealer and get them to sort it..

Cheers for the quick response.

Good to know I haven't bought a duffer.

I did wonder if maybe the pedals were sprited away during PDI.

I'll hassel the dealer about it.

I have learnt how to drive around the lag but my wife hate's it.

No problem.

I suppose that now gives you an excuse to drive it everywhere

Yup, works in my favour, until she gets used to it at any rate!

I've noticed the hesitation in power. The step is much more noticeable in the 1.6 than the 1.4. I struggled with it at first, but I've got used it now. It's much more noticeable than in other diesels I've driven.

I'm not sure about the pedals tbh, I have the interior pack 1 which includes the pedals under the list of extra bits. I did think they were standard on the Zetec S though.

Hope you enjoy your new car.

how strange! take it back, they were made a standard fit about 2 years ago?

enjoy your car, had one exactly the same and miss the relaxed nature of driving a diesel! (and doing 80mph without thinking about mpg :D )

Just dont short shift when nipping out in front of lorries! it is just a diesel thing, the lag and throttle response require a bit of getting used to if you've just come from petrol. I still get caught out going into my dads freelander - its even worse with an auto box stuck on it! the amount of gestures i get when i misjudge gaps :(

Im currently looking to buy a 1.6 tdci zs, currently drive a mk6.5 1.2 zetec, does this mean i wont feel much of a power difference going from it to a mk7 zs?

Im currently looking to buy a 1.6 tdci zs, currently drive a mk6.5 1.2 zetec, does this mean i wont feel much of a power difference going from it to a mk7 zs?

Oh you will, especially the torque!

I'm guessing 0-60 won't be too different, bit the torque will make it feel much faster. The 1.6 feels faster than the performance figures suggest. I've come from a 325 and don't find it that had, although I do miss the noise of my old straight six. A lot!

I've been impressed with my cars cruising ability on the motorway, it feels like a much bigger car than it is.

I drive a lot of country roads so will I feel it more then? On those roads atm I need to sometime slow down behind people going 40 then speed up etc and my 1.2 just struggles constantly, so annoyin!

I drive a lot of country roads so will I feel it more then? On those roads atm I need to sometime slow down behind people going 40 then speed up etc and my 1.2 just struggles constantly, so annoyin!

It will feel loads better in those situations because of the additional torque.

Sorry Sam C, I should have started a new thread about the TDCi hesitation thing cos it looks like I've stole

your "new car" thread and its strayed of topic, Sorry.

I'll have to phone the dealer about the peddels not being metal one's.

I can't go around with the only ZS with rubber one's!!!

About diesels having lag, I've driven loads of deisels espiecaly work vans (direct injection and common rail)

and I've never experianced lag, you just feed them gears and they pull!!!

The car has a nice spread of torque other wise, its addictive, I keep putting the foot down in high gears just to

feel it pull.

No worries Spooler. I've driven a few diesel cars in my time and they've never had such a step in performance. As I said before, the 1.4 doesn't have it, it just seems to be the 1.6.

I've found that shifting when the car tells you, drops you right out of the power band, which can be a pain. I think its just a characteristic of this engine. Let me know how you get on with Ford if you take it back.

It probably wouldn't be as quick as an equivalent sized petrol engine on very twisty country lanes, however, it'll be quicker than your 1.2 and when your going along the straighter parts you'll have plenty of torque (more than the equivalent petrol) to overtake those annoying slow drivers!

Say in the situation you mentioned above, with the 1.6 diesel you'd have no problem going from 40-60 in a very short time and then be able to maintain that speed with ease and comfort. (you'd still have plenty of torque on tap to keep pulling from above 60 too)

The Fiesta, and particularly the Zetec S is a joy to drive on twisty lanes, but there's always a few slow people to ruin your fun :(

EDIT: Love the car Sam, looks great, picked some of the best options too.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club