Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Car (Zetec S Tdci)

Sam C

It probably wouldn't be as quick as an equivalent sized petrol engine on very twisty country lanes, however, it'll be quicker than your 1.2 and when your going along the straighter parts you'll have plenty of torque (more than the equivalent petrol) to overtake those annoying slow drivers!

Say in the situation you mentioned above, with the 1.6 diesel you'd have no problem going from 40-60 in a very short time and then be able to maintain that speed with ease and comfort. (you'd still have plenty of torque on tap to keep pulling from above 60 too)

The Fiesta, and particularly the Zetec S is a joy to drive on twisty lanes, but there's always a few slow people to ruin your fun :(

EDIT: Love the car Sam, looks great, picked some of the best options too.

Awesome, thats exactly what im wanting, cuz atm if I get caught behind someone in my 1.2 I lose all my power and need to build up the momentum all over again! I basically have to drive with my foot on or very near the floor constantly, and thats not me speeding! haha.

cheers guys :)

Jealous of yous all, im hoping to change mine as soon as just need to find a dealer who will negotiate a bit with me!

But your pictures show metal pedals? I thought those were the ones which came with the Zetec S, mine is a normal zetec and look nothing like the ones you have.

I have a 1.6 TDCI and it took me a while to get used to the lag, glad to know its not just me though :) Once you get used to it though its such a fun car to drive :D

Awesome, thats exactly what im wanting, cuz atm if I get caught behind someone in my 1.2 I lose all my power and need to build up the momentum all over again! I basically have to drive with my foot on or very near the floor constantly, and thats not me speeding! haha.

cheers guys :)

Jealous of yous all, im hoping to change mine as soon as just need to find a dealer who will negotiate a bit with me!

I started out my driving life in a 1.25l fiesta, so I know the feeling! Diesels do cope better in those situations, due to the much higher torque figures.

I started out my driving life in a 1.25l fiesta, so I know the feeling! Diesels do cope better in those situations, due to the much higher torque figures.

I'm looking forward to having a bit of extra oomph when im driving :D

Im just between getting a grey or a white one :)

Don't forget less trips to Mr Shell garage!

I'm getting just over 500 miles out of a tank across a range of driving. Which I don't think is too bad because diesels take a bit longer to loosen up.

• Like 1

Don't forget less trips to Mr Shell garage!

I'm getting just over 500 miles out of a tank across a range of driving. Which I don't think is too bad because diesels take a bit longer to loosen up.

I'll fully look forward to that too :D Just need to find one in my price range now!

But your pictures show metal pedals? I thought those were the ones which came with the Zetec S, mine is a normal zetec and look nothing like the ones you have.

I have a 1.6 TDCI and it took me a while to get used to the lag, glad to know its not just me though :) Once you get used to it though its such a fun car to drive :D

Nicola,

The pictures your seeing with the metal pedals are Sam C's pictures of his Zetec S, it's my one thats got rubber ones but should have pedals the same as Sam C's.

Sorry for the confussion. I haven't posted any pics of my rubber ones, far too embarassed !!!