Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2.5 Focus 2010 leaking

Druberry

totally agree the issue is that dealers play dumb when you do mention these issues like youre the only person to have brought it up.

fords paint warranty is a jolk for a suppose galvanised body come on ford hyundai 5 year unlimited mileage warranty kia 7 year warranty pugeot 4 years cheverolet 5 years etc etc etc giving hyundai are now using as of later this year bmw engines ford are way behind galvanised body my backside,like the dash cluster issue on the mk1 its time to make it known so im away to do it now

done ive done a atchdog report time for others to join in

The same problem has just started on my 2009 Focus, front and rear foot-wells on the drivers side are both very wet, I phoned the local ford dealership who told me water ingress is only covered in the 1st year of warranty. They said they would take a look and do an initial water test for around £50 then if they found anything they would try to get Ford to cover the cost., but I'm extremely dubious this would happen, I'm very disappointed with the situation it could end up costing me a fortune.Could anyone tell me how the water gets from the front to the back foot-well, (my car is always parked facing uphill on a steep drive)

Sorry to here your having the same problem as I had mick, Mine still stayed dry since the repair I might add. mine was leaking between the dash bulkhead and the side bulkhead, the garage did say after they found the leak realised it could have been repaired from the wheel arch, the plastic wheel arch has to be removed, then the leak was because of the missing sealant near the top of the seam,as my dash was removed they were able to repair both sides. After I got the car back I put my arm right up to the top right hand side of drivers footwell behind the dash and I was able to feel the new sticky sealant that the garage repair my car with. I really hope this helps as I was so frustated when mine leaked however I do check from time to time just in case. also I parked facing up hill to. goodluck Andy

Thanks for that Andy, I'll look at removing the wheel arch to see if I can find the problem, did your problem occur with the car parked uphill, because I have no real option other than parking uphill on a steep drive?

Yes Mick it was when I parked uphill that I noticed the leak. when ford check it out for leaks they use a dye. good luck.

someone had a leak from the door mirror housing that let water into the footwells. have a searhc on here for it.

Andy, I would get the hosepipe out and drench the car to see if there are any more leaks.

done ive done a atchdog report time for others to join in

How do i join in?

go to google type watchdog and youll get the site on the top bar it has my reports click and add

• 2 weeks later...

Artscot

I cant find your report on the watchdog site? can you post a link?

• 3 months later...

My car was repaired back in 2010 by main dealer.... every couple of months I check by the VIN view cut out in the carpet by drivers side.

after this heavy rain recently I decided to check, and yup its leaking again. Car now completely out of warranty as its a 2008 model.

Attached are the photos of the wet underlay and the 'repair' the dealership did in 2010 (eek) No evidence of leaking from here though.

Not best pleased today!

Any ideas?

post-12316-0-72796300-1348517522_thumb.j

post-12316-0-77493800-1348517651_thumb.j

Hello.

I have the same problem with my car (Focus 12.2008 manufactured). Mine is a left hand drive, so I have water leaking on right side passenger side, only when parked uphill. So far i sealed with silicone the air intake from the vent motor, and a little rubber hose entrance under the right side of the windscreen but with no luck. I noticed that the water is coming from a small plastic bolt and a steel reinforcement bar underneath the glove box. Didn't have time to investigate more but I am determined to sort this out before it gets really rainy.

there is 3 places each side it can come from if you look through the gap between the door and the wing with the door closed theres 3 rubber grommets along near the doors hinges 1 near the top hinge 1 centre and 1 slightly lower down these can and do leak however getting to them is not easy as theres just not enough of a gap the rain naturally runs between this point and saturates the rubber grommet allowing water in

as for the rain in the glove box remove the scuttle panel and in th ecorners below the windscreen check the seam sealer if in doubt get marine grade silicone from eBay and go over the seams

• 4 months later...

I've joined the water ingress club, but has been fixed on third attempt! My garage had no previous experience of this bulkhead seal problem. Ford's don't want to know, did anybody get a response from Watchdog?

• 1 year later...

Hello.

I have the same problem with my car (Focus 12.2008 manufactured). Mine is a left hand drive, so I have water leaking on right side passenger side, only when parked uphill. So far i sealed with silicone the air intake from the vent motor, and a little rubber hose entrance under the right side of the windscreen but with no luck. I noticed that the water is coming from a small plastic bolt and a steel reinforcement bar underneath the glove box. Didn't have time to investigate more but I am determined to sort this out before it gets really rainy.

Hello dear friends,

I am glad to say that my issue with water leaking, was solved. During other checks om my car, I noticed that there was a big crack in the sealant in the RH side below the windscreen. I used normal universal silicone sealant, plenty of it, and it looks like there is no water leaking on the passenger side (LHD car).

This cracked factory seal looks to be located at the top of the right wing. For those in the UK, (RHD) you would have the windshield wipers mechanism there, so it is little access, but worth to check using a flash light. I missed this defect because the sealant was dirty and in a bad angle. Hope this helps.

• 2 years later...

Leaking now on the left side (driver side - LHD). Same cracked factory sealant. Also put a lot o silicone sealant on the cracked area, but had to remove the windscreen wiper mechanism first to get access. After a couple of heavy rains, seems to have done the job. Just have to get the smell out.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club