Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Spare Wheel

par79

Hello,

I'm getting a mk7 Fiesta next week, i know it doesn't come with a spare tyre but would really prefer to have one instead of the foam spray stuff you get as standard these days.

My question is can you fit a full size tyre in the boot well on the new fiesta's or just a space saver ?

Thanks

A space saver fits in perfectly, but an alloy like i bought sits above the tyre well a little, im not that bothered, the clamp you need to secure the wheel needs to be extended, i had some spare 6mm threaded rod and all i did was use a nut and joined them, works a treat!you need too buy off eBay the jack kit, i got a new kit for £20 in the foam insert (this was from an older fiesta, with the new shape fiesta ford will charge a fortune for a new kit.). you can buy the whole spare wheel kit if you wish, but i prefer a full size alloy, for alike for like swap, make sure that the clamp comes with it. Hope this helps!

Mick

A space saver fits in perfectly, but an alloy like i bought sits above the tyre well a little, im not that bothered, the clamp you need to secure the wheel needs to be extended, i had some spare 6mm threaded rod and all i did was use a nut and joined them, works a treat!you need too buy off ebay the jack kit, i got a new kit for £20 in the foam insert (this was from an older fiesta, with the new shape fiesta ford will charge a fortune for a new kit.). you can buy the whole spare wheel kit if you wish, but i prefer a full size alloy, for alike for like swap, make sure that the clamp comes with it. Hope this helps!

Mick

So if i got a normal size tyre it wouldnt sit flush with the boot floor ?

I've just had a look on eBay for the kit you mention, not much success. Did find one going for over £50 than was used.

So if i got a normal size tyre it wouldnt sit flush with the boot floor ?

I've just had a look on ebay for the kit you mention, not much success. Did find one going for over £50 than was used.

Been looking around the net and it seems that the spare tyre that Ford supply as an option is size 175/65/14. If that is the case would it be as simple as just getting a tyre of that size and a jack/wrench and problem solved ?

I got a set of Zetec alloys to replace my 15" Steelies,so put 1 of

them in the boot for a spare and it fits sweet,just looking to make a locking nut now

I only got an alloy because i dont trust the space savers, if you have steel wheels all round, the same size steel wheel will fit, the tyre well is not designed for alloy wheels.(alloy size for mine is 195 x 50 x 15 hence the sitting above the rim of tyre well)if you cant get the jack kit from eBay, try your local scrappys and that goes for the steel wheel as well.

Mick

I only got an alloy because i dont trust the space savers, if you have steel wheels all round, the same size steel wheel will fit, the tyre well is not designed for alloy wheels.(alloy size for mine is 195 x 50 x 15 hence the sitting above the rim of tyre well)if you cant get the jack kit from ebay, try your local scrappys and that goes for the steel wheel as well.

Mick

The car has alloys the same size as yours yozzerhughes. So a steel wheel of the same size as the alloys would fit into the boot well then ?.

Do the fiesta's need a specific jack kit or will a jack from any ford work ?

if your alloys are the same size as mine, and you got a steel 195 x 50 x 15 it would sit above the tyre well, but dont quote me on this, you could get a 15" steel wheel, you could buy a tyre with a tread area of 175 x 50 x 15 that would suffice as a spare wheel and would sit flush with the tyre well, If you go too a local scrappy, you can get a steel wheel and jack kit from an older fiesta, remember if you get a steel wheel the wheel nuts are different from alloy wheel nuts, the local scappys are usually pretty helful, just ask. They have probably got the old wheel clamps you can extend as i mentioned.

Mick

if your alloys are the same size as mine, and you got a steel 195 x 50 x 15 it would sit above the tyre well, but dont quote me on this, you could get a 15" steel wheel, you could buy a tyre with a tread area of 175 x 50 x 15 that would suffice as a spare wheel and would sit flush with the tyre well, If you go too a local scrappy, you can get a steel wheel and jack kit from an older fiesta, remember if you get a steel wheel the wheel nuts are different from alloy wheel nuts, the local scappys are usually pretty helful, just ask. They have probably got the old wheel clamps you can extend as i mentioned.

Mick

Thanks for the advice, really appreciate it.

Think I'm just going to take the jack kit out of my focus I'm part exchanging and then look for either a steel wheel (175/65/14) like you mentioned or a space saver (125/80/15) and also the clamp.

Haven't got a clue of any scrap yards near me but I'll have a look online and see if i can find somewhere.