Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Axle Bolt Problem

Alirob

Hi folks, Don't know if anyone else has had or heard of this problem but I believe that the incorrect specification bolts have been used in the rear axle of Fiesta & Fusion Cars built at Cologne between 13/9/11 & 23/9/11. I was due to get my car tomorrow but have now been told that I can't. Don't know how long it will be before I get it but feeling very fed up!!!! to say the least!!

I have exactly the same problem. The car has been sat in the garage for over a week. Apparently the factory sent new bolts to England so that all cars could be refitted however somewhere along the way the bolts have been lost. They are currently in the process of sending new bolts out. Very frustrating as for about 5 days they weren't actually sure what the problem was!! Hopefully will have car next week...

I have exactly the same problem. The car has been sat in the garage for over a week. Apparently the factory sent new bolts to England so that all cars could be refitted however somewhere along the way the bolts have been lost. They are currently in the process of sending new bolts out. Very frustrating as for about 5 days they weren't actually sure what the problem was!! Hopefully will have car next week...

Hiya, you got more information than I did I was just told that there was a rear axle bolt problem and they were launching the FSA on Monday 17th. Not been told when I am getting the car yet either. More frustrating is that they have taxed the car and I have the registration document and it is insured!! and I still have no car. Hopefully will get it soon though... What colour did you go for?

Hiya, have you had any news on when the bolts are going to be done on your car yet. I am not getting much info back from the garage. I believe my car is still in the compound it hasn't even got to the garage. I went into one garage over the weekend and they told me that there is a chance that it might have to go back to the factory!!!

Does anybody else know of this problem and what is happening??

• 3 weeks later...

I got my car 21st October after a lot of chasing. All 6 bolts were replaced and salesman ended up driving to Sunderland to get them from another dealership as the ones ordered still hadn't been received into garage. Don't know what the problem was - apparently the bolts they took out looked exactly the same as the ones they put in and they were not told what the problem was. I told the garage that I wanted an address to write to with regards to the slow response of the factory in Spain (this is where they were coming from) and also said that I would be including comments regarding my dissatisfaction in the ford customer satisfaction survey. I had no problems with the garage staff - they were great but do think this spurred them on. The regional manager was involved in the end I think! Hope you have your car by now. I went for the blue 5 dr.

Had the same problem, had to wait an extra 10 days for the car. I was told it was a problem on cars built in August & September.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club