Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Upgrade M2.5 Headlights

top banana

Hi all,

I am looking at upgrading my 58 reg facelift Focus headlights / bulbs.

Has anyone done this ?

Has anyone successfully converted to HID lights?

The headlights in mine are standard Halogen lights

Cheers TB

As HID's aren't legal unless you can find a whole lens kit that has automatic self levelling to meet the MOT standards, you may be better off buying some upgraded bulbs.

Hi, i've got a 2.5 58 plate too, and was thinking along the same lines, ended up using the white lights,and their a lot betteri just find

the beam settings a bugger to correct, not sure if its a ford thing, but its the only gripe i'v got about the car, poor lighting.

Incidently, just found out about the floor lighting, and now fitted LED's on the inner door handles.......looks cool

Hi, i've got a 2.5 58 plate too, and was thinking along the same lines, ended up using the white lights,and their a lot betteri just find

the beam settings a bugger to correct, not sure if its a ford thing, but its the only gripe i'v got about the car, poor lighting.

Incidently, just found out about the floor lighting, and now fitted LED's on the inner door handles.......looks cool

welcome to the forum,

you may also like the guide on installing an additional boot light see link in the list below this post B)

cheers lenny, waslooking at doing something with the boot lighting, trying to get the headlights sorted first,

cheers lenny, waslooking at doing something with the boot lighting, trying to get the headlights sorted first,

the best bulbs on the market are osram nightbreakers if you want useable light these cheap xenon look bulbs if you want my hoinest opinion and ive tried a few are absoloute junk if you want better light thats useable get the osram if you want summat that just has a blue look then the cheap ones will do

never seen this before, sounds boss tho, can we get a picture uploaded mate?

• Like 1

Thanks all for your help. Got nightbreakers for my car....now to fix the sidelight bulb holder!!

Thanks again for all your help.

Has anyone here installed Projector type headlights on their focus and if so is it worth the upgrade?

Cheers

trying to upload the pics

first one is with no flash at night

second is with flash

the pics dont do it justice........ it looks the mutt's nuts !!!

got them fittrd on all 4 doors, and they all dim with the dash dimmer

Incidently..... the dimmer came off a focus cc.......£10 off e-bay......steal of the century

exact fit !!

post-27037-0-21256300-1319568505_thumb.j

post-27037-0-90432100-1319568545_thumb.j

trying to upload the pics

first one is with no flash at night

second is with flash

the pics dont do it justice........ it looks the mutt's nuts !!!

got them fittrd on all 4 doors, and they all dim with the dash dimmer

Incidently..... the dimmer came off a focus cc.......£10 off e-bay......steal of the century

exact fit !!

I am too looking at getting a replacement dimmer/light switch. My focus does not have auto lights and the switches with dimmers have auto lights. Does your switch have auto lights and your focus not? did it cause any problems?

Cheers

Yeh mate, it has auto lights on the switch, but it doesn't work because i dont have the sensor, ( dont know where it is ) but just unplug the old unit and the other plugs straight in , no probs