Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone Had Dpf Trouble ??

tomo2001

Got a 2003 1.4 TDCi Fiesta. Would love to replace it with another diesel, but only do 6,000 miles per year. Anyone running a New Fiesta TDCi and only doing low mileage ? If so how has the DPF been ? Heard they don't like stop/start driving and short runs.

I just really like how diesels are to drive(lower down the rev range)compared with petrols.

To be honest you're asking for trouble with a DPF and your driving style/lack of mileage.

Either get a petrol or 2008/2009 model that comes without the DPF.

• Like 1

To be honest you're asking for trouble with a DPF and your driving style/lack of mileage.

Either get a petrol or 2008/2009 model that comes without the DPF.

My thoughts are the same iNath. Wonder how many people buy nearly new cars from car supermarkets and aren't advised about potential DPF issues ?

ford 1.6 and 1.8 diesel engines have ALOT of DPF problems.

you should be able to get the DPF taken off with the right re-mapping tools nowadays though :)

ford 1.6 and 1.8 diesel engines have ALOT of DPF problems.

you should be able to get the DPF taken off with the right re-mapping tools nowadays though :)

Any idea what that costs ?

With the amount of miles you do, it would be much cheaper to buy a petrol engine. Save yourself the hassle of DPF and the higher cost of buying that engine.

Hi Guys, Anyone removing there DPF will run into trouble at MOT time. As of Jan 2012 all cars made after Mid 2008 (58) must have their emission control systems (DPF'S & FAP'S) Present to pass the MOT.

But as I always say, the replacement of the DPF which is required at 100k miles will become "another cost associated with motoring"

Just as the replacement of the timing belt did when pushrod engines were phased out - everyone back then was up in arms about having to pay as much as £300 if not more for a timing belt replacement at (back then) 60k miles.

Now, everyone is up in arms about the £500 replacement for the DPF at 100k.

Provided you can prove you haven't driven it irresponsibly, if it fails before that, it should be covered under warranty, similar to if the timing belt fails before 100k and bends all your valves.

I just see all this hoo-hah about DPFs as another hoo-hah about timing belts that happened in the 1980s. however, there wasn't the internet to propagate the stories back then ;)

Just my thoughts - call me controversial but dont throw any bricks :lol:

Hi Guys, Anyone removing there DPF will run into trouble at MOT time. As of Jan 2012 all cars made after Mid 2008 (58) must have their emission control systems (DPF'S & FAP'S) Present to pass the MOT.

I've heard also Decats will fail on diesels from 2012 too. Really unfortunate because the DPF + Cat restrict the engine and cause unnecessary turbo lag. Take them out and remap and you'll probably see higher MPG (and performance), so it's not like your hurting the environment in the long run.

so it's not like your hurting the environment in the long run.

Those items are there to reduce emmissions so that statement really doesn't ring true.

But as I always say, the replacement of the DPF which is required at 100k miles will become "another cost associated with motoring"

Where does it say about this? Can't see anything on the service schedule at 100k.

Where does it say about this? Can't see anything on the service schedule at 100k.

actually it isn't, officially. ;)

let's just say i reckon it might surface soon that it needs to be on the schedule.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club