Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ashby Ford

Dagenham man

I've recently got a new Fiesta from Ashby Ford - but suddenly their website has disappeared, they don't answer the phone and they're not listed on the Ford website. Anyone know what's happened?

Maybe they're having technical issues with their website servers, something may also be affecting their phones or they might just be busy. Do you know how long the website has been down?

If your issue is urgent I'd suggest calling in if it isn't too inconvenient, or keep trying the phone.

I can answer my own question now: another Ford dealer have told me that Ashbyford went into administration a few days ago. A great shame - they did the Mountune upgrade on my previous Fiesta - an S1600 - and I've just bought a Metal from them.

I can answer my own question now: another Ford dealer have told me that Ashbyford went into administration a few days ago. A great shame - they did the Mountune upgrade on my previous Fiesta - an S1600 - and I've just bought a Metal from them.

You gave them your best support mate,

It’s terrible to see good business go this way.:(

They still have cars listed on the Autotrader site.

So they do - which means my S1600 is on there to bring a lump to my throat!

So they do - which means my S1600 is on there to bring a lump to my throat!

I presume that you have sold them the s1600 in part exchange for the Fiesta Metal, the way most businesses go in to administration is that they have to sell off their assets and close out all remaining orders, to help repay as much of the dept as possible before the final close up,

They would have known this day was coming for months before it actually happens, it would have gone to court and the judge would have to sanction the receivership of the company prior to action being taken on the premises.

The next move will be to close up shop and either sell the remaining stock at auction or from their house; I hope the seller was a Ltd. Company as this protects the owners home from being taken from them too.

You know if a person goes in to bankruptcy then legally they can't even order a burger in the chippers :lol:

i know this as my brother had his own business and went bankrupt last year He owes the bank 2.5million.

now if he wins money in the lotto for example,

if he wins 1million he doesn't get any of it,

the bank have ownership of all windfall cash until 100% of his dept is cleared.

and he cant get a loan for ten years :blink:

Did the price you paid for your metal reflect that they were in trouble ?

Did the price you paid for your metal reflect that they were in trouble ?

Don't think so - everything seemed normal.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club