Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Timing Belt Change

Danzzza

Just wondering if anyone could tell me when the timing belt should be changed on my car. It's a 2006 1.25 style, and I can't seem to find a definate answer anywhere. My local ford dealer has always been closed anytime I've got a spare 5 mins. Any advice appreciated, cheers

Extended Period Maintenance

Brake system

Every 2 years - Renew - brake fluid (LTS 12 154 4)

Air conditioning

Every 3 years - Check temperature at the evaporator outlet tube. Check air conditioning lines for damage and leaks (LTS 34 619 1) (TSB 67/2002)

Cooling system

Every 10 years - Drain, flush and refill with purple Super Plus(LTS 24 122 4)

Auxiliary drive belts

Every 125 000 miles/10 years - Renew (LTS 21 567 5)

Visual body & paint check

Every 12 or 24 months depending on vehicle type and build year/registration date. Carry out during operations marked (+) above - see detailed Check Sheet - if applicable (LTS 54 555 1 +)

You can create your own service schedule to see what is required and when here

I could be wrong, but I didn't think a timing belt was classed as an auxiliary drive belt. I thought auxiliary belts = alternator belt and power steering belt. Willing to be challenged on this view!

I asked a Ford dealer specifically about the timing belt and was told it was 100K or ten years - mine is a 2004 Mk6 1.25 Duratech. It pays to err on the side of caution with a timing belt anyway - and I normally do the water pump at the same time (if it's driven by the timing belt).

• Like 1

It's up to you, but think of it this way:

- in age terms, you are around 50% 'used' (ie vehicle is 5 years old)

- in mileage terms, you are 65% used with another 35% to go.

Personally, I'll be waiting until I've passed 9 years or 90K (whichever is the sooner). I don't think any of the Fiesta engines are prone to premature cambelt failure - I've certainly not seen posts on here complaining about it.

Suppose when you put it like that. Hoping to change cars within the next few months anyway, my cars worth literally next to nothing as it stands, just didn't want the belt to fail and then be left with a worthless Shell

• 1 year later...

I have a Fiesta 54reg 1.4L petrol, Its done 79,000 Miles and ive only recently purchased this. Would you recommend the cambelt gets changed immedietley or does it have a few miles left on it?

It would be due next year anyway, do it sooner rather than later.

Mine is an 05 plate with 108,000 on the clock. I took it to get the belt changed around 90,000 and they cant get the camshaft bolt undone so i wouldn't leave it as close as i did. Now im just waiting on the belt snapping and my engine being knackered.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club