Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Washer Pump Seal?

somhairle

My daughter has a 58 Fiesta 1.4 Zetec and had it in for service today. The Ford dealer advised that she needed a number of things including a washer for her washer pump. Thye said there was a risk that water could get onto the plugs! This stumped me and the only thing that I could think of was the washer jet nozzle seal?

Does anyone know what this problem could be? She has told them not to do the work. They wanted £30 for what seemed an unnecessary and costly job.

They are also taking £54 for a set of plugs! Does that seem reasonable? Sounded a bit high to me but then the last time that I changed a set of plugs, they cost about £10 a set of 4!

My daughter has a 58 Fiesta 1.4 Zetec and had it in for service today. The Ford dealer advised that she needed a number of things including a washer for her washer pump. Thye said there was a risk that water could get onto the plugs! This stumped me and the only thing that I could think of was the washer jet nozzle seal?

Does anyone know what this problem could be? She has told them not to do the work. They wanted £30 for what seemed an unnecessary and costly job.

They are also taking £54 for a set of plugs! Does that seem reasonable? Sounded a bit high to me but then the last time that I changed a set of plugs, they cost about £10 a set of 4!

lift the bonnet and get your daughter to run the washer jets while you look for any signs of a leak, also check the seals around the jets that bond to the bonnet,

no way would i pay the garage £30

when you can upgrade to the mist type jets for less than £10 Click Here takes less than five minutes.

you can buy a set of 4 spark plugs for less than £20 too mate, Click Here

he's charging way over the top,

probably see's your daughter as daddy's little girl and thinks you wll pay any cost to keep her happy,

so he's hoping you will splash out the cash for these items in the hopes you will pay without any question.

but really, now you know these jobs need doing,

you can very easily do the jobs yourself mate.

very simple B)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club