virgovee

What Cd Player!!?

Hi Everyone,

I have just bought my first car! a w reg fiesta, it has a cassette player in it but i wanted to update it with a CD player, i am a little confussed...i want to put an orginal Ford one in, i keep seeing a Ford 6000 CD player coming up in my search results would that be right? Any help would be great, is this the right one, do you know where i could find one.

Thankkkksss!

you need the 6000 CD player (1 disc) or 6006 (6-disc in dash changer).

there are several designs, for the W reg fiesta you need the original design resembling this

Ford_6000-CD-RDS-EON_6000NE_YS4F-18C815_FD600A.jpg

the wires are all the same - just undo the plugs on the back of your tape player and plug em into the CD player.

simples.

And dont go skimping on the removal tools by using coathangers - its really easy to slip and scuff something, and for teh sake of a couple of quid on ebay just get the proper jobbies.

Hi Victoria, firstly congratulations on picking a great little car.....I've had my 2001 Fiesta for over 7 years and love her to bits! I put a 6000 Ford Cd player in earlier this year, bought it from ebay and fitted it in less than 2 minutes....as I have the proper stereo removal tool (that was a couple of pound off ebay).

Thank you so much! I will start some research now to find one at a good price. Im thinking Ebay is going to be a good start, if you have any other suggestions please let me know.

Look forward to being part for the club :)

welcome to the forum! B)

and by the way - when you do get a 6000 or 6006, remember to get the security code with it (4-digits). although if you havent got it people on here will be able to get one for you ;) )