Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remote Key

PeterK

Hi new here and was wondering can anyone help?? I've recently bought a 1999 focus 5 door hatch and only got 1 key,non remote thin black plastic one. Does anyone know where I can get a cheap remote fob key other than from a dealership as I don't want to end up paying an arm and a leg for one. Thanks in anticipation. Regards Peter K

• Like 1

Hi peter

The first thing you need is to find out if the car had a remote key to start with, i think that ford did make some early ones none remote.. find out before you get a key..

Hi thanks for your reply but I have no idea how to find out if my focus DID originally have a remote key,but I would hazard a guess it did. Let's suppose it did,how do I go about obtaining a remote replacement key. Could I just get a separate remote from companies who can make one up just using the serial number from the alarm system??

You can get one off e-bay, have it cut, you should be able programe it your self, to do it, turn ignition on / off about six times it should blip 2 times then press any button on the key, if you can not start the car with the new key after you have got the doors to unlock you will need the key programed to the car by ford.. ford use PATS system built in to the cars ecu. if it was my car i would try and find out if it came with a remote key or not, the only other way if the ford key will not work, is to get an alarm fitted with remote locking feature incorporated..

Best of luck with this, keep us posted with your outcome..

Alan

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club