Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 Fiesta Tdci Zetec S Tuning

sambooka

im looking to get a bit more power out of my 2011 zetec s tdci its the 95bhp version with dpf. i would like to mod it without voiding the warranty if i can does anyone know of any ford approved modifications if there is any and im open to the ones that arent aswell

Yeh i know i really dont wont to void the warranty just incase something does go wrong i have seen tuning boxs but apparently any power increase will be picked up

Sambooka,

The advantage of a tuning box over a ECU re-map is that at service time you can disconnect the box or as in some cases switch it off. The problem with the 1.6 & 1.4 diesel engines is that the connection for the fuel rail is at the back of the engine and can be quite fiddly to get to, in fact if you've not done it before even infuriating to connect to.

Some companies like Ron & Darren's at http://tuning-diesels.com/index2n.htm provide a lead to connect the box to leaving access relatively easy to remove etc.`

none, and ford will know if you have it remapped.

agreed.

when you add any modification like this, it'll set off a HEX flag in the ECU's memory saying that it has been modified.

even when you remove the box to go "back to normal", a hook up to IDS can reveal that it has, at some point between the last service and this one, been running on a different map.

then fords will happily tell you to "do one" when you come cap-in-hand asking for some warranty work - leaving you, your tuning box and your knackered car with a significant bill.

mwuhahahaha :lol:

agreed.

when you add any modification like this, it'll set off a HEX flag in the ECU's memory saying that it has been modified.

even when you remove the box to go "back to normal", a hook up to IDS can reveal that it has, at some point between the last service and this one, been running on a different map.

then fords will happily tell you to "do one" when you come cap-in-hand asking for some warranty work - leaving you, your tuning box and your knackered car with a significant bill.

Are Bluefin a Reliable company for remaping your car safely?

thanks to everyone and to arcomma as i didnt know about the hex flag if you mod the engine at all and i might jut have to sit on my hand till the warranty runs out either that or risk it and mod it.do things like k&n air filters also set of this hex flag?

Bluefin don't do the mk7 tdci yet due to Ford restrictions, however they're trying to find a way round it.... They've been saying this for a few years now.

agreed.

thanks to everyone and to arcomma as i didnt know about the hex flag if you mod the engine at all and i might jut have to sit on my hand till the warranty runs out either that or risk it and mod it.do things like k&n air filters also set of this hex flag?

No things like filters usually don't, it has to be a physical (electronic) mod.

Although if the ECU senses the difference it might.

All a HEX Flag is is a journal entry (coded in hexadecimal) that describes the event, which can be decoded at service/warranty time.

Mountune have been saying for a while that they're working on TDCI modifications, which should hopefully be warranty friendly.

If you wanted to wait til your warranty ended or just write off the warranty early, there's a few significant changes you can make.

Stage 1: A stand-alone remap/tuning box - these add a good amount of bhp and torque to diesels for very little cash. You can expect anywhere between 110-125 bhp and even increased fuel efficiency.

Stage 2: Free flowing exhaust + uprated panel filter. - The exhaust will allow the turbo's turbine to spool up quicker, helping to reduce turbo lag. Although the gain won't be massive, alongside a remap it should drastically improve throttle response. Decat's and DPF removals/modifications are soon the be made MOT fails though, which is a shame as both of these choke the turbo's efficiency.

Stage 3: New turbo, this is where it get's expensive, but combined with the above modifications you can really change the car. I remember reading someone got 150bhp/300nm torque out of their Mk6 1.6 diesel with a hybrid turbo. You could also consider a custom/larger/multiple turbo set up.

You'd need to remap after each stage (excluding stage 1) and you shouldn't upgrade in any other order. A larger turbo will only add more lag without a remap and uprated exhaust etc. There may also be other parts that will need upgrading to cope with the extra power too (depending how far you want to take it); Brakes, suspension, intercooler, clutch etc.

• 1 month later...

well i hope mountune pull there finger out.i really want to modify my mk7 1.6tdci zetec s without losing the warranty but seeing as you cant do any engine mods.what i was wondering though is can you upgrade things like the brakes and suspension bushes i know that is you want to have it lowered you have to get for to fit the Eibach lowering kit as thats all they approve.bigger alloys and tyres are obviously allowed.

if i did start modding it before my warranty finishes 130-150bhp would make me more than happy

none, and ford will know if you have it remapped.

Off-topic but can I just say your car looks awesome mate! ;)

Mountune have just released an upgrade for the MK6 TDCi - they say if it proves popular the MK7 will be along soon :)

Details here.

Stage 3: New turbo, this is where it get's expensive, but combined with the above modifications you can really change the car. I remember reading someone got 150bhp/300nm torque out of their Mk6 1.6 diesel with a hybrid turbo. You could also consider a custom/larger/multiple turbo set up.

I know of 2 people running the OLDER 1.6 90bhp TDCI engine... they have 144BHP and 323Nm, and 156BHP with a little more torque.. Both are active members on the Diesel Forum i help to run..

Trouble with the Mk7 is the ECU, not many people can crack it yet...

Mountune have just released an upgrade for the MK6 TDCi - they say if it proves popular the MK7 will be along soon :)

Details here.

Nice, but only an air filter and remap? Look forward to seeing what the next step is.

I know of 2 people running the OLDER 1.6 90bhp TDCI engine... they have 144BHP and 323Nm, and 156BHP with a little more torque.. Both are active members on the Diesel Forum i help to run..

I think it was from a diesel forum so probably the same one! I've toyed about with the idea of getting a diesel several times and like to read up on what's possible.

Details here.

Hmmm...very interesting. If they bring this out for the MK7 it could be a late Christmas present for myself :D

Already got the K&N filter so may get a discount or sell the new one on fleabay.

It's about time though, way back in Feb 2010 Dave@Mountune posted this:

"As for the Diesel tuning, bottom line is this; we'd love to do some diesel upgrades, we have ex-Ford diesel calibrators here that could do it in their sleep... the problem is largely that the diesel side of things are a totally different entity to the petrol side and they seem more reluctant to 'up' the diesels in the performance stakes.

Having said that, we're making some substantial progress at the moment (in general), and I'm sure diesel performance upgrades will happen to compliment the range of petrol upgrades.

In other words, it's not 'us' you need to convince, we know there's a demand for it..."

So it looks like Ford have finally realised there is a demand for this, possibly prompted by the likes of RS Tuning et al already producing remaps which have proved popular.

Dave's quote was in this thread:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/10336-special-offer-mountune-side-splash-and-new-alloys/page__p__65392__hl__andyedge__fromsearch__1#entry6539

Which features one of KeithC's classic replies:

"Because if people were more bothered about performance they would have bought the petrol."

Well maybe now Keith we won't have to ;) But on the other hand I was already planning on getting the ST when it finally arrives :rolleyes:

i have the older 1.6 and i know need info on this 144bhp fiesta....any links to the diesel forum?

i have the older 1.6 and i know need info on this 144bhp fiesta....any links to the diesel forum?

PM sent...

"As for the Diesel tuning, bottom line is this; we'd love to do some diesel upgrades, we have ex-Ford diesel calibrators here that could do it in their sleep... the problem is largely that the diesel side of things are a totally different entity to the petrol side and they seem more reluctant to 'up' the diesels in the performance stakes.

I have said for YEARS that ford need to release some big power diesels, the VAG group have been doing it for ages! 170BHP 2.0TDi's were out 5 years ago! And if mountune jump on now, then hopefully this will prove popular, especially as warranties will remain (I presume)

As i help run a Diesel Tuning forum, I am awaiting a reply from mountune to see what their future possibilities are etc, and also if they want a Focus 110 TDCi remap Beta Tester ;) ;)

possibly prompted by the likes of RS Tuning et al already producing remaps which have proved popular.

Paul at RS Tuning is a top bloke! He has a Map for the 1.8tdci, which hits 146BHP... And the car is transformed!! It also has about 240lbft i believe!! My mate had a big power TDi golf, and didnt pull away from one! Paul also knows a lot about his Diesel Tuning as well, he come highly recommended by all the members who have had his remaps done,

"Because if people were more bothered about performance they would have bought the petrol."

LOL... the way i look at it.. If you remap the modern TDCi, and are willing to spend a bit of cash... you end up with a pocket rocket thats still only £30 a year to tax... and will still do 45mpg even when driven hard lol!!

No brainer really!! Also the joy from covering the guy behind in diesel smoke is extremely satisfying!! B)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

on this subject, I have just bought a 60 plate zetec S 1.6 cdti (95bhp one) I want to re map my car but have no clue about it or what /where I should go and if its worth it and help would be appreciated.

on this subject, I have just bought a 60 plate zetec S 1.6 cdti (95bhp one) I want to re map my car but have no clue about it or what /where I should go and if its worth it and help would be appreciated.

RS Tuning in Leeds or AMD (Essex?) always seem to get a mention with good reviews.

• Like 1