Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2010 Tdci Brake Upgrade ?

poshpawsfiesta

hiya does anybody know if focus st front disk and pads will fit on a 1.6 tdci zetec ? im in need of a bit more stoping force :)

hiya does anybody know if focus st front disk and pads will fit on a 1.6 tdci zetec ? im in need of a bit more stoping force :)

the st brakes will be bigger so you will need the bigger calipers and carriers. im looking at getting the focus st front calipers for mine, i think they are 320mm compared to the 300mm as standard on mine and some models of focus.

Hi Poshpaws

Why not convert the rear drum system to disc brakes

Jamie

• Like 1

Hi Poshpaws

Why not convert the rear drum system to disc brakes

Jamie

thats a good idea, i done that with my mk1 focus. braking power is exactly the same but they take much more of a pounding under hard breaking. quite an expensive mod but it looked good

hmm i was thinking about coverting rear drums to disks but i was thinking i would have to put new brake lines in + abs and traction control sensors etc ? wich would all cost alot and apparently rear brakes are only there to balance out the braking force not do do all that much pysical breaking.

whereas the focus is now coming up to 30,000 miles so the front disks and pads need replacing anyway, i was hoping it would be a quick and easy chage over.

but if its going to be alot of hastle id just stay standard.

we used to have a 2009 2.0 tdci titanium wich had rear disks and bigger fronts and that was much better, with a less spongey brake pedal.

Hi posh

Why would you need new brake lines.

The handbrake is cable operated

The brakes utilise the existing hydralic cable

Abs operates on the back wheels as well (i could be wrong dont bite me)

Fitting bigger fronts is a piece of cake just make sure they fit inside the existing alloy wheel

Jamie :-)

fitting rear discs is a bit of work, you will need to change the handbrake cable as you will need one with the fittings for the calipers.

the brake hoses will probably be a different length (was on my mk1)

hopefully the abs sensors would come with the hubs for the rear

have you got 280mm front discs? the 2.0 tdci probably had the 300mm discs

Hi posh

Why would you need new brake lines.

The handbrake is cable operated

The brakes utilise the existing hydralic cable

Abs operates on the back wheels as well (i could be wrong dont bite me)

Fitting bigger fronts is a piece of cake just make sure they fit inside the existing alloy wheel

Jamie :-)

Just because i thought drums and disk's used a diffrent sort of brake line. (Bearing in mind im only guessing.)

I think ure find drums are not powerful enough to lock up completly, or there isnt enough braking force sent to them to make them lock up.

Got my mate do an emergency stop in the wet in front of me and the abs looked like it only kicked in on the front wheels. (its quite visable.)

Also im pretty sure the ESP dosent use the rear drums as when u would try and do a scandinavian flick in the 2.0 tdci titanium the back would not slip out atall (its got rear disks) but the 1.6 tdci with only drums at the rear does, not that i do this all the time, but at the end of my road there's a massive turning around circle and i tried it there as i am very interested on how these systems work.

fitting rear discs is a bit of work, you will need to change the handbrake cable as you will need one with the fittings for the calipers.

the brake hoses will probably be a different length (was on my mk1)

hopefully the abs sensors would come with the hubs for the rear

have you got 280mm front discs? the 2.0 tdci probably had the 300mm discs

hmm i dont know the sizes, on ford parts uk its dosent say the sizes but they look the same infact the ST disks are cheaper, but the st pads look alot more meatier, think im going to have to research this a bit longer before i order them.

normall front disks> http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_focus_2008_front_brake_discs_2253.htm

st front disks> http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_focus_2008_st_front_brake_discs_2251.htm

normall front pads> http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_focus_2008_front_brake_pads_set_2254.htm

st front pads> http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_focus_2008st_front_brake_pads_set_2252.htm

Focus ST discs - Disc Diameter 320.0mm Disc Thickness 25.0mm

Focus 1.8/2.0 diesel - Disc Diameter 300.0mm Disc Thickness 25.0mm

focus petrol - Disc Diameter 278.0mm Disc Thickness 25.0mm

all info from here

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club