Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Iphone 4S + Bluetooth + Usb Issue

Andy09

Hi, long time no post!

I'm having a bit of an issue, for a while I've used my iPod Touch in my car for audio and now finally got myself an iPhone. But I'm having a bit of a problem, playing music seems almost impossible as once bluetooth connects the audio goes off. Searching the forums I've seen similar issues with iPhones, so I'm assuming it's not 4S issue.

If I unplug the USB cable a few times the audio does eventually come back, but I don't like having to do this as it wastes quite a bit of time (and technically the phone is constantly switching on/off charging which the battery might not appreciate!)

I'm assuming it has something to do with it trying to play bluetooth audio? Is there a way to permanently switch it off in the Fiesta? Didn't it appear in a radio firmware update? ...I don't suppose it's possible to downgrade it!

I'd appreciate any tips, I don't like to be without my music :)

Andy

pretty sure you can turn off bluetooth on the main menu.

Yes thats possible, I done it the other day. As I'm having severe freezing issues and the only fix is to disconnect the battery!

Thanks for the replies, but I don't want to turn off bluetooth completely. I still want to use it as a phone, just not the audio side of it.

I had a sit in the car today and didn't come across any relevant setting :( Although it looks like I can switch the music back to the USB from the music screen on the iPhone. Not ideal but a way around the issue I guess!

Thanks for the replies, but I don't want to turn off bluetooth completely. I still want to use it as a phone, just not the audio side of it.

I had a sit in the car today and didn't come across any relevant setting :( Although it looks like I can switch the music back to the USB from the music screen on the iPhone. Not ideal but a way around the issue I guess!

Although this thread is getting old now it is perhaps worth mentioning that there is an upgrade to the Bluetooth/Audio unit which can be downloaded from the Ford webite here to a USB stick and run in less than 20 minutes.

Never knew you could manually update the software, deffo giving this a try tomorrow; I've been having some right grief with my iPhone 4s!

I am having major issues with bluetooth since iOS 5 upgrade.

I have a 09 Fiesta without the USB port. I saw on another website though that there is a USB port behind the glovebox? Or is this for 2010/11 models?

Is there anyway I can upgrade the firmware?

I am having major issues with Bluetooth since iOS 5 upgrade.

I have a 09 Fiesta without the USB port. I saw on another website though that there is a USB port behind the glovebox? Or is this for 2010/11 models?

Is there anyway I can upgrade the firmware?

Ford should do this for you as your car is still in warranty - if they don't know what you're on about, try a different dealer. The update is great if you have an iPhone! I have experienced one issue but it's with the reversing cam - as that wasn't available for your car you won't have it so go for it ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club