Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zetec Hid Covertion Kit

crazyford

can someone help trying to find a xenons convertion kit for a ford fiesta zetec 55 plate mk 6 ??

can someone help trying to find a xenons convertion kit for a ford fiesta zetec 55 plate mk 6 ??

HIDS 4 U

Try that, probably the best place IMO to buy them I'm sure others will agree. This is a slim-line 6000K kit for H7s (dipped-beam)

I fitted mine the other day they look great ;)

But that link isn't the ones for your car

Arent they illegal? Im not 100% sure but theyre a menace and should be allowed. Yeah you can see further yeah you are less likely to have an accident but what about me? Coming down a country lane and being blinded by some bellend in a fiesta with HIDs that mean I have to pull over (and yes this has happened except it was a bellend in a Corsa but same goes) until I can see properly. Theyre dangerous and putting them in your car is idiotic. If you want to be able to see further use your full beams where theres nothing coming if not then make do. Your safety isnt something that should outweigh the safety of others.

Arent they illegal? Im not 100% sure but theyre a menace and should be allowed. Yeah you can see further yeah you are less likely to have an accident but what about me? Coming down a country lane and being blinded by some bellend in a fiesta with HIDs that mean I have to pull over (and yes this has happened except it was a bellend in a Corsa but same goes) until I can see properly. Theyre dangerous and putting them in your car is idiotic. If you want to be able to see further use your full beams where theres nothing coming if not then make do. Your safety isnt something that should outweigh the safety of others.

I do agree that they can be dangerous (not as much with using them with projectors like the Fiesta has). But he asked where to get a good kit from not to be flamed for a choice he wants to make. Like every other HID thread this is why they turn into an unnesessary arguement. Because people who dont like them have to tell everyone who has them or wants them they're idiots.

Aftermarket HIDs MOT failure after Dec 2011. Testers will spot the difference between HID kits, and manufacturer fitted Xenon’s. Easy to spot as Xenon cars have suspension level sensors, in car beam adjuster, and usually headlight washers. So you'll be wasting your money

I've always used them and always been very very careful. If properly levelled on projectors, there's a very clear cut off line, so keeping them dipped to a level where they don't shine above window level is very easy.

The problem is with wee jakes that chuck them into reflector headlights, or don't have them levelled properly.

They're illegal and can be unsafe.

The only legal way to fit aftermarket HID's is to buy the entire HID light unit (bulbs, ballasts, housing, optics the lot), a headlamp washer system, and auto levelling. The light unit must have been designed from scratch for HID usage and not halogen, and fully 'e' marked with lots of other legislation and tests passed. Headlamp washers + self levelling is easy enough, but no company has designed and supplies the HID compliant housing.

As above aftermarket HID's will be picked up on the 2012 onwards MOT tests with other VOSA changes, and will result in a fail. HID's would also have to be insured, which insurers should refuse as the only way to do it currently is illegally. A police car will also have the right to pull you for it, and possibly fine you.

HOWEVER...

There are steps you can take to make a HID conversion safer. Stay below the 6000 Kelvin Mark. Above 6000K there is a blue tint in the light, this causes a glare that eyes are VERY sensitive too, when exposed to blue wavelengths of light the retina's open up, letting more light in, this gives the receiver a perception of brighter light. 5000K is a nice cold white, without blue and therefore is a much safer colour, although it's actually brighter in lumens.

I'd also advise 35w in dipped beams rather than 55w, they're a bit dimmer and aggravate eyes less. Full beam/Fog lights shouldn't ever hit people in the eyes so do what you want here.

Make sure you have the projector housing! (chrome headlamps, standard on Zetec and above) Although it's still not completely "safe" it is safer than using reflector dishes.

Fit and adjust them properly.

Keep them dipped low enough to avoid the light entering windscreens of oncoming traffic.

At the end of the day though it's up to you, I thought about it, but felt it was too much hassle. I'm neither for or against really, I don't think they're too bad when done properly, and the lights sit pretty low on the fiesta anyway. It's HID's on 4x4's we should be complaining about!

More info:

http://store.candlepower.com/trabhidki.html - Independent review of HID conversion kits and warnings from the largest online light community. Very informative.

http://www2.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roadsafety/drs/hidheadlamps.html - Department for Transports view on aftermarket HID conversion kits & the law.

- Some of the 2012 MOT changes discussed.

Good luck, hope this helps, sorry it's a long winded post.

you think HID's are dangerous? In ten year's we'll be using lasers as headlamps (I'm not joking).

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club