Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Has Anyone Changed Mk7 Boot Light?

Fez123

Noticed recently that the boot light is quite weak in the Fiesta.

Has anyone fitted a LED bulb? (what size/type do I need???)

what i have done is quite different, i left the standard bulb in (which is a 501 led), used some cable lock connectors and a spare LED strip and hooked them up to the boot light like so ;)

IMG_0017.jpg

I think you've got the right idea Nico. The position of the boot light seems flawed to me - it basically illuminates the right wheel arch rather than "across" the load area! :blink:

I think, its a 501 bulb. Check this......

My link

Thanks OTS - ordered some LEDs on eBay

I think you've got the right idea Nico. The position of the boot light seems flawed to me - it basically illuminates the right wheel arch rather than "across" the load area! :blink:

Thanks OTS - ordered some LEDs on ebay

;)

Let me know how they look please! I've been meaning to get round to replacing my total garbage bootlight :rolleyes:

Also just waiting on my H11 fog LEDs to come through the post!

the only problem is they are too bright and light up 10m around the back of the car.... but its worth it, they light the whole boot is simply easier no matter what light i in

Noticed recently that the boot light is quite weak in the Fiesta.

Has anyone fitted a LED bulb? (what size/type do I need???)

Ive recently done a guide on fitting an additional bootlight Click Here

i also used these custom led clusters for the fitting Click Here they are the brighest bulb you can fit in to the stock fitment B)

I recently fitted an LED light to mine.

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0094.jpg

Nothing fantastic but much better than the standard light ;)

I haven't got one in mine. How do I go about getting one ??

Luke

• Like 1

I haven't got one in mine. How do I go about getting one ??

Luke

Hi luke,

Click Here this led is brighter than the led in the picture above its a 20 led 6000k bulb,

you cant get any brighter for the standard fitting, ive installed a second fitting in the opposite side of the boot with one of these in either side

also heres a picture of the bulb in operation:

also heres a link to the guide Click Here B)

Image1037.jpg

• 11 months later...

Will this bulb fit a Fiesta MK7 boot light holder? Mine's gone :(

Hi luke,

Click Here this led is brighter than the led in the picture above its a 20 led 6000k bulb,

you cant get any brighter for the standard fitting, ive installed a second fitting in the opposite side of the boot with one of these in either side

also heres a picture of the bulb in operation:

also heres a link to the guide Click Herecool.gif

Scotthunter I actually replied to your original thread on this topic but no-one appears to have seen it. I'll repost here:

Instead of a normal LED bulb, what I would really recommend is an LED pad like what I've got in mine.

Do you already have LED foot-wells? If so what colour?

White:

http://www.ebay.co.u...cat=0&_from=R40

Blue:

Red:

Heres the effect it will give:

DSCN0830.jpg

Fills my boot nicely and I can actually see in there at night now.

If you go down the LED panel route, you just get rid of the bulb cover, plug this in and simply stick the self adhesive panel over the hole

I actually have one pad on each side though as in Lennys second boot light guide. But even just one pad would give off a lot of light.

Cheers.

I'd rather not go down the route of the fitting led strip lighting. I'm just after a like for like replacement of the bulb that's fitted to the offside side of my boot, that's preferably brighter than the standard one.

That bulb is a wedge/T10/W5W style bulb.

If your original bulb looks like this then it will fit just fine. --

$(KGrHqVHJCcE+NLtbF64BP15Sn0-!g~~60_12.JPG

The LED pad basically is a like for like swap. It has the same plug on it as the standard bulb so it will plug straight the existing socket so no need to wire anything in. All to do is take the plastic cover off the bulb socket, plug the pad in the socket then stick the pad in the covers place. Don't think you'll get anything brighter.

Yes, I bought that exact LED from the same guy - works a treat.

Is this covered under warranty if the original one has stopped working?

Is this covered under warranty if the original one has stopped working?

Not sure but I don't think it covers consumables ie lights brake pads clutches and so on

Not sure but I don't think it covers consumables ie lights brake pads clutches and so on

Only a year old and the boot bulb's gone already. Surely this would be covered under sale of goods act? Got this anyway though as I want something better than the Ford standard:

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=180997939634

I may ask my dealer to reimburse me the £7 I spent!

Only a year old and the boot bulb's gone already. Surely this would be covered under sale of goods act? Got this anyway though as I want something better than the Ford standard:

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=180997939634

I may ask my dealer to reimburse me the £7 I spent!

I'm not clued up on the law at all but as its a non standard bulb your dealer may refuse but it's worth a go

If you ever take the car in for warranty work remove ALL LEDs on the car.

My friend has a 12month old Focus and the sidelight stopped working. Looked like the bulb had blown so replaced with a standard Bosch bulb from Halfords. They then said it's not a standard Ford part, if they put a Ford bulb in and it works they'll charge him. (What's next, the Wiper Blades must be Ford too?!)

My friend has a 12month old Focus and the sidelight stopped working. Looked like the bulb had blown so replaced with a standard Bosch bulb from Halfords. They then said it's not a standard Ford part, if they put a Ford bulb in and it works they'll charge him. (What's next, the wiper blades must be Ford too?!)

:unsure:

Just Ford being picky and trying to avoid warranty work.

Next they'll be expecting you to keep the same air in your tyres.