Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can't Get The Wing Mirror Cover Off ?

Wickwick10_1

Tried to change bulbs in my wing mirror on new 2011 Focus but can't get the cover off !!!! Manuals no use either ......??

Hi, when I removed my wing mirror on my mondeo, same as, I had to carefully use a small screwdiver, however you have to be very gentle not to damage the cover and its fixing lugs, I seem to remember squeezing the cover as well. You know when replacing the puddle lamp bulbs you don't remove the covers don't you.It is in the manual.

Chris

Hi, when I removed my wing mirror on my mondeo, same as, I had to carefully use a small screwdiver, however you have to be very gentle not to damage the cover and its fixing lugs, I seem to remember squeezing the cover as well. You know when replacing the puddle lamp bulbs you don't remove the covers don't you.It is in the manual.

Chris

It's the puddle lamp bulbs I want to change - so I don't need to remove the cover for these ? Manual is crap - just says remove carefully ??

It's the puddle lamp bulbs I want to change - so I don't need to remove the cover for these ? Manual is crap - just says remove carefully ??

It's in the manual page 65/66 they're called 'Approach Lamps' - you have to remove the mirror glass first. Seems pretty straight forward ? Good luck !!

Hi, paul is quite correct, this procedure is slightly different from that on the Mondeo...

Chris

Do you mean the indicator bulbs?

If so, my Haynes manual recommends that you remove the mirror glass first so you can get easy access to the clips holding the back on.

Sounds like a case of it being much easier if you do something else first. Trying to work around will only cause extra work and probable broken parts (or temper).

Hi, if you read his posts chris has already said it is the approach(puddle) lamps...

Chris

Do you mean the indicator bulbs?

If so, my Haynes manual recommends that you remove the mirror glass first so you can get easy access to the clips holding the back on.

Sounds like a case of it being much easier if you do something else first. Trying to work around will only cause extra work and probable broken parts (or temper).

Temper yes !!! Lol Goid call to remove mirror for indicator too - thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Changed both my indicator bulb and puddle bulb by tilting the mirror as far in as possible and put fingers behind glass and pop mirror out - this was so easy mate and all done in 5 mins.

Changed both my indicator bulb and puddle bulb by tilting the mirror as far in as possible and put fingers behind glass and pop mirror out - this was so easy mate and all done in 5 mins.

Was it worth the effort ? Are the puddle lights now bright white like the number plates ?

No effort mate easy and bright white - may go blue tho ??

• 10 months later...

I'm having the same trouble, trying to change the indicator bulb. How does the mirror glass,"Pop" off, don't want to break anything, especially if you start leavering the mirror glass off, won't it break? and where and how do you get the clip off for the cover? Thanks for any help.