Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 Fiesta Performance Boost Advice?

Njck

Hey guys, decided to come back to this forum and starting off with your guys help on what you think I should do to my Fez for a bit more oomph, it's only a 1.4 and can't upgrade to an ST or anything while I'm still at University.

Was looking at Miltek exhausts, but they seem to only fit STs, any other mods people suggest?

Appreciate any input, thanks!

I think you are better just saving the money until you can afford a faster one. realistically what are you looking to gain out of a 1.4? it wont be very much for the money. just my opinion though mate

I think you are better just saving the money until you can afford a faster one. realistically what are you looking to gain out of a 1.4? it wont be very much for the money. just my opinion though mate

I agree with stef on this mate, save the modification money and spend it on the ST when you can afford it,

instead of blowing it on your current car to gain max 20bhp

then when you own the st you will look back thinking the ammount of money you blew on it, if only you had that money now to put in to the ST what a machine it would be..

if you want easy power mate, buy a TDCI model and a bluefin remap your mates may snigger but not when you sail past them :D

cheaper to run with more tourque and more gains for your money

I agree with stef on this mate, save the modification money and spend it on the ST when you can afford it,

instead of blowing it on your current car to gain max 20bhp

then when you own the st you will look back thinking the ammount of money you blew on it, if only you had that money now to put in to the ST what a machine it would be..

if you want easy power mate, buy a TDCI model and a bluefin remap your mates may snigger but not when you sail past them :D

cheaper to run with more tourque and more gains for your money

thats a very good point, im driving a lot of hire cars at the moment, mostly 1.4 or 1.6 petrol but when i jump in my own car i realise just how flat and gutless they really are. If i can help it i wont have another petrol engine under a 1.8/2.0

Only problem with a diesel is you really need to do the miles to warrant the extra cost IMO

best of luck with whatever your choice mate.

Thank you for the replies guys, you're probably right, will have the car for a good 2 or 3 years more, just wondered if their was ways of boosting performance, but if it will cost too much just for a 1.4 then I completely agree and will just wait.

Thank you for the replies guys, you're probably right, will have the car for a good 2 or 3 years more, just wondered if their was ways of boosting performance, but if it will cost too much just for a 1.4 then I completely agree and will just wait.

Also, if you are under 25, most insurance companies will refuse to cover you these days if the car has any mods at all. That includes tinting the rear windows, and other cosmetic changes. Not just performance mods.

Also, if you are under 25, most insurance companies will refuse to cover you these days if the car has any mods at all. That includes tinting the rear windows, and other cosmetic changes. Not just performance mods.

Not entirely true, depends on no claims and other circumstances, but I have alloys, window tints, headlights, induction and it only came out to 200 more for the year

I tinted my windows and the insurance went down £16 a year!

you could try doing a oil change and using higher grade oil in it i.e fully synthetic and filling her up with Shell v power this will make it run 'better' rather than 'faster', i do this with my 05 clio and it makes it much less of a step down when i go from the 2010 focus , if you get my drift :)

you could also try upgrading the spark plugs and air filler wich will also make it drive a lil more perky :)

you could try doing a oil change and using higher grade oil in it i.e fully synthetic and filling her up with shell v power this will make it run 'better' rather than 'faster', i do this with my 05 clio and it makes it much less of a step down when i go from the 2010 focus , if you get my drift :)

Sounds good, but with petrol prices these days, I might give it a go and see what difference it makes, I usually get Shell because of the driver club points, so will give it a go, thanks!

you could also try upgrading the spark plugs and air filler wich will also make it drive a lil more perky :)

Probably sounding like a dummy, but I thought an air filter was another name for an induction kit, or is it a separate part?

Thanks

Mine wanted another £70 per year and an increase to the excess of £100. Mind you its cheap to start with. Direct Line will not insure under 25s with mods and a lot of others have followed suit. Its good some are OK with it, but I wonder how many havent told the insurance companies of any changes.

Thats due to all the women drivers not getting distracted from the road now because they cant see you in your car through the tinted glass :lol:

Thats due to all the women drivers not getting distracted from the road now because they cant see you in your car through the tinted glass :lol:

I'm taking that as a compliment Lenny ;)

I'm taking that as a compliment Lenny ;)

not looking to hog the thread but since were on the insurance thing,

my car is in storage because my renewel is €1987.62 thats with three years no claims on a learner permit :lol:

how good looking am i :D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club