Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Adding A Subwoofer To The Focus Titanium (Sony)

DavidR

Hi Everyone,

I just received my new Ford Focus ecoboost 1.6. While I enjoy the sound from my Sony console (9 speaker system), I do wish to add a little more "uumph" to it.

In the U.S they sell the Sony system with 10 Speakers (and I know it comes with its own amp). Does anyone know if there is an easy way to add a subwoofer to this car on the original console? Does it have some RCA output or is there an amp hiding somewhere that I could use to power a sub?

Much appreciated,

-D

Hi, the unit with the subwoofer in the states is the Sony MyFord 8" touchscreen version, not the unit that's fitted to your car. You could pull it out and have a look at the outputs to see if it has a sub connection, though this is unlikely. If it hasn't then the only way to go really would be to fit an aftermarket sub that has a convertor.

Chris

Thanks for the reply. I think I'll take it in to a good car-audio store to have a look at it and give me some advice. I'll write an update here once I have some information so that perhaps others can also benefit.

Cheers,

-D

Hi,

Please see below the Offical Ford SUB Whoofer with built in amp Finis 1479493 including price and finis code, designed for ford focus 2008-2011 and available to oreder at your local dealer the picture has been taken from Ford Microcat the same parts programme your local dealer will use to order your sub it should come with all fittings and instructions to intergrate with your current system:

FordSub.png

Hi, this is for the Mk2.5, thus the insructions might not apply to the Mk3...

Chris

David if you could let us know that would be great as I had a 1400RMS sub in my last focus and how I do miss a fat bass line, as we all know from our mk3s when volume is a above 18 or so the bass just dose not exist, good loud treble and middle having said that.

Hi, this is for the Mk2.5, thus the insructions might not apply to the Mk3...

Chris

the sub is ment for a Mk2.5 mate i can check for the MK3 but i dont think it dispays a sub available yet,

i assumed we were talking about a Mk2.5 model :rolleyes:

David if you could let us know that would be great as I had a 1400RMS sub in my last focus and how I do miss a fat bass line, as we all know from our mk3s when volume is a above 18 or so the bass just dose not exist, good loud treble and middle having said that.

Hi,

I'm exactly coming from the same background, my previous car had a really nice system I put together with a really nice sub. I do like the sound quality in the focus but exactly like you say, above a certain volume it seems the bass actually decreases. I'm guessing this is some sort of method of allowing more volume and limiting distortion. That is why adding a subwoofer is something that probably cannot be added without an RCA output feed or a specific output designed for a subwoofer.

I didn't get around to going to the auto store this week but I will probably drop by early next week and see what the options are. If anyone else finds out a Ford part number to add a sub then that would of course be ideal!

I'll definitely write an update soon. I appreciate the feedback so far, I'm glad I found this forum. :-)

-D

I didn't get around to going to the auto store this week but I will probably drop by early next week and see what the options are. If anyone else finds out a Ford part number to add a sub then that would of course be ideal!

I'll definitely write an update soon. I appreciate the feedback so far, I'm glad I found this forum. :-)

-D

Im not 100% sure on this but from looking at the outside of the new focus stereo, it looks much the same as the fiesta stereo so i found this RCA adaptore for the fiesta Click Here

the connections at the rear of the focus stereo may be the same so this would give the line to connect a sub.

All we need now is a simple power supply, spare tyre out and sorted. Wonder with that IOS would we have the same problem of the bass reducing the head unit must be turning down the bass db so as david said to stop any distortion happening.

All we need now is a simple power supply, spare tyre out and sorted. Wonder with that IOS would we have the same problem of the bass reducing the head unit must be turning down the bass db so as david said to stop any distortion happening.

for the power supply mate, it is highly recommended that you run a positive feed directly from the battery to the sub and earth it localy in the boot,

as the draw from the battery to the amp will at times be greater than other items under heavy base

also best to run the audio on the oposite side of the car to the power cable, as this can cause a humm on the Speakers if the power cable is next to the audio cable in the feed line.

my guess is the bass would still be cut down as the RCA splices in to the existing feed coming from the stereo,

however ford may be able to update the stereo not to cut the bass flow or their may be equiliser options in the headunit to alter the setting B)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club