Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help 11 Plate 3Dr Edge Rear Speaker Installation

Graham2good

I have a ford fiesta edge 3dr 11 plate. I've followed previous threads on here and fitted a pair of 17cm kenwood Speakers in the rear. Thing is im getting no sound whatsoever. The Speakers are connected to the correct wires. Im using factory ster

eo. Any help please?

I have a ford fiesta edge 3dr 11 plate. I've followed previous threads on here and fitted a pair of 17cm kenwood speakers in the rear. Thing is im getting no sound whatsoever. The speakers are connected to the correct wires. Im using factory ster

eo. Any help please?

Have you checked the fade setting on the stereo, all the sound may be set to fade to the front, since their were no rear Speakers in the car, turn the fade to -1 or zero this will level the sound between the front and rear of the car,

Thanx for reply. The stereo has no fade setting though :( just balance left and right? Confused cus speaker wires were there.

Thanx for reply. The stereo has no fade setting though :( just balance left and right? Confused cus speaker wires were there.

defo should be a fade mate,

when you cycle through the menu and you reach balance

press left or right or one of the keys

it should then give options of bass, trebile, fade and balance

also did you use splicing blocks as sometimes these may not splice through the plastic sleeve correctly

sorry mate check the link below, perhaps your stereo does not have fade as standard very strange Click Here

Yeah did that check and theres no fade setting on there I'd thought there'd be too but nothing. Do you think because car came with just front Speakers the setting would be disabled?

Yeah did that check and theres no fade setting on there I'd thought there'd be too but nothing. Do you think because car came with just front speakers the setting would be disabled?

Yeah it can be activated by ford mate, just another example of ford getting money hungry on aftercare, same with the new V serial stereo codes too need to pay ford for the code to reactivate the stereo when the power goes or a fuse blows in the car,

the older stereo the M serial numbers, anyone could obtain the code for free and they have done the same thing with footwell lights on the focus disabled the power so you will pay them to hook the car up to their computer for them to click a button and make it happen

possibly charging you £50. It was easily avoidable with the footwell lights as we just run a new cable from the interior light loom to the footwell,

but unfortunately you will have to go to ford about the speaker issue mate.

get them to update the software on your stereo :(

spoke to ford they going to charge me 79.99 plus VAT!!! robbing gits!!! getting it done today as i realy want the extra sound :)

79.99?! did you just bend over when they told you that?

would it be worth trying a different dealer?

79.99?! did you just bend over when they told you that?

:blink::lol: :lol: Very Good! :D :lol:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club