Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Flip Key For Mk2

artscot79

as i only got one key with the foci i needed a new one theres been a lot of topics on this so ill keep it short i got this key http://cgi.ebay.co.u...em=160672815178

these keys are uncut new blades and new transponders i can vouch for them as the auto locksmith checked it

i took it to a local auto locksmith who cuts keys for ford and he believes these are the same keys ford are using and charging more for i may add. cut and coding was £30 total cost inc key £59.95.

the key is sturdy well made not cheap the flip part is strong and not flimsy like some ive seen.

ford cost with me supplying the key and cutting it £95.00 that would make it £144.95 total ford cost supplying the key coding it and getting it sent away for cutting £200 the coding took 2 minutes using the obd port and the guys computer and its coded to the car not a clone

so if anybody wants it done its a cheap process to do youreself oh the key comes with a battery in it

Great price and they do look exactly the same as the Ford flip key.

My previous 09 Focus only came with one 3 button key and a non remote key. I was really surprised when I picked up the current Focus in April as this came with two flip keys. They must have been getting rid of all the old stock before finishing the Mk2.5 run.

Great price and they do look exactly the same as the Ford flip key.

My previous 09 Focus only came with one 3 button key and a non remote key. I was really surprised when I picked up the current Focus in April as this came with two flip keys. They must have been getting rid of all the old stock before finishing the Mk2.5 run.

well the guy cuts the keys for ford that they supply and he was convinced that these were what ford were using if so it shows how much they rip you off.

2 flip keys i wish the flip key seems to work perfect and at a greater distance than the old 3 button round key ive got strangely

I'm thinking of getting a flip key for my Focus, but some of the auctions on eBay show a genuine model at the top of the listing and then a poor fake halfway down the listing. This makes me doubt what product I'd actually be getting.

Example : ebay auction

If it's possible to get a genuine brand new, cut & coded key for just £60 then I think that's a good deal.

Thanks for posting, very interesting.

I'm thinking of getting a flip key for my Focus, but some of the auctions on eBay show a genuine model at the top of the listing and then a poor fake halfway down the listing. This makes me doubt what product I'd actually be getting.

Example : ebay auction

If it's possible to get a genuine brand new, cut & coded key for just £60 then I think that's a good deal.

Thanks for posting, very interesting.

thats a nasty blade on that key ill bet most places will have an issue cutting the key blade and flip mechanism should be the same colour

Yeah that is a nasty key that I linked to - if I do get a flip key it definitely won't be that one!

I've saved the link you gave, and found a few local auto locksmiths who I'll ring for quotes. Thanks again

Yeah that is a nasty key that I linked to - if I do get a flip key it definitely won't be that one!

I've saved the link you gave, and found a few local auto locksmiths who I'll ring for quotes. Thanks again

i can vouch for the key and the quality i was a bit wary to start with but very happy when i got it

i can vouch for the key and the quality i was a bit wary to start with but very happy when i got it

Ive purchased a flip key, and i live in ireland the nearest flip key cutter is 109miles from me :lol:

their is a few shopping centres with house key cutters can they cut the flip key or what skill am i looking for??

maybe i can find someone closer to home if i know what they use to cut or google the name for cutting car keys

is it laser cutting?

• 1 year later...

Hi, Sorry for dragging up an old topic but i,ve just got a mk2 Focus (2005) which came with just one normal 3 button non-flip key. I just wanted to clarify that this key could definately be sync'd to my car?

Thanks.

The key can be self-programmed to the central locking system but to add keys to the MK2 immobiliser system (PATS II) it needs to be programmed with an IDS/VCM module.

my motor came with the 2 keys but the spare key is a fixed blade

was looking at this a while ago as i wouldn't mind getting another flip key for the spare key as well

i could program the new key myself couldnt i as i already have 2 keys so i'd just need to get the new blade cut?

The Mk2 onwards had the self programming for the immobiliser removed.

The Mk2 onwards had the self programming for the immobiliser removed.

Used to be good fun programming keys the old way...

*puts key in barrel*

One, two, three, four, five... Er

Alas no more.

Ford saw a security problem with leaving the self-programme ability available so removed it to protect drivers (for 'protect' read 'chance to grab more money from poor drivers' ).

So i wouldnt be able to do it myself as long as i've already got 2 keys?

Thought this was a regular discussion saying that you could with 2 keys

Nope.

Mk1/1.5 Focus you can, but anything after that they changed the protocols.

So I can use the key but would need an auto locksmith to cut it and programme it for the immobiliser?

grrr i wont bother then lol i'm not that fussed

So I can use the key but would need an auto locksmith to cut it and programme it for the immobiliser?

Indeed.

grrr i wont bother then lol i'm not that fussed

It's worth it for the flash value. ;)

maybe when it comes to selling the car lol

only time anyone sees me spare key is when i leave it for a service/mot etc

other than that it remains hidden

maybe when it comes to selling the car lol

only time anyone sees me spare key is when i leave it for a service/mot etc

other than that it remains hidden

Very true, when I took mine for it's M.O.T today they got the spare and I kept the flip key in my pocket.

Rest of the time my original two keys live in my keysafe.

You used to be able, now can't any more. From the MK2 onwards.

It's a shame as it was quite a handy thing to be able to do. I know it's not everyday you need a new key, but being safe in the knowledge that its not going to cost more than about £30 to replace one if you should lose one/ require another key.

When I first got on the road in my mums Mondeo, I programmed three of them as it was like the family steed, me, my sister, mum and dad each had a key plus a spare.