Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retrofitting Original Bluetooth Module, Questions

odyssey

Recently, I bought a Fiesta Trend model (not sure if that's what they are named in UK). It comes with almost nothing - No A/C, only 2-line display, only Speakers in front and no bluetooth.

I have got my hands on the Sony headunit and a bluetooth module from the same car.

Now I need to retrofit these. Some has said that it's an easy thing to replace the headunit, so let's hope that's the case.

Anyway, the bluetooth module, I'm a bit more curious about. It's a Novero RX-42 as far as I can tell.

168v7r6.jpg

nf3g3.jpg

Does anyone know if any wiring might already be done for this, or will I need to try to get a wiring harness from somewhere else? I know that I need an interior light with microphone and that there are probably no cable for this.

Does anyone know how I can get this wiring?

iz40lx.jpg

Hi there. There is a guide on this site all about adding bluetooth to the car. Sounds like it all is possible. I have a spare microphone if your interested? Whether you have the wiring for the microphone is another question I am unable to answer?

If you're adding the light fitting with microphone grille, you're gonna need cutting to the roof lining, may as well grab a mondeo mk3 unit with the sunglasses holder too.

If you're adding the light fitting with microphone grille, you're gonna need cutting to the roof lining, may as well grab a mondeo mk3 unit with the sunglasses holder too.

Sounds like a good idea. Just haven't found one that isn't too old and ships outside UK. Why is all the lights from the older Mondeo - MK3 2003-2007? Isn't it possible to get something from a newer car, or better yet directly from the dealer?

• 1 month later...

Hi

I have tried to do this as well. I needed to buy a couple of extra wiring looms and for the voice control change the stalk. When its all put together it didnt work and from reading other articles it appears that the gem needs reprogramming. A guy at the local ford dealers tried to activate it on my car but couldnt get the changes to save. I havent yet solved the problem. I have a copy of the ids software and i am trying to find someone with a vcm machine so i can have a go myself. The method to update the gem is in another post on here

Hi

I have tried to do this as well. I needed to buy a couple of extra wiring looms and for the voice control change the stalk. When its all put together it didnt work and from reading other articles it appears that the gem needs reprogramming. A guy at the local ford dealers tried to activate it on my car but couldnt get the changes to save. I havent yet solved the problem. I have a copy of the ids software and i am trying to find someone with a vcm machine so i can have a go myself. The method to update the gem is in another post on here

I've upgraded a basic bluetooth module to one with USB + audio streaming and updated the GEM for it to work. Never tried installing one from scratch! Where abouts in the country are you?

Hi iNath

I am in the midlands. Did you use a ford ids to do this

Hi iNath

I am in the midlands. Did you use a ford ids to do this

Yes I did.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club