Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just Picked Up A Mk2.5 2008 Style, Any Simple Mods?

GavChap

I've already read about the footwell lights being easy to put in, but are there any other simple mods like that I can do?

Model: 2008 1.8 Style (facelift).

Have you seen the thread about changing the heater controls:

What sort of Mods are you looking to do ? lights ,styling etc.

• Like 1

Well one thing I might look at is getting the Sony MP3 radio. Not really a mod though. Interior stuff mostly, make our life more comfortable.

Do Ford do rear window blinds? I noticed the top of the range models have them built into the door cards, but I guess that'd mean a swap of cards.

How about armrest, if you dont have one already ? I fitted one yesterday, the whole console complete with factory armrest and its great. Feels like a proper car now !! Takes an hour to swap them over, well worth doing. Found one on eBay at the moment for a good price, see link, it will fit an 08 face lift no problem......plus half the price i paid for mine !!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ford-focus-centre-arm-rest-05-08-/260884350180?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cbdeb44e4#ht_500wt_1287

INSTALL : http://www.focusowners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27779

I've already read about the footwell lights being easy to put in, but are there any other simple mods like that I can do?

Model: 2008 1.8 Style (facelift).

Priv glass .....

Things i've added inside mine are as follows

1) changed footwell to Red LED with extra Red LED strips

2) Rear Red LED footwell lights

3) Rear quater light Red LED's

4) Rear Ford badge LED light on boot , white when reversing , Red when Braking. (My Guide)

5) Boot Extra Lights with 25 SMD Bright white LEDS ( Lennys guide)

6) Passenger and drivers door handle Red LED Mod ( My Guide)

7) How to cut and solder SMD LED strips which will be mounted in the Cup holder ( my guide coming soon)

8) DRL custom fog light replacment lights on order ( Fitting guide once they arrive from OZ)

Check out Lennys Mods , he has done some great Mods

• Like 1

Stainless Steel Kick plates/Sill Protectors. The sills get scratched really easy. I bought a lockwood set as they are good quality and far cheaper than the Ford ones.

• Like 1

Well one thing I might look at is getting the Sony MP3 radio. Not really a mod though. Interior stuff mostly, make our life more comfortable.

Do Ford do rear window blinds? I noticed the top of the range models have them built into the door cards, but I guess that'd mean a swap of cards.

if the car is silver or white, you may like to spray the rear view mirror like me,

see my list of guides below this post mate, you may find some of interest,

also pree has some great mods under his post too, just click the links B)

Rather than create a new post... In reference to the OPs question... Is the Sony HUs a simple plug and play swap, or is it a bit new involved than that?

I seriously think that I won't get on with the CD6000 unit in the car I am getting (having been used to Alpine units in all my other cars), but want to keep to original parts/option parts where possible. I have seen that there was a DAB Sony unit, but would that require changing the aerial, as I know DAB units can be massively fussy on aerials.

Rather than create a new post... In reference to the OPs question... Is the Sony HUs a simple plug and play swap, or is it a bit new involved than that?

I seriously think that I won't get on with the CD6000 unit in the car I am getting (having been used to Alpine units in all my other cars), but want to keep to original parts/option parts where possible. I have seen that there was a DAB Sony unit, but would that require changing the aerial, as I know DAB units can be massively fussy on aerials.

I've been investigating the Sony unit, it's a straight swap if you get the single CD or the 6 CD player. The DAB unit you need to swap the aerial, base, and run a new aerial lead. So it's slightly more involved!

I put the Sony single mp3 in mine last week, 5 minute job and better sound too. Got for 90 squid on eBay :)

Do they still work with the MP3 aux port?

Do they still work with the MP3 aux port?

Yep

and the 6CD changer stores all 6 cds in the stereo,

no need to have a stack in the boot or glovebox, its all inside the stereo B)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club