Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide To Fitting Smd Leds To Cup Holder

Preee

Got mine fitted now:) great idea Lenny , i tried a bottle of "Brute" but the green bottle does not give the same effect :)

• Like 1

Got mine fitted now:) great idea Lenny , i tried a bottle of "Brute" but the green bottle does not give the same effect :)

Try Joop ;)

• Like 1

Try Joop ;)

Lmao nice one lads,

i would have used a packet of clear latex condoms but the ones i use wouldn't even fit in the glove box their so big lol

also,

sorry to go off topic, but my laptop charger stopped working this morning after weeks of a loose connection, ive purchased a new one from eBay but i may not be able to log on over the weekend due to no power going to the laptop :(hopfully i can give it a wiggle and get it charging for me ;)

• Like 1

Condoms and wiggling in the same post?

Tell the truth Lenny, you're off for a dirty weekend really. ;)

• Like 1

Lenny you mean the ones a Chef use's in the kitchen if he has a cut finger ? :0

OOOh That's cruel.

I think that's why he's been pimping the car with loads of lights and a special shelf just for the aftershave.

Mobile lovenest. LOL

Sorry Lenny, Couldn't resist. :P

Condoms and wiggling in the same post?

Tell the truth Lenny, you're off for a dirty weekend really. ;)

Lmao wish i was mate,

Lol

OOOh That's cruel.

I think that's why he's been pimping the car with loads of lights and a special shelf just for the aftershave.

Mobile lovenest. LOL

Sorry Lenny, Couldn't resist. :P

Not a bad idea their mate,

but your comment also dteres me from telling you that i recieved a set of clim-aer rear windows covers in the post yesterday, blecks out the rear windows the same as tint but i can keep my FOC stickers in the side windows with the shades but if i had tint i would neet to remove the FOC decals lol

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3a71245951

Love your signature on the bottom of your posts too mate, like the picture of the badge light in the background B)

the 12v socket is a nice mod too mate.

• 6 months later...

Hi Preee (or anyone else)

1. Out of curiosity, where did you stash the fuse holder with the fuse. Did you stash it behind the radio?
  2. If the fuse would happen to blow, would this mean that you would have to remove some panels etc.
  3. Is the main idea of the fuse to act as a safety net, in case there is a spillage that would cause a electrical short?

Yes just a safety net , but regarding spillage after i drilled the holes and fitted the led's i used clear sealant to fill the holes from the front so the led's are protected.

i fitted the fuse , so it lines up under the gear lever surround , so if it did blow i can get to it easily just by popping up the surround with my finger nails.

Better safe than sorry. It does make sense.

I couldn't find any 3 amp ones on eBay. I could look around locally but I'm not aware of any good electrical shops in my area (closest one I could think of is probably B&Q).

The lowest amp that I could find was http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4160a7a713 which is actually good deal by looking at it.

1. Would this be any good?
  2. For future general knowledge as well I gotta ask this question. If any fuse holder is sold for specific amp, does this mean that they genuinely take only certain fuse (i.e. you simply can not chuck in 3 amp fuse into 5 amp holder.

Sorry I'm still finding my way in any modding.

you can always go less , i would not go higher than is rated

you can always go less , i would not go higher than is rated

Thanks, thats good to know.

Am I OK to go with the 5 amps for this mod or should really go lower just to be safe?

5amp should be fine , if you can't find a 3amp fuse , you can always use a different fuse holder and go as low as you want.

Better to be safe than sorry. I bought 5 x 3amp for a £1 from eBay. I think it's a steal :)

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone!

Sorry to bring this back up after such a long time.

I've looked for fuse holders but I have no idea what it's supposed to be :-P

Could anyone post a link to what I actually need?

Much love!

inline fuseholder is the best variety. This is basically the same shape as the holder that supports your Festoon bulbs in your map lights / interior lights / number plate

sweet. I have brought that one now.

Need to wait for the lights to be deliverd then work begins :rolleyes:

So lights have arrived will be cracking on the weekend.

Does the fuse need splicing to the LIVE wire? silly question im pretty sure it does but would like reasurance haha

ALso Do i splice Live to the orange + white

and Neutral to one of the Black + white?

20111105120640.jpg

A fuse should always go into the live side of a circuit in case of short circuits.

Live to orange/white, earth to black/white.

• 1 year later...

Looks good firefighter ☺