Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitted New Dpf Myself, What Now?

Antifaith

Hi, I have a 1.6 TDCi focus 05 - it had never had a DPF replacement and has done 123000 miles so I brought one off of eBay and fitted it today

However the DPF came with a warning that if I didnt follow the manufacturers ECU steps then the new DPF could be rendered useless within 30 miles as it will not regenerate, does this mean that I need to take it to a ford dealers and get them to reset the ECU? the Engine management light came on on Thursday but hasn't gone out yet?

Will it go out automatically? If I can just run the car without it being damaged I dont really care about the light I have no intention of selling it

I did the self diag trick found on these forums - the error code was Er0608, dt8510

Cheers

You will need Eloys additive reservoir refill and the ECU reset.....unless your following a Find, Fit and Fooook strategy :rolleyes:

Off to cut down and fit a bath panel and stuff, so not about to answer any more questions. Enough info in the DPF link in my sig.

as above, fill the fluid reservior. go to dealers and ask for a DPF mileage reset on both filter and fluid will cost an hours work

as above, fill the fluid reservior. go to dealers and ask for a DPF mileage reset on both filter and fluid will cost an hours work

Ok awesome, I've been told I may need a forced regen on the DPF just to clear things out, or shall I just do this myself after the reset?

I had a go yesterday at topping up the eolys, which proved to be a pain in the !Removed! as the tube from the filling kit was far to short to get higher that the additive tank, and the lid kept leaking - so I may have a trip to B and Q tonight for some tubing, unless anyone knows any good tricks?

also in the Haynes manual, it talks about some magic trick with resetting the clocks for eolys fluid with the ignition and the fuel filler cap - could this also be a reset for the DPF? or is it just wishful thinking?

Cheers in advance for your advice

I've recently replaced a nackered DPF on my 05 ford focus TDCi and topped it up with eolys oil - I've been told I need an ECU reset to make sure everything is working properly but the ford dealers have quoted me £90 to do this - surely it's a 30 second job?!! Any way I can do this without handing money over to them cunning stunts?!

Cheers

It will be the Labour charge for one hour , some decent garages will charge only for 30 minutes instead of the full hr , granted set up and rest would probably only take 20 minutes

if your eml light or pcm on the dash was lit up it will be a main dealer job. if not i think you can reset it yourself i have a hayes manual and it tells you step by step how to do it.also i think somone has done a post on here before on how to reset it.hope this helps.

You already have a thread open on the subject, why for Fecks sake have you opened another!

A fortnight of you on the forums and the first page of threads on the Focus Club forum will have your bleeding moniker as thread starter on every one of them. :angry:

I for one will not reply to multiple threads on the same subject, and I suggest others do the same or else mayhem will follow.

Mods please merge this thread.

We have merged the two topics. But please in future, be more polite in your replies to other members.

You already have a thread open on the subject, why for Fecks sake have you opened another!

A fortnight of you on the forums and the first page of threads on the Focus Club forum will have your bleeding moniker as thread starter on every one of them. :angry:

I for one will not reply to multiple threads on the same subject, and I suggest others do the same or else mayhem will follow.

Mods please merge this thread.

Who lit the wick on your tampon?

Yes the eml was on so it has to be a dealers job, I just don't think it should cost £90, glad I've got the whole lot done for £370 though instead of the £1200 the ford dealer quoted lol

Cheers for your advice

We have merged the two topics. But please in future, be more polite in your replies to other members.

Well as I don't suffer fools gladly, and can put my time to better use elsewhere I'll just change my tampon and begone then :ph34r:

Friends can keep in touch by email, wont be answering any PM's.

Besides COD MW3 is out :D

result then mate glad you sorted it,i have just had my dpf topped up for £100 including the reset. i found a local garage who had all the same software as the main dealer.if i just wanted the reset it would have cost £65.

^this.

I managed to download the ford IDS but then couldn't find anyone with a ford vcm - a wee bit sucky, otherwise I could've done the whole lot on the cheap

Oh, Battlefield 3 is way better than COD, you should try it catch

hi mate it was central car garage in doncaster but think it will be to far from you but give them a ring see what they say.surly there is a garage near you have a look on google for garages in warwickshire give them a ring,i think any garage that does a remappin service will have the software to reset the ecu.

Oh, Battlefield 3 is way better than COD, you should try it catch

I've heard that said by others Antifath, might take a look at it......as you can tell my COD MW3 ain't arrived yet :rolleyes: got the order dispatched email today though.......

And yes as you have shown you can sort the DPF replacement out far cheaper than the rip off dealer prices. I mean it's only part of the exhaust system for chribs sake.

Oh and by the way, my last post was not getting at you per say. I tell it how I see it, if I reckon it needs saying I say it. And like in your case I sometimes do it with a sarcastic bent, now that to me was bloke humour, like your reply to me was.

However a particular Mod apparently could not recognised it as bloke sarcastic humour, and as I ain't about to change how I see it or tell it any time soon, we are obviously on a collision course.............so best I be off to pastures new.

Catch,

Your comments did not come across as sarcastic for one second. The trouble with the internet is, nobody can tell from typing what's sarcastic and what's not. You reported your own post, and i responded to what you asked. I did not mean anything bad by what i said in my earlier post, and im not here to make enemies.

You are very welcome to say what you like (within reason) and we would of probably never of seen your post if you never reported it. I think it's best to leave it at that, and get back on topic :)

Reported his own post ROFL

which obviously only goes to show, me being a big boy, I'm not in the habit of complaining about what peeps say, [and nor was I on this occasion ] The only message I sent to the mods was........"as per my post"........and coincidently in that post was the request to Mods to merge the threads ............:rolleyes:

You see Barry.........hitting the report button is the easiest and fastest way to contact those who have the ability to merge threads :rolleyes:

And I would have thought that was obvious to the mod recipient I sent the request too..... :rolleyes:

But there you go......most people can see the bleeding obvious without it having to be explained to them :rolleyes:

Anyway as Marks says that's the internet for you .........hugs and kisses all round :D

LOL Welcome back.

you got MW3 yet?? Question - did you order from Asda?? If you did then you ring and moan about the delay you will get a 50% discount - know people who got the HE addition (or what ever its called) for like £30 after discounts (given a £10 e-voucher as well before hand)

Anyway on topic - OP - you find a local garage to reset it for you?? 2BH considering the ££'s you already saved i wouldn't mind the charge by ford considering. Could get them to check for other codes and stuff at the same time - make the most of the hr charge.

LOL Welcome back.

you got MW3 yet?? Question - did you order from Asda?? If you did then you ring and moan about the delay you will get a 50% discount - know people who got the HE addition (or what ever its called) for like £30 after discounts (given a £10 e-voucher as well before hand)

Barry, sorry not ignoring you mate, I disable email notification last week and yet to re enable it, as I've been busy doing other stuff.

As to MW3, I ordered from amazon circa £34 on five day free delivery. Ordered Tuesday, dropped through letter box Friday morning so cannot complain about that. I loaded late Friday night but did not play it. Eldest grandson came Saturday afternoon stayed overnight, Sunday morning I walk into my study, I see a guy hanging from the ceiling [in game obviously]I said where are you now, he says I think its the end of the game, I said oh thanks saves me the job of playing it to see the ending :rolleyes:... grand kids what are they like .........some times you want to cuddle em and sometimes ..............