Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interior Lights

dazza2471

Hi guys, i have just bought a 2001 focus 1.6 LX. None of the interior lights (front and boot) seem to be working. I have tested the wires with a meter and there is no voltage going to either. Also if you leave the sidelights on and open the door the "lights on chime" doesnt work either. If anyone has any ideas i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for your time.

Firstly check the fuses.

Not sure about the mark 1/1.5 whichever it is but on my mark two there is a option on the onboard computer to turn chimes off - maybe turned off on yours.

Another thing maybe the door pins which sense the door open - non sure what yours are like but might be the push pins ones - see if you can take them off and check power to wires there.

Well thats about it from me - sure someone with more knowledge of the mark 1/1.5 - will be of more help if neither of the above helps

try fuse # F35 7.5 amp for interior lights, behind the glove box

Thanks for that guys, have checked all those aptions and still nothing. Think im gonna have to get an auto electrician out. Will post the answer.

Hi guys, found out today it was the Timer Control Module which is a black unit connected to the back of the fuse box behind the glovebox. I pulled it out, blew on it and plugged it back in and now all my electrical problems have been rectified.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club