Do Not Sell My Personal Information

08 Fiesta Zetec Climate With Tech Pack

sarahlou1uk

Hi. I've just purchased an 08 Fiesta 1.6 TDCi Zetec Climate with tech pack and have a couple of questions that I hope someone will be able to help me with.

1. when sorting out insurance, is the tech pack classed as a modification to the original car even though it was put on at manufacturers? If I was to have an accident and a write off (better not!) would I just be compensated for a standard zetec climate?

2. auto sensing wipers - not too sure how to use these but from other forums it seems you put the stick up to what would be the intermittant point on standard cars and just wait until the rain starts? I recently changed from a Mondeo and it had a speed wheel on the stick but there is nothing like this on the fiesta so is the speed adjustable? Also, some posts state that these wipers cost around £40 for a new set - is this true?

If anyone could help i would be very grateful.

Many thanks

Sarah

If some thing is factory installed that will show as/is for the insurance and not a MOD

Usually lifting wiper to position 1 activates the Auto wipe not sure for a fiesta how you control the sensitivity as mine is a Focus and i have an adjuster .

The Wiper Blades you can get alot cheaper off eBay and not pay dealer prices

• Like 1

Hello and Welcome

Tech pack isn't classed as a mod as it is manufacturer fitted, insurance company should be able to tell this from the reg of the car. Mod's would be anything fitted to the car that isn't standard on the car, ie aftermarket wheel's, body kit or engine change's

Not to clued up on the auto wiper's, only have a boggo Zetec :( , think they adjust the speed themselves to the amount of rainfall. I know that my old Mk6 Fiesta the intermittent wipe speed could be adjusted by the lenght of time between turning it on then off, not sure if this work's on the auto type

Hopefully some-one will be along that know's more that I about the wiper's

Some insurance companies will ask you to declare factory fitted options. It was a nightmare on the MINI's I had because of the vast amount of bits you can add. It may be worth double checking.

Wipers from stealers are mega money. The fiesta pool car I had mine had the history in the glove box and at the last service there was an item for £48 for new wipers! The lease company somehow authorised that for wipers, but only allowed a pair of ditch finder special tyres to be fitted at a cost of £56! Still can't get me head round that one.

Hi , if you push the stick up into position 1 , this will activate auto wiper mode , you will also see on the stalk that there is a dial , normally this if for intermittant timing , however on auto wipers this is just for sensitivity only , high they will sweep with less rain , mine is on half way , hope this helps

Some insurance companies will ask you to declare factory fitted options.

+1, I had a fiesta climate with tech pack and had to declare it as an 'optional extra' - direct line wouldn't even cover me because they class optional extras as 'modifications' and i'm under 25! Was bonkers

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club