Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Illuminated Ignition Ring.

Richiemac

Cheers mate they do look thin but both the positives twisted together and sliced with the scotchlocks should be fine and as u say some electrical tape just to be double sure u cn have the spare scothlocks mate wnt need them all

cheers lenny any ideas wot these cables are for?? and if i wanted the ignition ring and footwell lights am i best to start with the loom suplied with the ignition ring fit that then splice into those for the footwell light feed? also wud i need to attch some sort of fused device??

cheers lenny any ideas wot these cables are for?? and if i wanted the ignition ring and footwell lights am i best to start with the loom suplied with the ignition ring fit that then splice into those for the footwell light feed? also wud i need to attch some sort of fused device??

Not sure what the connector is for mate, ill check the haynes at a later date and see what i can come up with,

as for connecting the footwell lights mate,

the easiest way would be to purchase the ignition light and tap in to the loom of it,

then run a new cable from the ignition light loom to each footwell light directly,

dont tap in to the footwell loom that is already there as it also leads to parts of the engine

and it is not recommended to send power to places that it is unknown what it actually does, as it may cause trouble in some areas.

as for the fuse, its not essential as the centre light is on a fuse already and the power is being brought from it, the lights all run on very low current so you dont need a bigger fuse neither,

but if you want you can purchase an inline fuse at 3amps but not really required mate.

any more questions just ask B)

Are there anyone that do green ones also is this only possible with mk2's as I have a mk1 hence why I would like a green one. Cheers guys

ok lenny few questions for you... Ive got the standard single dome light and i changed the bulb for a white LED bulb... so when the light dims it doesn't turn off completely, even when the car is off and immobilized... will this give me a flat battery?? at the minute when exiting the car i switch the dome light into the off position but its quite annoying lol.

and if i attach the ignition ring and footwell lights will they do the same or do they turn off completely??

did you say your friend has the black custom heater controls and white ignition ring in stock?? cant remember his eBay account lol

cheers for your consistent help lol

the reason your light stays on but only in a dim sense is because somethin got strained slightly when you were opening the casing. If you press your finger up against the lense the light will probably go off. The reason i know this is because ive done the same. It wont make your battery go flat as i dont touch mine at all. As what it will do with the other light im not sure

Are there anyone that do green ones also is this only possible with mk2's as I have a mk1 hence why I would like a green one. Cheers guys

As far as i am aware this will also fit the MK1 simply remove the rubber ring from around the ignition and replace it with this light ring mate,

his email address is fastfocuscustomparts@live.ie if you want to ask about purchasing a green one.B)

ok lenny few questions for you... Ive got the standard single dome light and i changed the bulb for a white LED bulb... so when the light dims it doesn't turn off completely, even when the car is off and immobilized... will this give me a flat battery?? at the minute when exiting the car i switch the dome light into the off position but its quite annoying lol.

and if i attach the ignition ring and footwell lights will they do the same or do they turn off completely??

did you say your friend has the black custom heater controls and white ignition ring in stock?? cant remember his ebay account lol

cheers for your consistent help lol

the led runs on a very low current compared to standard lights, it will not flatem your battery because

for example: you can power 1 led for 9 years from a single 9v Duracell battery

my guess is the bulb is taking longer to go out due to the slow use of power by the led bulb, its taking it longer to consume the power left in the cables,

or their is a problem with your 3 way switch in the light unit

also as John says remove the light unit and try pushing the cables back in to the unit.

also try opening and closing all doors incase the light is staying on due to the door not closed properly,

if none of that works id change for a different led bulb mate,

the problems you are experiencing at the momment wont effect the operation of the ignition ring or footwell lights,

as these connect to the loom and not the light unit itself

these parts tap in to the loom before it reaches the interior light and they all fade out 30seconds after the car has been locked or engine started so no problems,

his email is fastfocuscustomparts@live,ie

and his listings are here : Click Here

best to email him if you want a ignition light and get one reserved before they go on sale through eBay to gurantee yourself one,

that how i got mine, he will then agree a time to list it on eBay for you to purchase and send you the link to buy.

also from reading his listing he only has the climate controls in red grips at the momment but other colours expected to arrive soon.

cheers for the replys ill have a lil look but im sure it hapend with 2 other different leds i tried but as soon as a normal bulb goes bak in its fine... i thought it could be that leds dont dim down to nothing maybe so there will always b that glow... have you guys got an led bulb in ur dome light??

cheers for the replys ill have a lil look but im sure it hapend with 2 other different leds i tried but as soon as a normal bulb goes bak in its fine... i thought it could be that leds dont dim down to nothing maybe so there will always b that glow... have you guys got an led bulb in ur dome light??

I haven’t got one in the centre dome mate or the rear oneneither

But i have led’s in the lights either side of the centredome and in the lights above the sun visors and no problems with them, i didn’tbother with the led for the centre light as i like the way the standard bulbfades out. B)

ok so are u suggestin that the leds dont fade out completely??

Maybe it is just using the voltage remaining in the wires , i know my TV LED takes at least 2 minutes before it goes off if i switch power off on the socket, how long does it stay on for? , have you checked back once the mileage light goes off after about 10 minutes.

Yea mine stays dim after the doors lock but have checked it after a while and it does eventually go off

oohhh ok i don't know, i stick it in the garage lol i never leave the light on because i was worried id get a flat battery lolol shows how much i know lol well i have left it on now so i will check after dinner i guess

but i could do an hours drive and the light would still be dimmed?? confused.com lol

Have you got a multimeter to check the wiring , it could have a bad connection to still be pulling power .

Or

Once you have turned the car off , remove the light and see if it glows if you disconnect the wires , it could be a capacitor either in the Led or in the circuit and because the LED use's so little power its taking so much longer to discharge the capacitor , where as a bulb will burn off the energy stored alot faster.

I would say the actual power ford use to the curtesy lights is cut , then the fade is due to a capaitor draining to give the fade effect.But the LEDs your using use so little it takes much longer to drain the capacitor in the circuit.

Simple test try and wire it so the bulb is also in the circuit and see if the bulb then drains all the power , if it does then you know its a capacitor and it will not drain the battery as the power has been stopped as it should

oohhh ok i don't know, i stick it in the garage lol i never leave the light on because i was worried id get a flat battery lolol shows how much i know lol well i have left it on now so i will check after dinner i guess

but i could do an hours drive and the light would still be dimmed?? confused.com lol

Hi alkyz89. I have also fitted an LED festoon bulb to replace the stock bulb. I was worried about the LED staying on, albeit very dim when leaving the car. However, after checking several hours later, it does go out completely. After reading some of the posts on the forum, I am happy to leave it be as I reckon it is just using the residual current in the circuit as LED's need very little power compared to a filament bulb. Takes a bit of getting used to, though. lol. :)

• Like 1

thanks for all the replies people. as you can tell electrics is not my strong point by any means hense some of the stupid questions lol im good with my hands but when explaining im seem to struggle haha

will probably order the white ignition ring and get some white led footwell lights to match will let you all know how it goes. no doubt you guys will get asked alot more questions before you see a finished product lol

• Like 1

Thats what forums like these are all about mate. were all here to help each other out

sadly the green version isn't being made anymore. Is it difficult to change the LEDs?

Cheers!

sadly the green version isn't being made anymore. Is it difficult to change the LEDs?

Cheers!

thanks to the guys for helping i now have the climate control knobs fitted the ignition ring and footwell lighting all in place and working ill get pics up tomorrow sometime :)

thanks to the guys for helping i now have the climate control knobs fitted the ignition ring and footwell lighting all in place and working ill get pics up tomorrow sometime :)

Im sure it looks great arthur mate, What colour of controls, ignition ring and footwell lights did you buy?? looking foward to those pictures.B)

i recieved my red illuminated rocker switch this morning, have it fitted for the led's in the cup holders, so now i can swithc them on or off when the driving lights are on i can switch the cup holder lights off to save the life of the led's

changed to a red light rocker switch so as it lights up the cubby hole too when its on,

Image1197.jpg

Image1199.jpg

gutted cant find any1 selling the white ignition led :( one guy said the 30th of december... and as for the heater controls... no chance lol

post-8800-0-47084600-1322588280_thumb.jp

gutted cant find any1 selling the white ignition led :( one guy said the 30th of december... and as for the heater controls... no chance lol

as i said heres some pics though the phones camera isnt that great and doesnt do it justice post-8800-0-16437300-1322588270_thumb.jppost-8800-0-47084600-1322588280_thumb.jppost-8800-0-63481800-1322588288_thumb.jppost-8800-0-88232600-1322588293_thumb.jp

some decent pics with the digi camera and a 3rd console led fitted post-8800-0-48152400-1322928731_thumb.jppost-8800-0-83366400-1322928780_thumb.jppost-8800-0-44460300-1322928817_thumb.jp

some decent pics with the digi camera and a 3rd console led fitted post-8800-0-48152400-1322928731_thumb.jppost-8800-0-83366400-1322928780_thumb.jppost-8800-0-44460300-1322928817_thumb.jp

nice work mate... looking very sharp.

just out of curiosity, where did you get the s badge for the steering wheel?