Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Illuminated Ignition Ring.

Richiemac

some decent pics with the digi camera and a 3rd console led fitted post-8800-0-48152400-1322928731_thumb.jppost-8800-0-83366400-1322928780_thumb.jppost-8800-0-44460300-1322928817_thumb.jp

Looks excellent Arthur mate,

you made a great job of ot mate, you must be well happy with the results. B)

Looks excellent Arthur mate,

you made a great job of ot mate, you must be well happy with the results. B)

s badge from here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Fiesta-Focus-Mondeo-Zetec-S-Sticker-Decal-Badge-/160683745993?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item25697f62c9

and yeah lenny very happy with the result tidying the wiring up was the longest part and thanks guys for the help the ignition ring made life so much easier just tapping into that

• 3 months later...

Received mine last week but it was faulty. :( replacement arrived today, fitted and working brilliantly. Should make getting the key in the ignition a sight easier in the dark, and also looks very nice.

20120303_161006.jpg

20120303_161027.jpg

• Like 1

They look very good and i would have also fitted one if i had not had keyless start , nothing worse than trying to fine the ignition at night time as the interior light does not cover the key area

• Like 1

Very nice but i'm resisting temptation.

I've done enough faffing with my car for a while.

• Like 1

Very nice but i'm resisting temptation.

I've done enough faffing with my car for a while.

go on clive,

buy one mate, it will be 3 weeks before it arrives and you dont need to run it to the interior light supply,

i spliced mine in to the footwell light loom and works just the same B)

Image1371.jpg

Available in RED, BLUE or WHITE,

and they will fit most ford models not just the focus, they come pre wired with moulded fittings that filter the cables on the interior light, so if you dont have footwell lights you can splice in to the ignition ring feed too, so the end result will be no snipping of cables, a moulded plug in the interior light, run the cable down the driver A pillar in to the ignition surround, and splice the cable then run a feed to the footwell lights.

here is a link to the seller's shop on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/jooceloosener/m.html?afsrc=1&clk_rvr_id=320625615489&item=320844304833&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp5197.m570.l1313%26_nkw%3D320844304833%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1&_trksid=p4340.l2562

go on clive,

buy one mate, it will be 3 weeks before it arrives and you dont need to run it to the interior light supply,

i spliced mine in to the footwell light loom and works just the same B)

I don't have footwell lights :(

I'll hold off for a bit.

Just paid out for a radio on eBay so spent enough on the car this month.

You're all a bad influence on my wallet. :P

• Like 1

I didnt have footwell lights either but since buying the ring i do now are you tempted yet

• Like 1

LA LA LA LA LA - Not listening. :P

• Like 1

smiley-laughing015.gif

LA LA LA LA LA - Not listening. :P

Oh you rotten tease. :P

I must admit though, I had an ignition light on an old Honda and it does look very tidy.

I tend to put my ignition key in before I sit down as it's easier than fishing around behind the wheel.

As I have the tendency to say to people- it's tricky to find the hole when there's no hair around it. ;)

• Like 1

ordered my white one and got it shipped last week. Will go great with my red/white led interior (i hope!). Will be splicing the footwell lighting :)

• Like 1

Awesome little mod this - hate not seeing the ignition slot when its dark - suppose LHD cars face inside so ford never thought this would be needed. Don't help that there is the gap around the barrel - in the dark and you stick it in the wrong hole :blink:

Going to have a proper read of this thread tonight and see what i think.

Nice find

• Like 1

in the dark and you stick it in the wrong hole :blink:

No, you don't want to do that. :wacko: :P ;)

• Like 1

Ah, go on then, why not.

Ordered and on way.

God, my arm hurts from all the twisting.

• Like 1

Ah, go on then, why not.

Ordered and on way.

Wah Hey!! guntootsmiley.gif

Well you know what they say about if you can't beat them etc, etc, etc....

I'm justifying this mod on the grounds of practicality rather than just coz i think it looks nifty. ^_^

• Like 1

Ah, go on then, why not.

Ordered and on way.

Where did you order it from in the end? I want one also..lol

• Like 1

time to change to the illuminated ford owners club lol wont be hard to spot another member just have a peek and see if his knob glows or if he has a red.blue.or green ringpiece lol the illuminati do exist

time to change to the illuminated ford owners club lol wont be hard to spot another member just have a peek and see if his knob glows or if he has a red.blue.or green ringpiece lol the illuminati do exist

Lmao

• Like 1

have a peek and see if his knob glows or if he has a red.blue.or green ringpiece

Sounds like a bad night on the town, or a good one if you're into stranger things :P

• Like 1

:P

Lenny,

Just a couple of quick questions, where can i get the correct bulb holders for the footwell lights - so as to screw into the existing mounts, what ampage of wire to use, and do i run them in series or parallel from the ignition ring light feed?

Edited by Stoney871
  • Like 1

:P

Lenny,

Just a couple of quick questions, where can i get the correct bulb holders for the footwell lights - so as to screw into the existing mounts, what ampage of wire to use, and do i run them in series or parallel from the ignition ring light feed?

Hi mate,

you can run them in series to save weight in the car, fit one to the end of the cable, then splice the drivers side one in to the cable and then splice the cable to the ignition light, id purchase 4metres of cable just to be safe but you would probably get it done with 2metres, ill add links to the items.

the blue wire on the ignition light loom is positive,

two of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290621508779?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp4712.m570.l1313%26_nkw%3D290621508779%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

2 of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Twin-Core-10A-amp-12V-Black-Red-DC-Power-Cable-per-2m-/170680456683?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27bd5915eb

and depending on what colour of light you want in the car, i have fitted 5 smd w5w bulbs in red

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-5-SMD-LED-501-T10-W5W-Push-wedge-360-HID-Red-Sidelight-number-plate-bulb-/220953788478?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3371df403e

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club