Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford F Reader Scanner

rugrat2

It can reset airbag codes. As long as you use it with a modified elm cable if you have it for 500000 kbps then yes it should work

Thats the one with the switch on the side,not got that one just the new ELM one. :angry:

will this do it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181457164970?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Thats good,i have 2 ELM327 now and a op-com for my old vauxhall.

I hope this will do 100% the airbag and stuff like that.

Thanks James.

If you have the airbag light it will detect the codes you can zero read all the airbag values such as resistance at each airbag... I should be able to assist when you get that far to see if we can narrow down your issue.

• Like 1

If you have the airbag light it will detect the codes you can zero read all the airbag values such as resistance at each airbag... I should be able to assist when you get that far to see if we can narrow down your issue.

Thanks a lot.

Ok after having a message from the eBay person about the link i put on here he says it

won't reset airbag light,i do know a bit about these as i have a ELM327 and a OPCOM.

I don't see any option on forscan.

My OPCOM was spot on as you could do loads more ( codes/airbag/abs/code keys and more)

I have reset the airbag light with forscan and my modified elm cable. As I was testing it in between taking it to th electrician. Unless the chip in that device or the included software within that package doesn't support it, forscan does. Forscan will scan all modules and get you to flick from medium to high and when you want to reset them a you reset the high or medical then flick to the other.

Although this was a while ago, and a lot happened since then I'm 99% sure I have definitely reset the airbag light with my code elm and doeacab

I have reset the airbag light with forscan and my modified elm cable. As I was testing it in between taking it to th electrician. Unless the chip in that device or the included software within that package doesn't support it, forscan does. Forscan will scan all modules and get you to flick from medium to high and when you want to reset them a you reset the high or medical then flick to the other.

Although this was a while ago, and a lot happened since then I'm 99% sure I have definitely reset the airbag light with my code elm and doeacab

How i look at it that it must be modified for a reason and my normal one can do all codes as you know.

The words what the chap said was

''first he said no then another message saying i don't know so can't say yes''

I have a nice few software to use with the ELM327 but don't know if there is one out there thats as

good as the OPCOM

Forscan is very detailed, many for the price of the adapter and open nature of the software will be surprised

Forscan is very detailed, many for the price of the adapter and open nature of the software will be surprisebox.

I'm going to look at these FORD F-SUPER 2 as 3 places i looked at it says it does all and not a modified item.

ABS/AIRBAG/ALL CODES and loads more.

........James you have beed a great help..........Thanks

No worries mate

I read one of your post going back a while where you were testing or trying some software out.

Did you ever sort the best one's out.

Which post are you referring to? And sorry I haven't replied yet not had time to sit down without meds distracting my train of thought

Which post are you referring to? And sorry I haven't replied yet not had time to sit down without meds distracting my train of thought

Its going back a while,it was going through the elm327 and stuff.

I had my switcher elm come and guess what,it don't work,tried it on ( forscan/elmconfig/scantool and a few more )

Just says can't find elm,my normal one works on all 3 and a few more on com 6.

These modified one's should work like my normal one but when you switch it go to another list.

What drivers did you use? It can be a bit tricky to get the installation done sometimes os dependant.

They came with the tool on a disc,there are about 10 elm type tools and you click onto the one you have and comes up with the software and drivers for that elm,forscan and elmconfig that i already have.

And the drivers are.....silicon laboratories CP210 X USB TO UART BRIDGE/ VCP DRIVERS.for all windows.

i use and works

forscan / scantool / pcm scan / scanmaster...these work on my elm327

pcm scan (by palmer) is amazing with loads on and scanmaster is good,very complex,way above my head.

Might get a copy of some of that software for review purposes! So it's not working at all?

Might get a copy of some of that software for review purposes! So it's not working at all?

See all i wanted from this scanner is 1 main thing was to read the other block of info like airbag light and stuff.

My normal ELM still reads a lot off the programs above as you know.

If there was a scanner just for the other info i would have got that one

edit....Think i have found the problem,the elm light comes on but on the device manager there is no

com port connected but there is when i put my normal one on,when i get the u.s.b. end and hold it on

one side hard sometimes it will pick it up,its not drivers or software as i have tried it on 2 computers

and the same problem on the 'com port'.sent them message for re-fund./another one.

Sent it back free post so aint cost me a thing and full refund now.

Is it right the fiesta is............HS.CAN BUS and the other i want is MS.CAN BUS.

Can you just get a normal MS.CAN BUS like i have with the HS one that i use now with no switch.

I don't think you can get it as standard wired for high speed which is why you need the switch.

Have you got a replacement on order?

I don't think you can get it as standard wired for high speed which is why you need the switch.

Have you got a replacement on order?

No,i would like one if i can get one around the same price.

Checking on eBay there are 3 places selling these modified ones and all the same address just

another name,can't find a good place as yet so will look around.

So the high speed one will read airbag/abs etc,think i read that somewhere saying what it reads.

I have a old elm which the pins came loose so might have a mess with a switch.

I don't think you need the 500 for the airbag codes just the switched adapter the 500 is needed for instrument cluster updates though beyond that it will still read codes. I previously sold my spare cable so can't even offer you that one.

I would suggest just pick up another as most of them are fine and it's just driver issues

So the end of the day you aint going to gain a lot having the switch 500.

The thing is i would get another one but all the ones on eBay are the same person as when you go onto

the contact details its the same palce, just not the same person.

Yeah the 500 will make no real difference. It could be just a single bad unit mate though, I would say go for any other and if I can help install the drivers I will. Alternatively just buy the parts and wire it yourself?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club