Do Not Sell My Personal Information

S Max ST

S-Max Bob

With talk of the Mk4 Mondeo ST why have we never got a S max ST ? Vauxhall have always done it with the Zalfia GSI & VXR and they seem to be popular :rolleyes: well if you like that sort of thing ;) we have the engine and a good chassis i say go for it :P

With talk of the Mk4 Mondeo ST why have we never got a S max ST ? Vauxhall have always done it with the Zalfia GSI & VXR and they seem to be popular :rolleyes: well if you like that sort of thing ;) we have the engine and a good chassis i say go for it :P

That is not true Bobbie,

we did have a smax ST, pity it was not constructed by ford but by Hairy. This beast was a ~400 bhp with enormous torque. The thing even on paper looked really frightening.

Hairy informs me there are rumours in ford to have a real performance smax with a number of engines to choose. Would you mind sending your email address with PM, I would like to suggest you something. I feel the fiver me and my friends are sharing. ;)

If not Hairy will be here next week and will compliment my post.

there has been much discussion all over the net about an RS-MAX, and the potential of the existing package to be upgraded.

A few people have pushed the 300bhp barrier with the 2.5T, and should be applauded for the determination, if you have read the Ford press you will see that there was/is a very very quick SMAX belonging to Hairy - it is not my tale to tell, so I will leave it up to him as to what he wants to say on the matter.

From my own individual investigations into the SMAX chassis I am 90% sure that there is space on the 'plan' for a 4x4 option, which with a big engine up front would be essential in my opinion to put the power down in a stable and drivable way.

I do how ever bow to those with 1st hand experience in all these matters = I am still very much on a learning curve.

When I have more time I am happy to post my thoughts on what for me is a now a long term project of buying a second hand 2.5T and 'playing with it' when time and resources allow - this may take me a while given the current work/life 'balance'. I use the term with the heaviest sense of irony I can muster.

We will see how things progress...

there has been much discussion all over the net about an RS-MAX, and the potential of the existing package to be upgraded.

A few people have pushed the 300bhp barrier with the 2.5T, and should be applauded for the determination, if you have read the Ford press you will see that there was/is a very very quick SMAX belonging to Hairy - it is not my tale to tell, so I will leave it up to him as to what he wants to say on the matter.

From my own individual investigations into the SMAX chassis I am 90% sure that there is space on the 'plan' for a 4x4 option, which with a big engine up front would be essential in my opinion to put the power down in a stable and drivable way.

I do how ever bow to those with 1st hand experience in all these matters = I am still very much on a learning curve.

When I have more time I am happy to post my thoughts on what for me is a now a long term project of buying a second hand 2.5T and 'playing with it' when time and resources allow - this may take me a while given the current work/life 'balance'. I use the term with the heaviest sense of irony I can muster.

We will see how things progress...

Come on, promises we have seen already :D Get on the track (reserve you the talk to your wife though) <where is the smiley for escape>

4x4/AWD........well thats another story ;) what ever happened to the ford 4x4 cars? was the 2.0 mk1 mondeo the last :blink: ???

not counting the Kuga, its a jeepie thing :lol:

4x4/AWD........well thats another story ;) what ever happened to the ford 4x4 cars? was the 2.0 mk1 mondeo the last :blink: ???

exactly

I must admit I'm surprised the new Focus RS doesnt use AWD - Ford know do know to do it rather well...

this all harks back to the Volvo heritage of the chassis on the SMAX/Galaxy and Mondy as far as I can find out

suppose the mk6 RS2000 4x4 ended the same time 96/97

But anyway should we should be looking for a s-max T5-R rather than a ST :P

suppose the mk6 RS2000 4x4 ended the same time 96/97

But anyway should we should be looking for a s-max T5-R rather than a ST :P

basically, yes

interestingly there is a rare beast, a volvo XC90 V8, the SMAX as far as I know uses this chassis.

questions are:

1. would the SMAX floor plan accommodate an AWD system? from what I can make out, 'yes'.

2. whats the biggest engine you can get in an SMAX? the Yamaha derived V8 in the XC90 (and new S80) might...

basically, yes

interestingly there is a rare beast, a volvo XC90 V8, the SMAX as far as I know uses this chassis.

questions are:

1. would the SMAX floor plan accommodate an AWD system? from what I can make out, 'yes'.

2. whats the biggest engine you can get in an SMAX? the Yamaha derived V8 in the XC90 (and new S80) might...

think that you would loose the movable middle seats with the tunnel and also the head room in the back row even if is possible to keep them ? and as for a V8 not sure you could shoehorn one of those in <_<

I think the S MAX with have a face lift next year with the poss of a new engine !

I think the S MAX with have a face lift next year with the poss of a new engine !

apparently so... I'll b watching with interest