Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Battery Flat

HeadShoT2009

My car been of the road for a while, been starting it often then went away for 3 weeks, came back started it ran it for about half an hour 45 minutes and now 2 weeks later it won't start. Checked the battery voltage and it is at a dead 9.20 Volts and the light on top of the battery is red. Does this mean I need a new battery or does it just need charging. Thanks in advance

My car been of the road for a while, been starting it often then went away for 3 weeks, came back started it ran it for about half an hour 45 minutes and now 2 weeks later it won't start. Checked the battery voltage and it is at a dead 9.20 Volts and the light on top of the battery is red. Does this mean I need a new battery or does it just need charging. Thanks in advance

replace they rarely recharge when totally flat you could try it i suppose you might be lucky if its a few years old youre as well just changing it

How much are they roughly, also I need to fing the charger for my jump pack before I can charge it the only method I can use to try and charge it is to get the car strted and leave it running as I don't have an actual charger.

How much are they roughly, also I need to fing the charger for my jump pack before I can charge it the only method I can use to try and charge it is to get the car strted and leave it running as I don't have an actual charger.

it would take hours trying to charge it that way do you have a farmers autocare near you if so they do batteries around 45 quid for silver calcium just make sure it is silver calcium ford are about 100+ same with Halfords dont accept a lead acid battery

Whats wrong with lead acid

I got a new calcium battery from 'Racemodz' in Manchester. They are on eBay. I received it within 24 hours. Excellent. It was only £38 including delivery.

I got a new calcium battery from 'Racemodz' in Manchester. They are on ebay. I received it within 24 hours. Excellent. It was only £38 including delivery.

its well known lead acid doesnt work with smart charge which all fords have and most cars today also have smartcharge puts higher voltage up to 18 v into the battery when cold and reduces that as the electrolyte warms up a lead acid battery would boilo eventually as well as cause electrical gremlins with the car ford recommend silver calcium and so do all the experts lead acid wont last too long and prevents the battery charging correctly

Borrowed a battery charger, got the battery out as it raining, now how do I charge it just connect it up, as I know you used to have to take some caps of so they didn't explode but there doesn't seem to be anything removeable on my battery.

yep just connect theres vent holes on the side of the batteru usually like a small t piece

Just read Halfords website about charging batteries and it said make sure the charger is suitable for the battery, what does that mean. The othe thing is I'm guesing I need it set to 12v not 6v, but do I put it on fast or slow.

• 2 months later...

I know I asked this ages ago but I put the battery on a trickle charge as I have been a bit busy and been using another car, also I had to repair an body earth bolt as I went to clean the earth points and the bolt was so rusty that it snaped. Anyway the battery is now holding at 11.8v and has been of charge about a day, just fixed the earth today cleaned the reast up connected the battery and it sound's like it turn's to begin with but then it stops. I have noticed that even before you turn it over the battery light is on, oil light is on and the engine managment light is on. Has anyone got any ideas, thanks in advance.

as stated in the original post the battery is goosed 11.8 is not enough voltage as the car is trying to start that will drop to about 8volts nowhere near enough to start the car the battery should after a day show 12.5 volts at least

I know I asked this ages ago but I put the battery on a trickle charge as I have been a bit busy and been using another car, also I had to repair an body earth bolt as I went to clean the earth points and the bolt was so rusty that it snaped. Anyway the battery is now holding at 11.8v and has been of charge about a day, just fixed the earth today cleaned the reast up connected the battery and it sound's like it turn's to begin with but then it stops. I have noticed that even before you turn it over the battery light is on, oil light is on and the engine managment light is on. Has anyone got any ideas, thanks in advance.

this is normal. you need a new battery mate. any lead calcium or silver calcium battery will be fine. I paid £60 for a lead calcium delivered not so long ago - i opted for the diesel battery as its larger capacity and provides more cranking power.

my understanding is that lead and silver calcium need to be charged at a higher voltage to fully charge them. charging them with a normal car battery charger is ok but it wont take them up to full charge

Is there a big difference between lead calcium and silver calcium

probably just the price lol.

Does the same go for calcium-calcium like this battery, if so and this is the same ah and cca as my current I may get this if no one has any other suggestion

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Ford_Focus_1.6_2001/p/car-parts/car-electrics-and-car-lighting/electrical/car-battery/?444770631&1&283018d5e5433bbb471ab67ad1af5b4e6e08b589&000020

I can't see anything on the Bosch or excide one saying either silver calcium,lead calcium or calcium calcium

Does the same go for calcium-calcium like this battery, if so and this is the same ah and cca as my current I may get this if no one has any other suggestion

http://www.eurocarpa...6e08b589

I can't see anything on the bosch or excide one saying either silver calcium,lead calcium or calcium calcium

Im not sure to be honest, but i would think so?

the Bosch s5 is a silver, not sure what the s3 is though

Argh it's so confusing, why don't they actually state the construction. I'm not sure what to do now

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club