Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.6 Tdci Remap

Bingooo27

As it says in the title, I'm wondering has anyone actually had a remap? and if so, what were the gains? I've tried searching the forums but it seems to be people who are all talk. Mine is getting remapped tomorrow morning.

A remap would of been my first choice but at the time the tdci 95ps could not be remapped, not sure it can be done now.

Instead I fitted a tuning box and achieved similar results

I think Superchips might be close, following some conversations I've had with them.

I guess the gains would be 5bhp or more than the 90bhp version, so I would guess 120 plus.

Well I'm heading up here very soon. I'll let everyone know how it goes. I'd be happy enough getting up to 115BHP.

Looking foward to seeing the results on this mate,

i reckon you will be runnong 115-120Bhp after this and if you are,

i cant wait to get mine done B)

112bhp but he expects it to go up further with time. Every dyno run he done after went up further. The torque went up by 26nm. To drive its far better, first and second gear are no longer dead and it continues to pull right up to four and a half thousand revs.

That's not a bad gain. Where did you go to get it mapped? Also is that the 95ps with dpf model?

Was also wondering whether it was the 95ps (DPF) version or 90ps (no DPF)

I've heard many sources say they weren't able to remap the 95ps version when it was released. It'd be interesting to know it's now possible.

Do you get any excessive smoke and have you noticed any MPG rises?

A less restrictive exhaust should compliment the car nicely, but it'd need to be remapped again.

I only got it done earlier, and I haven't exactly being trying to check the economical gains of it. It's the 90bhp version. And no, no extra smoke. Autotune in ballymena, northern Ireland. My next move is a different turbo.

I only got it done earlier, and I haven't exactly being trying to check the economical gains of it. It's the 90bhp version. And no, no extra smoke. Autotune in ballymena, northern Ireland. My next move is a different turbo.

It's likely you'll create more turbo lag if you're thinking about just getting a bigger one. I'd recommend a new exhaust, and possibly a new air panel filter before changing the turbo.

A Decat pipe would be ideal and were legal for diesels, however from 2012 they'll be MOT fails. At least you don't have a DPF so you already have less restriction, which increases turbo response, a new exhaust would help this further.

A new turbo may also require a new clutch and other components, depending how far you wanted to go.

Here's some inspiration, older model but similar (maybe the same?) engine.

http://www.tdocuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5213

Good luck whatever you decide to do anyway!

I didn't say a bigger one. The guy said about milling out the standard turbo and changing the wheel inside. He says it won't require a remap, but will make a world of a difference

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club