Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Focus Ownerh

chrisbrew

Hello I have just bought a 2002 Focus 1.6 zetec ghia. I have noticed a couple of problems since bringing it home. When I have the wipers on intermittent they dont work. I can hear the relay clicking but nothing happens. Also when coming to a stop the engine seems to have a very low idle speed causing the car to shake a bit but not cutting out. Having never owned one, is this normal? Not sure if this model has heated mirrors if so will they come on with the heated rear/front screens? Any help would be appreciated! :D

a focus newbie here too, personally that does'nt sound right as for the heated mirrors im not sure if your car has them or not but on my 08 focus reading the book states they come on when the rear heated screen is pressed , I dont think there is an individual button for them.

Heated mirrors should come on with the heated rear window.

The idle issue may be due to a lazy Idle Control Valve (also called an Air By-Pass Valve).

The wiper issue sounds like you either need to replace the relay or the control stalk.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club