Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retro-Fit Usb........ It Works!!

mikester

This looks interesting, do these parts work with the basic 6 button headunit without the nice matrix display? Or would I need to update that also as part of the retrofit?

I cannot say for certain but I believe you would need to upgrade those too.

I cannot say for certain but I believe you would need to upgrade those too.

Thanks, not having much luck on eBay finding a seller who knows the difference between the 2 units!

• 2 months later...

I have just bough a 2009 fiesta. It only comes with bluetooth and AUX but no USB. So i started my search to find out how easy it would be to add a USB port to my car. This thread has now given me a bit of hope!!

I am still strugleing to find the parts required but have sent a request through to fordpartsuk.com and hopefully they will be able to source the module and required cable for me.

what i really want to know is the level of dificulty involved in adding the USB port? Other that the required software update that needs to be done by ford is the rest of it fairly simple. i really miss being able to control my ipod from my steering colum :(

Last time I checked with fordpartsuk (November) the module was £313.45 (you're also looking at £65 for the cable, fascia and silver cover)

Last time I checked with fordpartsuk (November) the module was £313.45 (you're also looking at £65 for the cable, fascia and silver cover)

Thanks for this info! sound exspensive but seems to be my only option if i want a USB connection. What is the difficulty level in fitting the equipment?

I've just done this and the parts were £60.85 from ford parts plus £85 for a second hand module from eBay.

Depending how quickly you want to do this, you can save a search on eBay so they will check once a day and email you any results. I searched for 8M5T-19C112 and ended up with a 8M5T-19C112-AP which works perfectly.

Thanks for this info! sound exspensive but seems to be my only option if i want a USB connection. What is the difficulty level in fitting the equipment?

It was very simple to remove the panels although a little daunting at first - the hardest bit is ensuring you have access to a Ford VCM and the IDS software to change the car config to enable the new functionality.

I've just done this and the parts were £60.85 from ford parts plus £85 for a second hand module from ebay.

Depending how quickly you want to do this, you can save a search on ebay so they will check once a day and email you any results. I searched for 8M5T-19C112 and ended up with a 8M5T-19C112-AP which works perfectly.

That sounds gud! Im not in any massive rush as if its going to be £300+ then it wud only be when i cud afford it anyway! But i am definatle going to save a search on eBay because that was seems alot more affordable! Was ford quite willing to do the software update or did u have to pay for this

That sounds gud! Im not in any massive rush as if its going to be £300+ then it wud only be when i cud afford it anyway! But i am definatle going to save a search on ebay because that was seems alot more affordable! Was ford quite willing to do the software update or did u have to pay for this

I found a local independent ford garage who unexpectedly didn't charge me, then again it was only a ten minute job - plus the guy was into cars and seemed interested that it would be possible. However, from what other people have said, a lot of ford garages will refuse point blank to do it and some may charge their minimum labour rate. All depends how lucky you are or if you know someone who has access to the hardware/software needed to change the config.

I found a local independent ford garage who unexpectedly didn't charge me, then again it was only a ten minute job - plus the guy was into cars and seemed interested that it would be possible. However, from what other people have said, a lot of ford garages will refuse point blank to do it and some may charge their minimum labour rate. All depends how lucky you are or if you know someone who has access to the hardware/software needed to change the config.

Well when i do fit the USB i will take it back to the ford garage i got it from and see if they will do it for me

That sounds gud! Im not in any massive rush as if its going to be £300+ then it wud only be when i cud afford it anyway! But i am definatle going to save a search on ebay because that was seems alot more affordable! Was ford quite willing to do the software update or did u have to pay for this

Patience is a virtue - if you're quick enough on eBay they're £75-90 ;)

thats probably gonna b my best bet! im just waiting to hear back from my local ford garage to see if they would perform the software update!

Still waiting for eBay but im starting to think that patience is a virtue i dont have!! lol

I have been in touch with fordpartsuk and they have advised that the hardware below is what i require for the retro fit.

Fiesta 2009-Module bluetooth BT/VC+ USB Connect (with Voice Activated Module English)

Part Number: 1754709(AU7T-19C112-AT)

£225.69

Fiesta 2009-Centre Console Cover BT/VC Phone Interface + USB Connect

Part Number: 1572824(QTY1)

£3.17

I am now quite tempted to just pay the higher price to get these parts.

My only problem iws the software update with the IDS! I have contacted ford direct and 2 garages that a near all 3 are adamant that it isn't possible and refuse to even attemp a software update if i get the parts! IDo you know of anyone but ford that have access to the software and hardware required to perform this update?

Still waiting for ebay but im starting to think that patience is a virtue i dont have!! lol

I have been in touch with fordpartsuk and they have advised that the hardware below is what i require for the retro fit.

Fiesta 2009-Module Bluetooth BT/VC+ USB Connect (with Voice Activated Module English)

Part Number: 1754709(AU7T-19C112-AT)

£225.69

Fiesta 2009-Centre Console Cover BT/VC Phone Interface + USB Connect

Part Number: 1572824(QTY1)

£3.17

I am now quite tempted to just pay the higher price to get these parts.

My only problem iws the software update with the IDS! I have contacted ford direct and 2 garages that a near all 3 are adamant that it isn't possible and refuse to even attemp a software update if i get the parts! IDo you know of anyone but ford that have access to the software and hardware required to perform this update?

Yep...

Nathan over to you mate

• 1 month later...

Bumping this thread as 2 of those part numbers were wrong. Have included the correct ones now smile.gif

Hi guys, does anyone know where these parts can be obtained? Would it be a scrapyard? Or are they available in any shops or online??

Cheers fellas

Hi guys, does anyone know where these parts can be obtained? Would it be a scrapyard? Or are they available in any shops or online??

Cheers fellas

your local ford dealer will be able to get them - these will be extortionate prices though...

then your other options would be a scrappy or eBay but would be unlikely that they'll be on there

Cheers fellas

Parts from Ford will be around £475. As has been said a breaker is your best bet. They do occasionally come up on eBay. PM me if you're struggling and need help.

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this thread as 2 of those part numbers were wrong. Have included the correct ones now smile.gif

Heya,

I dont suppose anyone knows where to get this part from? My ford doesnt have it in stock and it'll take them about a month to get it! :(

1633151 - Fiesta 2010-Wiring BT/VC Phone Interface + USB Connect 1710952

Heya,

I dont suppose anyone knows where to get this part from? My ford doesnt have it in stock and it'll take them about a month to get it! :(

1633151 - Fiesta 2010-Wiring BT/VC Phone Interface + USB Connect1710952

It usually takes my dealer a week to get it in (and that's from Germany) - I have 1 in at the moment you can have for cost + postage. Alternatively this cable also works as a cheap, temporary option but you just have it dangling in the glovebox rather than 'factory fit' look by gearstick. BTW it looks like the seller has whacked the price up, they usually do this when they're out of stock (it was £1.10 before) so look for cable elsewhere or check when they're getting it back in.

Hi Nath,

How much do you want for the cable inc p&p?

I'd be chuffed if i could buy it from you! ;)

I have managed to get a BT/USB module, display panel, stereo headunit, 12 button fascia/control unit and USB/AUX-In panel and (when it arrives later) the BT mic roof panel all for a measly £180 from a scrappy :)

And my local Ford will programme it (with IDS) for the cost of labour

And my local Ford will programme it (with IDS) for the cost of labour

Yes but did you ask how much that is? :P

It's about £60 an hour but the guy didn't seem to think it would take that long/cost that much. Besides I dunno of any smaller local places that have IDS? :huh:

Any tips for finding the module? I am trying Ebay atleast twice daily for 3 weeks, only saw one that sold for £168!

Get on the phone to as many breakers yards as you can. They only come up on eBay maybe once or twice a month. It has taken me 50 phonecalls before I found one once.