Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retro-Fit Usb........ It Works!!

mikester

I concur with iNath, I had to chase up about 15 breakers before I found one with a S1600 that was totalled, EXCEPT for its stereo and it's accoutrements ;)

Haha, thats funny - I got mine off of a totaled S1600 as well! :P

Does anyone know whats so special about the Ford USB Cable going from the Module to the Center console? Its looks like a normal Mini USB to USB to me..!

• 2 months later...

1633151 - Fiesta 2010-Wiring BT/VC Phone Interface + USB Connect 1710952

imag0243nk.th.jpg

Then a dealer or person with access to Ford VCM + IDS software with a few mins to spare.

If you have any questions ask away or PM me smile.gif

Hiya,

Just a quick question - With this particular cable and the bluetooth USB Module, is it possible to use a normal USB-A to mini USB then buy a female to female USB Adapter so that it changes the connection type on the USB-a side? (If that makes sense..) or do I HAVE to buy that cable from Ford?

Hiya,

Just a quick question - With this particular cable and the Bluetooth USB Module, is it possible to use a normal USB-A to mini USB then buy a female to female USB Adapter so that it changes the connection type on the USB-a side? (If that makes sense..) or do I HAVE to buy that cable from Ford?

You can use THIS cable (when it's back in stock, usually £1.10) and I can confirm it works with the following restriction. The USB input end (ie when you plug your memory stick in) on the Ford cable is a custom mold that fits perfectly in to the plastic housing down by the gear stick. This is not and so will not fit, you could just leave it dangling in the glovebox or try and come up with another solution.

Looks good to me. And I believe it should, but I've only tried it the other way round (activated it for someone before their USB module arrived, old one continued to work fine)

You can update before swapping modules around? In that case does anyone know someone that can update my IDS around gloucestershire?

You can update before swapping modules around? In that case does anyone know someone that can update my IDS around gloucestershire?

You can indeed, PM Lez on here.

You can indeed, PM Lez on here.

Hey I'm new, just registered and I'm looking to add a bluetooth unit with USB to a standard ford fiesta 2009 head unit.

What is it that we have to ask a ford garage to do exactly, I understand they will need to have a Ford VCM + IDS diagnostics unit and software but what do they need to change?

What was the part code for the USB connector for modules before the micro USB connector?

I've got an AM module.

Never bought one I'm afraid (I stick to mini USB type) you local dealer parts counter should be able to advise :)

Damn damn damn damn. My local dealers are useless

I had a feeling that would be your next reply!

I had a feeling that would be your next reply!

I went in for a software update to stop the skipping on my CDs a while back. Ended up taking three hours!

• 5 months later...

Hi guys i've been looking for a module for a while and unfortunately on eBay are models with this number: 8M5T-19G488
for example

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-BLUETOOTH-VOICE-CONNECTIVITY-CONTROL-HANDS-FREE-MODULE-8M5T-19G488-AN-/140942914138?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20d0da325a

Do you have any idea if they are going to work?

I tried to find modules with our scrapies but unfortunately they had no clue about it... and they advised me to contact my dealer. I did it and guess what I ROFLed big time. They said that they will have to replace the whole stereo system to make it work with usb... Sadly this is the 2nd time they make me lough at them. The previous time was when i had problems with the front suspension bushes and etc. Their way to fix it was to grease all bushes and bolts over the dust protectors :lol:. I drove the car 5times to the workshop and 5times they confirmed the car is repaired, which was a big fat lie. So I went to another mechanic who replace what was needed to be replaced like suspension arms, stabilizers, antirollbar bushes, top strut mountings and friction bearings. All of those items were soft as cheese. Then I gave the bill to the dealer and i got my money with their apologies...

Sorry for offtopic

P.S. I'm from Denmark, dealer is Andersenford A/S. Stay away from them! Car is still in guarantee till end of may this year ;)

P.S.S I'm also struggling to find theese

1497339 - Fiesta 2010-Control Assy Headphone Volume 3.5MM BT/VC Phone Interface + USB Connect [far right in pic] 1715190
1572824 - Fiesta 2010-Centre Console Cover BT/VC Phone Interface + USB Connect [middle in pic]

1633151 - Fiesta 2010-Wiring BT/VC Phone Interface + USB Connect 1710952

Thank you in advance

Kind regards

Hi,

I'm also new to the forum. I have just ordered these parts through my local Ford dealer in Northampton. I think I may have sourced a suitable module but wont know until it arrives. Can your Ford dealer in Denmark? You'll struggle to find them anywhere else I think.

Regards,

Alex

Ehm I was suspecting that ford have made something strange and guess what i removed the panel under the glove box and guess what ive found TREASURE!

post-42046-0-70737300-1365517104_thumb.jpost-42046-0-27400200-1365517125_thumb.j

I guess I will need only the usb cable and IDS update?

Kind regards

Looks like the correct connection for the USB loom. Lucky boy!!

Cheers, well i was really suspicious. I bought the car from the showroom. I was looking at some catalogs there and was written that for this version "trend" there should be an usb connection too but there isn't so i asked them and they said that the catalog is wrong. oO

I wont be surprised if i dont need IDS update.. Hmm but another thing makes me a bit confused, when i tried to play music via bluetooth i was unable.

P.S. I wonder what inath thinks bout it as pro expert ;)

Kind regards

Well all the best with it... i hope it works. Update if you get it working!

I tried to find an adapter or cable in the local shops to give it a try but i failed... Tomo I'm leaving to Milan for a week. I ordered cable online so hopefully it will arrive when i come back.

Kind regards

Ehm I was suspecting that ford have made something strange and guess what i removed the panel under the glove box and guess what ive found TREASURE!

attachicon.gifroflford2.jpgattachicon.gifroflford1.jpg

I guess I will need only the usb cable and IDS update?

Kind regards

P.S. I wonder what inath thinks bout it as pro expert ;)

Won't work unfortunately, that port is only for dealers to update the firmware. You need a module that states bluetooth Voice Connectivity & USB.

Here is my table showing the module numbers (it's the 2nd half you're interested in)

bluetoothmodules.png

Cheers inath, you just made me sad panda :) what do you think abouit this: http://www.ebay.it/itm/Modulo-bluetooth-Novero-RX-42-mod-8M5T-19C112-EP-con-USB-origininale-Ford-/121091829046?pt=Altro_Car_Audio&hash=item1c31a2ad36

will it work properly I might snipe it while im here ;)

Thanks in advance

Kind regards