Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retro-Fit Usb........ It Works!!

mikester

Cheers inath, you just made me sad panda :) what do you think abouit this: http://www.ebay.it/itm/Modulo-bluetooth-Novero-RX-42-mod-8M5T-19C112-EP-con-USB-origininale-Ford-/121091829046?pt=Altro_Car_Audio&hash=item1c31a2ad36

will it work properly I might snipe it while im here ;)

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

Not a part number I'm familiar with, but it's in the right range. Could check it in the parts catalogue on Friday when I'm home if it's not too late.

Otherwise... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130886286856&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:1123

Not a part number I'm familiar with, but it's in the right range. Could check it in the parts catalogue on Friday when I'm home if it's not too late.

Otherwise... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130886286856&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:1123

Thanks again inath, i saw this advert too but seller doesent offer international postage :( Im from Denmark

Kind regards

Has anybody had any experience with one of these? It is from a company called "Advanced In-car Entertainment". It (apparently) supports bluetooth, voice control and USB. It does have the USB connection and the connectors for the ford loom fit it perfectly.

Images are in my media section - can't upload them on here for some reason!!!!

Wow, uploading images is a nightmare!

I'm gutted! I spoke to the guy who seemed pretty sure it would work with the Fiesta but also added it could be returned hassle free. I'll be paying Ford £320 for one at this rate!

Forgive me all, I'm not actually from the UK, currently in Aus but just bought a used 2010 Fiesta and the bluetooth audio doesn't work. I'm racking my brain trying to figure it out.

I've got the LX model (CL < LX < Zetec). I dont have the USB port but I do have bluetooth for my phone which properly makes/receives calls via the car bluetooth (iPhone 5, iOS 6).

I wanted Bluetooth audio and I took my car to the dealer but after two attempts they said "your car isn't capable of streaming music via bluetooth". When I showed them the ford mobile connectivity website showing that iPhone 5 plays bluetooth audio on all Fiesta made after 2008 they said "you need to take this up with Ford". Ford wasn't helpful as the lady on the other end didn't really know what I was talking about with BT streaming of media.

Is it because my module only has bluetooth and i need a module with USB + Bluetooth? I don't need the USB functionality, I really just want the wireless streaming!!

If anyone can help with this I'd really appreciate it. Broke student too so these retrofit upgrades costs 100s of bucks won't work :(

Thanks!

Is it because my module only has bluetooth and i need a module with USB + Bluetooth? I don't need the USB functionality, I really just want the wireless streaming!!!

Correct - you need a bluetooth & USB module for bluetooth audio streaming (not sure if USB needs activating on the car for audio streaming to work once the correct module is installed)

Not a part number I'm familiar with, but it's in the right range. Could check it in the parts catalogue on Friday when I'm home if it's not too late

Hi inath I hope you didn't forget to check the part number ending on EP ?

Kind regards

Hi inath I hope you didn't forget to check the part number ending on EP ?

Kind regards

Would I ever forget...? ;)

That model was used on the following cars:

• From: 07-12-2009 To: 30-08-2010 S-Max/Galaxy 2006-, Bluetooth/VC + Info + Navigation, Voice Activated Module - Italian
  • From: 07-12-2009 To: 30-08-2010 S-Max/Galaxy 2006-, BT/VC Phone Interface + USB Connect, Voice Activated Module - Italian
  • From: 07-12-2009 To: 30-08-2010 Mondeo 2007-, BT/VC Phone Interface + USB Connect, Voice Activated Module - Italian
  • From: 07-12-2009 To: 30-08-2010 Mondeo 2007-, Bluetooth/VC + Info + Navigation, Voice Activated Module - Italian
  • From: 07-12-2009 To: 25-08-2010 Fiesta 2008-, BT/VC Phone Interface + USB Connect, Voice Activated Module - Italian
  • From: 07-12-2009 To: 16-07-2010 C-MAX 2007-2010, Bluetooth/VC + Info + Navigation, Voice Activated Module - Italian
  • From: 07-12-2009 To: 16-07-2010 C-MAX 2007-2010, BT/VC Phone Interface + USB Connect, Voice Activated Module - Italian
  • From: 07-12-2009 To: 01-09-2010 Focus 2008-, Bluetooth/VC + Info + Navigation, Voice Activated Module - Italian
  • From: 07-12-2009 To: 01-09-2010 Focus 2008-, BT/VC Phone Interface + USB Connect, Voice Activated Module - Italian
  • From: 23-08-2010 To: 15-09-2010 C-Max 2010-, Bluetooth/VC + Info + Navigation, Voice Activated Module - Italian
  • From: 23-08-2010 To: 15-09-2010 C-Max 2010-, BT/VC Phone Interface + USB Connect, Voice Activated Module - Italian
  • From: 07-12-2009 To: 01-09-2010 Kuga 2008, BT/VC Phone Interface + USB Connect, Voice Activated Module - Italian
  • From: 07-12-2009 To: 01-09-2010 Kuga 2008, Bluetooth/VC + Info + Navigation, Voice Activated Module - Italian
  • From: 25-08-2010 To: 13-09-2010 Transit 2006-, BT/VC Phone Interface + USB Connect, Voice Activated Module - Italian
  • From: 02-11-2009 To: 06-12-2009 Focus Cabriolet 2006-2010, Bluetooth/VC + Info + Navigation, Voice Activated Module - Italian
  • From: 02-11-2009 To: 06-12-2009 Focus Cabriolet 2006-2010, BT/VC Phone Interface + USB Connect, Voice Activated Module - Italian

• 1 month later...

Hi guys and girls,

Im new here, although i've been a avid reader on here for some time. Ihave a question which seems to have been answered a few times, although none of the posts quite cover my individual circumstances.

I have a 2009 Mondeo 2.0l Diesel Titanium and I have the Sony 6 CD Dash-Changerheadunit. I also have the voice control and bluetooth features and the colour screen near the speedo clocks etc. (Convers+ or something?) and I do have a 3.5mm audio Aux-in in the glovebox.

However, what I would love to be able to do, is plug my iPod/iphoneinto the unti and control that as I would with the main system, but alas, my vehicle doesnt have the USB socket in the dash. I've heard some people say it can be retrofitted by changing the bluetooth/voice module, I called Ford dealership and they almost managed to sell me the USB music Box which ALMOST does what i want to do, but doesnt support iPod and doesnt allow you to see track names etc on the screen.

So, my questions to the experts on this forum is:

1. Can this modification be done with the Sony 6CD headunit

2. Can it be done in such a way that the tracks can be read and controlled on the system, as a Factory system would

If it is a matter of changing the Bluetooth/Voice module, can anybody tell me the exact model i would need, as i've seen so many different versions being recommended on various posts etc, and I wouldn't want to buy one for £100-200 and be stuck with it, as it's the wrong version.

Also, my understanding is that even if you change the module over, you still need to have it programmed by a dealer to enable the USB as a device on the system. Is this accurate? If so, does anybody know of somebody who would either do the whole fitting job for me (parts and labour) or does somebody know who could do the programming for me, if i managed to get the unit installed by somebody else? I dont want to buy the unit, have it installed, only to find i cannot find somebody to do the programming.

Of course, I'm also open to using a 3rd party solution, though I don't want any external screens hanging around in the cabin or wires all over the place. My overall aim is to keep it as true to the manufacturers way of doing it as possible, but ideally without the huge cost involved. Im more than happy to pay a few hundred pound, but dont want to be spending a fortune.

Can anybody help me with the above? Do we have anybody whos done this job themselves and can say that it works well etc?

Thanks for your time reading all of the above and sorry it's so longwinded, but I like to be absolutely as sure as possible what im doing with this sort of thing.

Many thanks again.

Baz

• 2 weeks later...

Had my IDS updated by lez. We had a few issues getting it working properly. We could see the tracks on the USB but couldn't play them.

In the end, after lez had word his magic and locked and unlocked the doors, everything worked perfectly. USB, bluetooth and ipod work.

Lez is a great guy and many thanks for his help.

• 1 month later...

Hi Gents

Can anyone recommend someone in the Kent area who could do this upgrade? I am struggling to find parts at the moment, so if they can be provided as well then its a bonus!

Rylan

I am struggling to find the bluetooth unit, I am also struggling to find somewhere that can do the IDS

Rylan

Thanks

I shall keep an eye on them, I am planning to order the USB cable from ford as that hopefully wont be too expensive.

I am planning to order the USB cable from ford as that hopefully wont be too expensive.

£53ish

Thats what I was finding, but I will pay it as I can be certain it will fit properly.

The tricky bit is finding someone localish who can fit and IDS it.

Hi all,

First of all, great topic! And i believe that iNath is a bit godlike doing this sort of upgrades (it is a lot easier on BMWs ;))

Now, i have a MK7 (2009) fiesta with the 'normal' radio, a.k.a. the small screen and no voice pad on the controls. Now, i just bought a upgraded radiounit with the telephonepad buttons, but i need the bigger screen ensoforth. Also, i believe that the connertors are different. Can someone guide me to a (guide) list of the items i need for a full conversion (with bluetooth etc.)

Hi all,

First of all, great topic! And i believe that iNath is a bit godlike doing this sort of upgrades (it is a lot easier on BMWs ;))

Now, i have a MK7 (2009) fiesta with the 'normal' radio, a.k.a. the small screen and no voice pad on the controls. Now, i just bought a upgraded radiounit with the telephonepad buttons, but i need the bigger screen ensoforth. Also, i believe that the connertors are different. Can someone guide me to a (guide) list of the items i need for a full conversion (with bluetooth etc.)

• bluetooth compatible CD player (silver box)
  • bluetooth (1-9 button) stereo control panel
  • Larger multi-function display
  • bluetooth (and USB if you wish) module
  • Microphone
  • Interior light (map reading) with grill for microphone
  • Indicator stalk with voice control button
  • Wiring loom

;)

Thanks! Now i just need the parts :rolleyes:

Searching!

Hi. I have a 2009 fiesta with bluetooth and an aux port. I was wondering what parts and what I need to install a USB port

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club