Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retro-Fit Usb........ It Works!!

mikester

Hopefully the one I just bought off frost is the last on your list

On another note, when adding the mic by using the Mondeo interior light, do I need the backing fixture for the light or will the fiestas existing backing fixture work?

As I have all the parts I thought I needed (thanks frost for helping me with USB cable, it arrived yesterday), it's just occurred to me I need the microphone unit, doh!!

I've searched on eBay but can't find anything that's returns something I the search

I've done google searches but all I get is some components from the US, which I'm unsure whether it is compatible (although I would think so)

Please can anyone on here who has done the mod point me to the part number or correct thing to search for?

Thanks in advance

Foz

Cant see any listed on eBay so its fords for you 1532666 @ £37.12 inc vat

Now just thought of silly question but if I am putting in the Mondeo light/ sunglasses holder, will the fiesta mic still be appropriate or should I be sourcing the Mondeo one, as I guess it's not 1 size fits all

Never is!! 😊

Now just thought of silly question but if I am putting in the Mondeo light/ sunglasses holder, will the fiesta mic still be appropriate or should I be sourcing the Mondeo one, as I guess it's not 1 size fits all

Never is!!

But in this case it is :) lol

Ah well at last, some sense is applied 😀👍

Cheers, all the advise is much appreciated!

Hi guys

One more question

Thanks to Frost I have the loom with aux/ USB ports which connects upto the bt/USB module.

On this loom there area 6 plugs

2 - into back of USB module (mini USB and scart type with white locking piece)

2 - to the gear stick area (USB in plug and aux in plug)

1 - grey square block with white inserts, which I assume goes into rear of stereo ???

1 - 2 pronged black plug (female type) on a longish thin cable (2 wires only)

This last wire I assume went upto the microphone fitment in the roof, but the plug on this does not match the plug on the mic, and the cable doesn't look anywhere near enough to reach the interior light cluster from the rear of the glove box.

Is there an intermediate cable which clips between the two? If so does anyone know the correct part number?

If I'm wrong does anyone know what the two plugs I am unsure about are?

Thanks in advance 😊

Hi guys

One more question

Thanks to Frost I have the loom with aux/ USB ports which connects upto the bt/USB module.

On this loom there area 6 plugs

2 - into back of USB module (mini USB and scart type with white locking piece - correct

2 - to the gear stick area (USB in plug and aux in plug) - correct

1 - grey square block with white inserts, which I assume goes into rear of stereo ??? - almost, there's a connector block in front of the stereo that this replaces

1 - 2 pronged black plug (female type) on a longish thin cable (2 wires only) - this is for this mic but afraid I don't know the answer to your question below

This last wire I assume went upto the microphone fitment in the roof, but the plug on this does not match the plug on the mic, and the cable doesn't look anywhere near enough to reach the interior light cluster from the rear of the glove box.

Is there an intermediate cable which clips between the two? If so does anyone know the correct part number?

Thanks in advance

Hi guys

One more question

Thanks in advance

Have you checked to see if you have the mic connector already in the roof lining ?? as there could be a connector behined the passanger A pillar trim that the last wire you have plugs into :)

Thanks guys.

I must be starting to sound moronic by now! 😜

I haven't checked for any wiring as I thought ford wouldn't be that nice to out wires in for something not in the car, but maybe my scepticism was misplaced. I just wanted to make sure I had all pieces before I started ripping the car up.

I'll have a look. And if I haven't got I guess I could just run some speaker cable up there in its place, cut the connectors off each wire and connect them up myself.

One way or another ill get it working, just fingers crossed ford have been nice, as just clipping bits in together would be so much better.

Thanks again guys.

Some advice guys

I've fitted in the wiring loom and BT/USB module.

I have power to USB socket

Plugging iPod into aux no longer plays audio through stereo

Plugging iPod into USB, stereo says it's initialising iPod but again no sound through stereo

If I turn BT on iPhone, it finds ford stereo bt, click on it and stereo speaks "enter code on screen into your iPod" but there is no code displayed on car screen

Is this normal when first installing the bt/USB

The loss of aux puzzles me!

Will the issues be cured if the BT unit is initialised ?

Thanks in advance

Mark

Not sure you'll get an answer to that Mark as the chances of finding someone in your position are quite slim! I've always done the install & activation together so can't answer I'm afraid.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say thanks again to everyone for advice given, Frost for the wiring loom and Nath for the last bit of wiring and activating the BT and CC in my fiesta

Real nice fella and knows his stuff!

Works a treat!

Loving it and worth waiting for!!!

Thanks again

Just found the indicator stalk with voice activation on eBay for a bargain £20, so only mic to wire in and this to fit for the full BT features.

So far loving every minute!

iPod control is so much better now it's fully on wheel controls , CC not sure how I lived without and seems to give me average increase of 3mpg to what I was getting off my trusty right foot

😊😊😊😊

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, have anyone tried this on Mondeo MK4? Are the part numbers for BT/VC+USB same for Mondeo? I have found few on eBay but they are all marked as Fiesta / C-MAX / Focus modules. And what about the other parts? Are they compatible as well?

Thank you very much for any help.

• 2 months later...
Hello,

I'm new to the site and I live in Belgium.

I was lucky to find this forum in order to finish my project.

Like many people , I have a ford fiesta mk7 with the trend pack

and I would add the USB port as the titanium pack .

I got the bluetooth box (BT / VC ) located behind the glove box

on a rugged car equipped with high-end package.

I made a standard exchange between the mine and the latter .

Old : 8M5T - 19G488 -CN

New: 8M5T - 19c112 -CR ( with USB)

I also bought all the parts (cable , cover / support / USB port reception)

for editing as the origin / factory

Here are the references of purchased parts

-Cable : 1710952 ( € 53.73 )

-Support: 1572824 ( € 5.39 )

-Port USB : 1715190 (6.3 € )

Once all mounted , as many people I can view titles

music on the USB stick or on my iPhone but not to read them .

Only inconveniant to access must use the arrow keys to select

between iPod / USB / btaudio / Line in instead of pressing the AUX button twice.

I read on the forum that should go by the OBD port to enter the configuration

(Ford IDS) of the car to change some setting so that it works .

I went to my Ford dealer but I think it is a mistake in setting.

After searching the correct settings should be the following .

+ Voice - Control: select the voice recognition basis.

+ Unit - USB accessory : select USB and iPod function.

+ Handsfree bluetooth : select BT / VC Phone Interface + USB

Is it possible to tell me if my whole approach is correct and is it possible that

someone publishes settings screen has changed in the IDS software captures.

A big thank you for your help and your support.

Google traduction

I forgot to mention but yes I have done the update. But the dealer did not know much about it and it's wrong in a parameter.

It has changed the type of radio (high end) in place of changing the voice control.

I would like screen captures to change settings in the software because he thought I was crazy.

Wow, thank you a thousand man great job. Another question, is it possible to set the anti carjacking modifying other parameters.

Wow, thank you a thousand man great job. Another question, is it possible to set the anti carjacking modifying other parameters.

Afraid not, doesn't work on MK7 Fiesta.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone, I'm new here as well and like many people probably came accross this after deciding that the after market Bluetooth/USB option doesn't look as good. Thank you all for putting so much information into this.

I have just bought a 62 plate (2012) Fiesta Diesel Econetic and it comes with the stock stereo but this model seems to have the aux 3.5mm audio phone jack and the usb port already.

From what I've read in this thread you are going to need to get a new bluetooth Voice Connectivity With USB Handsfree Module I'd happily buy this and any other connections that I might need however due to mine being the new shape (MK8) and already having the USB and Audio jack port does that mean the only thing I will need is the bluetooth module or will I still require more parts/IDS update for this to all work?

• 2 weeks later...

So where do I buy all the parts required to this. Cuz I to have a 2010 fiesta and I'm wanting to put a USB port in. And when installed can music be changed through the steering wheel mounts

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club