Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bulb Light Changing

mitch84

Hi

On my old car (fiesta zetec mk7) i changed most of the lights to Philips bluevision and extreme vision bulbs , i now have 60 plate titanium , i cant seem to find much in the focus forum about changing bulbs like i did in the fiesta section?

how do people find the lights on the focus titanium? is there anything worth changing?

cheers

lights on the focus are good but its all down to personal preference mate. A few months ago i changed all of mine to 6000k HIDS and the difference is unbelievable. It depends on how much night driving you do or whether its looks your goin for. Personally it was mainly looks i went for, but they make driving at night so much easier. After a long journey at night with the HIDS fitted you dont feel as tired as you would with the halogens coz the road is lit up so much more. One bit of caution i will give is that the focus headlamps with HIDS fitted tend to create a glare that can annoy on coming traffic. For that reason ive since bout a set of headlamps for a 2010 focus rs and im currently lookin to get a set of 6000k bulbs for them instead

• Like 1

hi

Well i do a lot of night driving so would want something that gives me a bit more light but i do like the looks as well , i dont want hids , but was looking at perhaps Philips extreme vision for dipped and full beam and the bluevision sidelights.

anyone got this combination?

cheers

I put Philips Bluevision as dipped, osram nightbreaker plus for Mains. also leds for sidelights. Big improvement over the existing bulbs in both looks and performance.

• Like 1

I put Philips Bluevision as dipped, osram nightbreaker plus for Mains. also leds for sidelights. Big improvement over the existing bulbs in both looks and performance.

Hi

When you say osram nightbreakers for the main do you mean the full beam? , also the sidelights i was thinking LED but then thought they might be a bit bright , do the leds get hot at all or look a bit bright compared to a standard bulb also what leds have you got.

thanks

after a bit of searching ive decided on the following when i get time to do them

dipped beam : Philips bluevision ultra H7

main beam : Philips x-treme vision H1

sidelights : Philips bluevision W5W 501

i has this combination on my fiesta although at the time i dont think the h7 bluvision had the ultra at the end perhaps its a newer version??? , can anyone tell me if this is ok and i have the correct bulbs?

thanks

Yes, osrams for full beam. The Bluefield ultras come with 2 sidelight bulbs in the pack. The less are brighter than standard and look brill. Will find a link, but they were £3.79 off eBay. The leds get nowhere near as hot as halogens.

• Like 1

Hi Paul

think i will get the bluevisions then and use the bluevision sidelights that come free , might try the nightbreakers plus for the full beam .

How easy is it to change bulbs on the focus , it was nightmare on the fiesta mk7

thanks

Hi Paul

think i will get the bluevisions then and use the bluevision sidelights that come free , might try the nightbreakers plus for the full beam .

How easy is it to change bulbs on the focus , it was nightmare on the fiesta mk7

thanks

If you get a reply would you be able to pass on the info to me as I too am thinking of changing my bulbs too to led's.

Absolute doddle to change them. Remove headlight with 1 screw and all bulbs are easily accessible. It's all in the manual too. :)

• Like 1

hi

found this on youtube , seems like it might come in handy, think its a case of uncliping 2 clips as well, looks fairly simple compared to the fiesta

Paul what do you make of the nightbreakers plus H1 for full beam ?

cheers

I really like them. They are much brighter and better directed than my old ones. Only slight drawback is that sometimes you get a bit more glare back off roadsigns. Nothing too major though.

I really like them. They are much brighter and better directed than my old ones. Only slight drawback is that sometimes you get a bit more glare back off roadsigns. Nothing too major though.

cool , would you say the above vid is a good guide , just 2 clips and the screw ?

Yeah, that guide covers it all nicely. Just take care not to lose the rubber covers into the engine bay as they don't drop through to the ground. What a pain they are to get to if they drop down. :D

Yeah, that guide covers it all nicely. Just take care not to lose the rubber covers into the engine bay as they don't drop through to the ground. What a pain they are to get to if they drop down. :D

haha i know that feeling well , i but got a little bendy and 700mm long with a grip on one end and a push button on the other work's a treat.

My driving mostly consists of Town driving even at night , on street Lamp lite roads is there still a good difference to warrant the Bulb changes , i mean my lights seem fine , and if i did more B road driving i would look for some thing brighter.

On Dark unlite roads do you get many drivers flashing back at you ?

haha i know that feeling well , i but got a little bendy and 700mm long with a grip on one end and a push button on the other work's a treat.

My driving mostly consists of Town driving even at night , on street Lamp lite roads is there still a good difference to warrant the Bulb changes , i mean my lights seem fine , and if i did more B road driving i would look for some thing brighter.

On Dark unlite roads do you get many drivers flashing back at you ?

My opinion there is, its worth changing your dipped to Nightbreaker Plus, as they are half the price of The Philips. The Osrams are quite a lot brighter even than the Bluevision ultras, which my 14 year old thought i'd got full beam on when they were dipped. The beam is more precise too which makes a difference. For £13 i'd say they are well worth it, esp as they came with some free sidelight bulbs too. I'd leave full beam as is tbh unless you want that slightly 'whiter look'.

not had a single driver flash me in the 2 weeks since i swapped them. I drive in the dark every day, and my damned auto lights come on even in the sunshine too. So i don't think i'm dazzling anyone. :D

I think i might invest in some of those once the wife cools down lmao, she is a postie and collects our mail herself to bring home and 2 days running she has thrown packages at me lmao , she was not impressed when i said has a Big Box! arrived yet :lol:

Oooh nightmare not being able to sneak any post past her! I start work at 5am so am also gone when the post arrives, so sometimes have stuff couriered to work so she doesn't see. :lol:

Oooh nightmare not being able to sneak any post past her! I start work at 5am so am also gone when the post arrives, so sometimes have stuff couriered to work so she doesn't see. :lol:

I get my rear kicked by the missus too for purchasing from eBay,

she hates eBay and hates the postman for bringing me the items purchased on eBay :lol:

i used to work in a warehouse and part of my job was recieveing deliverys so it was great i could get all my parcels sent to myself in work,

giving me a chance to destroy any attached invoices or packaging was great,

sadly though the place closed up and im stuck at home, now the kids get the parcels from the door and run straight to her with them, :rolleyes:

try to keep her calm though by purchasing somthing small from ebay every now and then for herself,

gives her a nice surprise when she hands me the parcel and is about to go off on one at me :angry: ,

feels great to turn around and say ''well its actually for you luv'' :o

Hi

So did you change from bluevision ultra to nightbreakers plus for dipped as well?

Are the bluevision ultras still a good bulb or are the nightbreaker plus a step up?

cheers

I've kept the Bluevisions for dipped. Both those and the nightbreakers are very evenly matched. I prefer Bluevisions as dipped because they are very slightly whiter.

Yes, osrams for full beam. The Bluefield ultras come with 2 sidelight bulbs in the pack. The less are brighter than standard and look brill. Will find a link, but they were £3.79 off Ebay. The leds get nowhere near as hot as halogens.

Paul

Did you manage to find that link where you got yours please m8 , so many on eBay

Cheers

Paul

Did you manage to find that link where you got yours please m8 , so many on ebay

Cheers

Got the Bluevisions from http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130594886907?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

and the Osram nightbreaker Plus from this seller on amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004J3F7G6

Got the Bluevisions from http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1439.l2649

and the Osram nightbreaker Plus from this seller on Amazon http://www.amazon.co...duct/B004J3F7G6

Cheers Paul

They are ordered .

I got a free pair of sunglasses with mine , so i can wear them at night and complain that they don't work , link i found was a little cheaper but also came with the w5w extras

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club