Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Daytime Running Lights

darksider807

Just wondered if anyone knows of any decent daylight running kits (or links to websites) for a Focus Titanium 1.6 (2010). Also I have noticed some

FORD FOCUS MK2 05- BLACK LED STYLE REAR TAIL LIGHTS & FORD FOCUS MK2 04> LED SMOKED LEXUS STYLE REAR LIGHTS on eBay. Does anyone know if these lights are any good. My vehicle is sea grey in colour and I imagine would like quite tidy.

Regards

Just wondered if anyone knows of any decent daylight running kits (or links to websites) for a Focus Titanium 1.6 (2010). Also I have noticed some

FORD FOCUS MK2 05- BLACK LED STYLE REAR TAIL LIGHTS & FORD FOCUS MK2 04> LED SMOKED LEXUS STYLE REAR LIGHTS on Ebay. Does anyone know if these lights are any good. My vehicle is sea grey in colour and I imagine would like quite tidy.

Regards

Welcome Pat, Pree has a Thread with the best DRL's For the focus Click Here

also the led rear lights have a different wiring configeration to the one we have in our focus mate, even with the haynes manual their a nighmare to wire up,

also the led ones require additional resistors etc,

i recommend philips silvatec indicator bulbs for the stock rear lights, makes a difference. B)

My DRL's have arrived in the country , so hopefully i will get them some time this week and be able to fit them the weekend :lol:

I have fitted genuine Hella Ledayline DRL in my focus, they looks really cool, extremely bright even in very bright sunlight. They have option to dim to 30% brightness when sidelights comes on. Otherwise you can't leave them on full brightness at night as oncoming traffic will go mad and almost everyone will flash at you. I had that experience the first day i fitted it without connecting the dim cable to sidelight :D

They are really easy to fit, but the only downside is very expensive, but worth every single penny of it....

Also have a second DRL (see picture) cheap ones from eBay ... fitted in 45 degree angle. Replaced the headlights with genuine Ford Xenon headlights with 6000K D1S bulbs and also fitted 6000K xenon in Fog lights.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/851/dsc03091l.jpg/

post-4105-0-05365400-1322346222_thumb.jp

Looks good m8 , I have ordered the Fog lamp cover ones , also able to Dim on side light and indicator . But they are stuck in Customs waiting clearence. They say Christmas Back log ! , Seven days tomorrow and still says Unchecked via Customs.:angry:

could you please tell me which site has those mk2 hella DRLs?

thanks!

• 1 month later...

could you please tell me which site has those mk2 hella DRLs?

thanks!

You can find em in eBay, search for LEDayline

These are universal not MK2 specific, you have to cut the front bumper and fix it from inside, not that hard, fairly easy as long as you have a drill and jigsaw.

However it is hard to find a positive wire that come on with ignition and goes off when ignition is off, there is a point in engine compartment fuse box, you have to find it with multimeter.

Expensive they may be, but they look very good, and seem to have a very good brightness / quality to them!

• 8 months later...

You can find em in eBay, search for LEDayline

These are universal not MK2 specific, you have to cut the front bumper and fix it from inside, not that hard, fairly easy as long as you have a drill and jigsaw.

However it is hard to find a positive wire that come on with ignition and goes off when ignition is off, there is a point in engine compartment fuse box, you have to find it with multimeter.

I realise this post was quite some time ago.

But any chance I could ask you what process you went through to cut those holes for the DRLs?

I got a set myself and am ready to fit them. I was just going to put them onto the existing grill slits, but seeing your pic I think it looks much better below the fogs.

Any hints?!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club