Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo Mk4 Fuel consumption

MondyLou

Just done a recent trip and, if anyone is interested, managed to do 768 miles on one tank of fuel with 58 miles in reserve. Yes, I did use the heated seats too, and this included the M25 - which in my opinion is the largest car park in europe rather than a motorway.

Beat that Clarkson.

Oh - he did....... ;)

Just done a recent trip and, if anyone is interested, managed to do 768 miles on one tank of fuel with 58 miles in reserve. Yes, I did use the heated seats too, and this included the M25 - which in my opinion is the largest car park in europe rather than a motorway.

Beat that Clarkson.

Oh - he did....... ;)

thats brilliant, what size engine has the mondeo got?

2.0TDCi 140BHP - got to admit was very impressed too as the car was also fully laden!

Newbie here! Just bought an '04 plate Mondeo Zetec TDCi 130 with 55k on the clock. Any idea what kind of consumption i should be getting? Motorway driving at 70 with the cruise on. The computer is saying 49mpg but i've heard it should be nearer 55? Anything obvious i'm missing?

I've had a V6 Vectra for the past 5 years so completely lost track of what diesels can achieve these days.

Newbie here! Just bought an '04 plate Mondeo Zetec TDCi 130 with 55k on the clock. Any idea what kind of consumption i should be getting? Motorway driving at 70 with the cruise on. The computer is saying 49mpg but i've heard it should be nearer 55? Anything obvious i'm missing?

I've had a V6 Vectra for the past 5 years so completely lost track of what diesels can achieve these days.

Firstly nice car, secondly no idea! Anything over 40mpg is good on motorway driving imho - Mondeos are built for this! Have you got an estate? They are heavier and not as aerodynamic as a Hatchback or a saloon thus a little more thirsty. I would be pleased with 49mpg. ;)

Thats a brilliant fuel return for such a big car, especially on motorways, pointless me attempting it though, having bought the 2.0 Zetec

• 2 years later...

My old 05 plate 2.0 TDCi would show 46mpg running around and up to about 54 on motorways, and maybe a bit more if I kept to about 60. However, this is boring speed, so I resolved to be happy with about 50.... :)

My new 2011 Mondeo is a 1.8 TDCi Titanium Plus. I have only done about 500 miles so far, so the engine is still a bit tight I suppose, but I haven't had the display showing more than 35mpg yet..... Is this what I must expect, or will it improve? I'll be disappointed if I don't see in excess of 40mpg. I haven't been on a motorway run yet, so the 35mpg is just running around, but it seems a bit low. Any comments?

I have a very heavy right foot, currently seeing 42.5 mpg in mixed but mainly country lane commuting in a 53 plate 130 tdci

hey peoples, i currently have a mk3 mondy and i cant get the MPG any higher than 37 no matter what road im on country or motorway! Something must be wrong surly, i see people selling ST TDCIs and getting 45-50. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Hi, well done MonyLou, I know of someone who got 1000 miles out a tank full on a 2.2l diesel Mk4 on the talkford forum. I can get up 60mpg out of m 2.0l diesel without driving like a granny on a run, and average 40-45 around town. The secret is to drive smoothly, anticipate the road ahead, use the brakes sparingly and not go over 70mph, because of the frontal area.

Chris

hey peoples, i currently have a mk3 mondy and i cant get the MPG any higher than 37 no matter what road im on country or motorway! Something must be wrong surly, i see people selling ST TDCIs and getting 45-50. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

That's a low figure. Are you stuck in second gear?

Seriously though, 37 is very low for a MK3 diesel, particularly in view of your motorway use as well. Is it running ok otherwise?

My new MK4 1.8tdci shows about 35mpg locally. I reset the display last weekend for a short run on the motorway and it went up to 41mpg. Still nowhere near as good as my old MK3 2.0tdci, but at least a step in the right direction. This will hopefully improve with mileage since it is no doubt a bit tight at the moment....

There has been talk that you need to clean the EGR out periodically, this gets clogged with carbon and restricts the intercooler airflow

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club