Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bluetooth Connection Problems!

Jez

I got my Ford Fiesta Edge about a year ago, and until now the bluetooth connectivity has been working fine, but I've got a feeling that now, some firmware bug has occurred. :( My phone (Android htc Desire S) no longer pairs with the Ford Audio automatically, or indeed at all. If I go into 'Phone' in the menu, and try to even turn bluetooth off, the bluetooth checkbox briefly unchecks and then gets checked again. I can't even seem to turn the Ford sound system's Bluetooth off. Can't pair the phone with the sound system, I just get the error "HTC Desire S Activation Failed"; can't debond the device either; nothing happens.

Does anyone know what might be the problem here and how I might fix it?

Have you changed the security settings on your phone at all. They need to be disabled, but not sure how on your phone.

Have you changed the security settings on your phone at all. They need to be disabled, but not sure how on your phone.

No I haven't changed them, but I don't think that's the problem, because bluetooth was working fine until a few days ago when it suddenly stopped.

Can you get in the Bluetooth menu on the stereo to debond your phone?

I can get into the menu, and when I press 'debond' it asks whether i'm sure; I press 'Yes', and nothing happens. The phone doesn't appear debonded. :(

UPDATE:

It's started working again now that I've applied the software update via USB stick! See this thread:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/28714-should-the-software-update-work-with-my-fiesta/page__gopid__154655

Whew. I think I earned that fix.

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE:

It's started working again now that I've applied the software update via USB stick! See this thread:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/28714-should-the-software-update-work-with-my-fiesta/page__gopid__154655

Whew. I think I earned that fix.

Hi Jez, I have just bought a Fiesta 09 plate, and seem to be having the exact problems that you mentioned. It is not debonding my current phone and the bluetooth symbol on display is not showing. I try unchecking the bluetooth box on display but it unchecks then checks again very quickly. Do you think I should resolve the same way as you? Although not sure about this USB thing? :unsure:

James: yes, they sounds a lot like the problems I was having. I'd recommend installing the update I did.

• 9 years later...

My fiesta has exactly the same problem as described in the last 2-3 posts. Bluettoth always on, can't unchecked it. When press bluetooth off nothing happens.There is no usb port only aux in my fiesta. Any advice? Is there a hidden USB port?

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 3/25/2021 at 7:04 AM, Alextzef said:

My fiesta has exactly the same problem as described in the last 2-3 posts. Bluettoth always on, can't unchecked it. When press bluetooth off nothing happens.There is no usb port only aux in my fiesta. Any advice? Is there a hidden USB port?

Hi Sorry it's an old post but did you manage to fix this please? I only have AUX too 🙁

• 1 month later...

Bonjour, je suis également dans le même cas que Ramelle. Mon téléphone diffuse de la musique sur ford audio mais je ne peux pas accéder à la ligne audio iPod USB ford, juste à la ligne ouverte et accessible. Lorsque j'utilise la flèche gauche j'accède à l'option Ipod Usb Forde Audio mais en la sélectionnant on revient à la ligne d'activation et non à celle de sélection. Quelqu'un a la solution ? Merci beaucoup  

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club