Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Beware !

Magenta

Today I lost £10 in the car !

With the handbrake on, There is a perfectly sized aperture just behind the lever for coins and tokens to fall into ! I dropped my car park exit chip coin and as sods law has it, it dropped into this slot. I had already paid £2.50 in a machine and had to pay an additional £10 'Lost chip' to exit the car park. I can get the money back if I can retrieve the coin and produce the receipt.

Does anyone know how to remove the centre handbrake surround ? I have managed to lift the rear by removing two screws at the back enough to get my fingers in and shine a torch but no sign of it. Hopefully, there is no way that the coin could have dropped right through on to the road surface ??? The surround appears to be in two parts, front and rear.

Help appreciated as I don't want to write off that £10 ! :(

Sorry to be no help.... But good luck with the hunt.

On my last car I kept loosing money until the rattling of it on the tub under the passenger seat got that bad I couldn't cope. Having pulled out the passenger seat I was met with about £14 in change, a dozen scratch cards (no winners :( ) a Barry White CD and condom packet (looked intact - but wasn't going to find out). All this in a Vauxhall VX220 - which the last two items were pointless items to have in the car.

i did the same in the door pocket of my mk7, there are some gaps that look like drain holes but coins slip inside nicely. had to take the door card off to get the change out. havent a clue about the handbrake surround tho

Gear lever surround pulls upwards (very stiff to remove and you need to be careful of the front tabs into the centre console) then the handbrake surround comes of in the same way in two bits. You will probably have to disconnect the 12v socket and any aux/USB sockets if you need to have a proper rummage around underneath.

I've lost coins down the handbrake too.

yup me too.

I think in a few years time when I sell the car, it'll be an investment to someone willing to take the panels off :D :D

yup me too.

I think in a few years time when I sell the car, it'll be an investment to someone willing to take the panels off :D :D

Starting to see a pattern here Guys:

Fiesta is the biggest selling car in Europe, then people losing money down the centre console of their fiesta, followed by Europe going in to recession??

People may blame the banks, but im convinced its ford :lol:

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up.I not lost money that way yet just down the side of the seats.

I've lost coins down the handbrake too.

Bet they weren't coins worth £10 though !

Could it be Ford's way of offsetting depreciation on the car I wonder ? :D

I've often moaned (as I do) about the interior design of cars with all the nooks and crannies making them a b****r to clean out. Why can't they start making car interiors nice and smooth as they have with the exterior. I know to a certain extent this has happened for safety reasons compared with cars of the sixties, say, but more thought could go into it. Also it's rare for any provision to be made for putting rubbish. I have a weighted bin across the rear "transmission tunnel" which I have had for many years but they just don't seem to be available now. Cans, bottles, sweet wrappings go into this bin instead of on the floor, I just have to empty it now and again !

This might help:

It's the instructions for fitting a centre armrest but the first few steps show how to remove the trim you're talking about.

Cheers

Rog

This might help:

It's the instructions for fitting a centre armrest but the first few steps show how to remove the trim you're talking about.

Cheers

Rog

That's brilliant ! Thanks a lot. I should have realised that it just clips off but not wanting to break anything you understand ! I've just had the top cover off for a quick look and no sign of the valuable chipcoin so far but I'll have another go on a warmer day(or when the car has been in the sun a bit !)and look further forward.

Cheers

Alan.

Got the handbrake trim off again today - as I thought, the rear section clips away seperately. Did I find the chipcoin ? Yes and no ! Spotted it lying there and as soon as I reached to get it, it dropped further down out of sight under the handbrake bracket !! I think that £10 chipcoin is a long-term investment now or I just write it off !

Thanks for all your help.

Out of interest, my 2009 handbrake trim is very slightly different to that shown on the video, different locating lugs underneath, different type of fixings and I have no 'soft' insert in the cupholder even though it is a Titanium spec.

I think the video actually features a US spec Fiesta so the big bits are the same while some of the details are different.

Cheers

Rog

I think the video actually features a US spec Fiesta so the big bits are the same while some of the details are different.

Cheers

Rog

It was still very useful though. Like most of these things, it gave me the confidence to start pulling things apart ! Now at least I know how to get in there. Presumably, the handbrake cable slack is adjusted under there.