Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Led Sidelights / Dipped Beams?

briggsy

Ok, are they road legal, and if not. would LED side lights be ok to have? If so can anyone recommend me some bright sideligts? preferable around 5000/6000k. i just had to replace my dipped beams with some 4 quid sheepOs as they blew on my way to work recently.

If your asking what I think you are, then yes, LED dipped beam are a totally illegal.

Sidelights are fine though.

Check these.... HIDS4U

I have LED Sidelight bulbs and I think they look fantastic, make a massive change and go brilliantly with HIDS

I have LED Sidelight bulbs and I think they look fantastic, make a massive change and go brilliantly with HIDS

+1

I have them plus LEDs fogs aswell so they all match my 6K HIDs. No yellow bulbs on my car ;)

+1

I have them plus LEDs fogs aswell so they all match my 6K HIDs. No yellow bulbs on my car ;)

Same! Looks a million times better without any yellow :lol:

Same! Looks a million times better without any yellow :lol:

Done your interior light too? Looks alot better when unlocking your car at night and it fits well with the led sidelights. ;)

If your asking what I think you are, then yes, LED dipped beam are a totally illegal.

Sidelights are fine though.

Check these.... HIDS4U

Just got my pair delivered and installed! looks good! i kinda want HID's now however the legal issue and cost are shying me away, do HIDS effect your isnurance? (Modification?)

do HIDS effect your isnurance? (Modification?)

Well there is the whole not legal thing so if they caused an accident you may find you don't have any insurance...

Done your interior light too? Looks alot better when unlocking your car at night and it fits well with the led sidelights. ;)

I have :D Again looks loads better, done the reg lights and boot light too! I put a post on here a while back and went led bulb crazy!

I have :D Again looks loads better, done the reg lights and boot light too! I put a post on here a while back and went led bulb crazy!

interior boot light? I've done the reg plates

I haven't done the interior boot light coz I think I'm gonna do an led strips instead, haven't thought where to mount it though, maybe one either side of the boot

i gone for just a border line blue/white standard bulb but they are legal thank god... not the worlds biggest fan of LED sides, think they look a bit like the kid in a corsa thing to do... however i would say, that the blue tint bulbs do look the part!! my fogs are brill, and the main/dipped are good, just not sure HID Kit would go all too well on a fiesta, after all it does my !Removed! in when i see them retro fitted

• 5 weeks later...

does anyone know what type of led bulb is req'd for front fogs? Are they legal also? I fitted xenon canbus free led sides and put them on my rear plates as well. They look rather good i think. May do the boot and footwell.lights too but will leave the interior lights as then it wouldnt be able to dim? My lamps are not xenon. But for the dipped beams i went for the bluevision type and look pretty white. Anyone done the tail lights and/or brake lights with led?

also to respond the the sidelight LED's i bought that where recommended. One of the burnt out after 2 days. the 2nd one burned out after a week. So i bought a Philips blue-vision set and they are way better :)

does anyone know what type of led bulb is req'd for front fogs? Are they legal also? I fitted xenon canbus free led sides and put them on my rear plates as well. They look rather good i think. May do the boot and footwell.lights too but will leave the interior lights as then it wouldnt be able to dim? My lamps are not xenon. But for the dipped beams i went for the bluevision type and look pretty white. Anyone done the tail lights and/or brake lights with led?

Front LED fogs are H11....

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club