Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lcd Display Cooling Fan?

Adamy

Hi

I’ve just bought a 1.4 Fiesta Titanium on a 59 plate & have noticed a constant buzzing noise inside the car. It’s sounds like the engine fan trying to cool an over heated engine.

However it’s not the engine fan as the noise starts after about 30 seconds the ignition is on with the engine off.

The dealer said there is a fan behind the digital display that is designed to keep the display cool & on some fiesta’s this can be a bit noisy, it’s a ‘characteristic’ of the car & nothing to worry about. Somehow I don’t buy this idea!

Does anyone know if there is a fan as described? Is it something to worry about, I’m concerned it might result in the LCD display packing up?

Thanks

Adam

Hi

I’ve just bought a 1.4 Fiesta Titanium on a 59 plate & have noticed a constant buzzing noise inside the car. It’s sounds like the engine fan trying to cool an over heated engine.

However it’s not the engine fan as the noise starts after about 30 seconds the ignition is on with the engine off.

The dealer said there is a fan behind the digital display that is designed to keep the display cool & on some fiesta’s this can be a bit noisy, it’s a ‘characteristic’ of the car & nothing to worry about. Somehow I don’t buy this idea!

Does anyone know if there is a fan as described? Is it something to worry about, I’m concerned it might result in the LCD display packing up?

Thanks

Adam

I think it's actually the climate control sensor fan and is normal. It draws air from teh little vent to the left of the steering wheel to check on cabin temp.

HTH

S

Hi

Thanks

Adam

The fan is part of the temperature sensor for the automatic climate control. There's no fan for the LCD (that's ridiculous!). It shouldn't be very loud (mine is only just noticeable when the engine's off), but there have been complaints posted here before - I think some people have had theirs replaced. It could be it's just loose on its mounting and rattling against the dash and needs tightening up or a bit of foam tape.

Hi

Mine does the same. It's only really noticable when you first turn the car on. Sounds like a bee or a wasp is behind the climate controls.

Doesn't seem to do it (or can't be heard) once you've been driving for a bit.

Cheers

Rog

My fan is constantly on when the key is in the ignition. I've spoken to my local main dealer & I'm booked in for thursday for them to take a look as they think it is covered under the warranty.

Fingers crossed......

My car's in for a couple of other things on Friday and they're going to check the buzzing/fan at the same time.

Cheers

Rog

I took mine in last week , they didn't replace anything , the service guy told me and showed me the mechanics notes , ( removed loose connection plug and refitted ) however there is no noise now like before , to be honest i not sure what they did or that a loose connection could be the issue , as i have read many posts about them being re calibrated and some even changed the heat control unit , so i am at a bit of a loss not knowing the truth. Good luck with yours

I took mine in last week , they didn't replace anything , the service guy told me and showed me the mechanics notes , ( removed loose connection plug and refitted ) however there is no noise now like before , to be honest i not sure what they did or that a loose connection could be the issue , as i have read many posts about them being re calibrated and some even changed the heat control unit , so i am at a bit of a loss not knowing the truth. Good luck with yours

I'll be sure and let you know...

Cheers

Rog

Out of interest Rog, what else is your's going in for? They are also going to look at my front shocks as they make a knocking noise when I go over speed bumps (slowly) & the fact the car does not accelerate smoothly.

Out of interest Rog, what else is your's going in for? They are also going to look at my front shocks as they make a knocking noise when I go over speed bumps (slowly) & the fact the car does not accelerate smoothly.

It's going in for a couple of little things:

1. Detached driver's door rubber trim

2. Rattle in driver's door mirror

3. Check buzzing from behind climate control

The dealer is only a mile from where I work so it's not bother for me to book it into them and get every little thing looked at as I just walk from the dealer to work and pick the car up on the way home. They are probably sick of me though...

Cheers

Rog

It's going in for a couple of little things:

1. Detached driver's door rubber trim

Mine had that, Hopping Hill replaced the seal. 4 weeks later the passenger one started peeling off, replaced. Now the drivers one is going again!

Mine does the same. It's only really noticable when you first turn the car on. Sounds like a bee or a wasp is behind the climate controls.

Doesn't seem to do it (or can't be heard) once you've been driving for a bit.

They replaced a CC fan. service advisor is unsure which one... Buzzing noise has gone though.

Cheers

Rog

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club