Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Soon To Be New Owner

alans220

Hi All,

Just about to part exchange my 58 Kuga for a 60 Focus.

Going for the 1.6 diesel Titanium, so far only seen photos of it!!!

Checking it out on Saturday.

According to ETIS the vehicle has 'Automated Parking Sysytem' is this the one where it parks itself?

Think it has Appearance and Convenience packs too, or something like that.

Hopefully the MPG should be better, was getting about 35 overall with the Kuga.

Loved having the Kuga for 2 years, but time to change.

Expect I will be back with lots of questions.

al

hi there good choice but beware of the 1.6 tdci the turbos are very weak.i have a 1.6 tdci and i have had a turbo go on me.the 1.8 and the 2.0 turbos are fine.hope this helps.

Hi, is it the Mk2.5 or the New Focus Mk3 ?? If its 60 plate I'd have thought it was the older shape or possibly an early demonstrator of the new shape ?

Hi, it's the new shape, probably ex demonstrator, as it's from Ford Direct.

It was registered at the end of January 2011.

al

Hi, congratulations on your purchase, that's really got to be an early model as I thought they were first registered as a '11' plate. If it has park assist then it wil be as part of the convenience pack, I wouldn't worry too much about the turbos, treated correctly there shouldn't be any issues.

Chris

that's really got to be an early model as I thought they were first registered as a '11' plate.

I remember the first new focus I spotted was a 60 reg, a previous shape focus then joined us further up the road and that was a 60 plate too.

I was thinking what the... :blink:

Bit weird seeing an old and new shape car on the same plate

Hi, yes thats another one with the AJ60 reg, looks like they were all demonstrators.

But also they had a good spec too.

Any problems buying an ex demonstrator, the one i'm looking at has less than 5000 miles on the clock.

al

Hi, yes thats another one with the AJ60 reg, looks like they were all demonstrators.

But also they had a good spec too.

Any problems buying an ex demonstrator, the one i'm looking at has less than 5000 miles on the clock.

al

No probs buying a demonstrator, should see some cost savings.

The 'auto parking' is not that good. It basically only steers the car at a set geometry for you hence why it's called 'Park Assist'. You'll use it once or twice that's all, by the time you've pushed the button, measured the parking gap, selected reverse and let the car steer you in, you could have probably completed the parking yourself anyway !! And it is only as good as you position the car in the first place.

If you measure the gap too far from the kerb, the car will steer you in and you'll still be too far from the kerb.

If you measure the gap and you are at a jaunty angle, the car will steer you in and you'll still be at a jaunty angle.

If you measure the gap and you are measuring against a small 'town' car (narrow width eg Hyundai i10 etc), the car will steer you in and you may still hit the kerb.

If it wasn't on the car as standard I wouldn't buy it LOL

Hi, well those who can park like to stay in control anyway, the car does measure the gap as well and I've found it pretty good. Some VW's have this feature...

Chris

Hi, another question, from what I have read on this forum today, and confirmed in ETIS,

that the Focus has drum rear brakes, amazed! Thought those days had gone.

I assume the braking system is adequate?!

al

Brake drums are only on the lower powered models if I'm right. Brakes are fine, I have same engine.

Alan, let me know how you get on with your fuel economy. I've already had Ford look at mine but they say it is within the 'range'. I have done 10,500 miles now and have seen little or no improvement from new. I am yet to get 500 miles out of a tank full !! By my calculations I reckon car is doing around 46mpg at best. Travelled to Glasgow and back this week - all motorway and fuel computer only indicated 41mpg :(

I have a 2010 titanium 1.6tdci and get about 51mpg which I expect , does say in the facts that they do 64mpg but I know that is never the case as with my old fiesta 1.4tdci mk7 I was getting around 58mpg.

Hi, it is very rare that any car meets, or even exceeds, the manufacturers quoted figures. It is even difficult to compare one car of the same make/model to another as the mpg is dependant upon many varibles. I used to be able to get excellent mpg out of my Mk4 diesel 2.0l Mondeo, when others complained. However I cannot seem to get as good as I expected from my new Focus driving it in the similar way....

Chris

Hi, Confused at to which MK this model Focus is?

Is it MK4?

al

Hi, Confused at to which MK this model Focus is?

Is it MK4?

al

Latest Focus is Mk3 :)

Since ive had my focus ive been a bit confused which mk model I have , I think its a mk2 but with the facelift so I presume the unofficial saying is mk 2.5?

Since ive had my focus ive been a bit confused which mk model I have , I think its a mk2 but with the facelift so I presume the unofficial saying is mk 2.5?

Hi, no that is the official Ford MK2.5, many seem to think it is a Mk3, for whatever reason. It has been that way for a long time thus .5 means midlife facelift.

Chris

• 4 weeks later...

I get 44MPG, from the 1.6TDCi, and thats driven hard!! When im careful ive seen 52-54MPG, however dont forget that were now using winter diesel, colder weather etc... all affects mpg!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club